Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Advise Me Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Me Please (1554 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Me Please by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Good evening everyone.
Please I need your advice on this my matter.
My senior colleagues are organizing some engineering software training programme at very cheap prices. My school session is about to commence and I am running around looking for money to pay my school fees.
My problem is that this software training is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and the cost of the training is just slightly above my school fees.
My question is that if I somehow get money should I enrol into the programme and forfeit my schooling? OR, should I pay the school fees and forget this once in a lifetime opportunity?
Your kind response would be appreciated. Thank you
cc Amofum
Re: Advise Me Please by collinsfhk(m): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
Vanceastro:
Good evening everyone.
Please I need your advice on this my matter.
My senior colleagues are organizing some engineering software training programme at very cheap prices. My school session is about to commence and I am running around looking for money to pay my school fees.
My problem is that this software training is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and the cost of the training is just slightly above my school fees.
My question is that if I somehow get money should I enrol into the programme and forfeit my schooling? OR, should I pay the school fees and forget this once in a lifetime opportunity?
Your kind response would be appreciated. Thank you

Why do you want to give up your education which is the foundation for your future for this. Though it is good but you need your education more.

Every opportunity is not for you, some are setup for pitfall. Here is what the bible have to say: 1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

I will suggest you face you education, another opportunity will present itself when the time come. So if you cannot afford both, face your education.

God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
collinsfhk:

Why do you want to give up your education which is the foundation for your future for this. Though it is good but you need your education more.

Every opportunity is not for you, some are setup for pitfall. Here is what the bible have to say: 1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

I will suggest you face you education, another opportunity will present itself when the time come. So if you cannot afford both, face your education.

God bless you!
Thank you very much sirsmiley I am not getting what I want from my undergraduate programme. Would it not be better I grab this skills than graduate with a poor cgpa and no skill?
Re: Advise Me Please by collinsfhk(m): 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Vanceastro:

Thank you very much sirsmiley I am not getting what I want from my undergraduate programme. Would it not be better I grab this skills than graduate with a poor cgpa and no skill?

Sometimes, skill witout education = limitation.

I pray you make the best choice.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me Please by DonOms(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
Vanceastro:

Quite a lot of people who go to the university don't get what they want from it until they're out of it. Trust me, you should want to graduate with a good CGPA AND gather all the skills you can.

Pay your tuition. Negotiate with a fellow student who will be taking the training to train you thereafter and give him a token. Then devote your time to learn the software in details. Trust me, google will offer you all the extra training hints you'll need if you can seek it.
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
DonOms:

Quite a lot of people who go to the university don't get what they want from it until they're out of it. Trust me, you should want to graduate with a good CGPA AND gather all the skills you can.

Pay your tuition. Negotiate with a fellow student who will be taking the training to train you thereafter and give him a token. Then devote your time to learn the software in details. Trust me, google will offer you all the extra training hints you'll need if you can seek it.
This makes sense. I already have a not-so-good cgpa because of lack of funds. I am thinkin of grabbing this skill and while making money from it enrol into uni again, this time being able to properly fund my schooling and graduating with a good cgpa. More like a cyclic process
Re: Advise Me Please by Coldplay007(f): 2:58am On Jan 03, 2017
Vanceastro:

This makes sense. I already have a not-so-good cgpa because of lack of funds. I am thinkin of grabbing this skill and while making money from it enrol into uni again, this time being able to properly fund my schooling and graduating with a good cgpa. More like a cyclic process
Myopic thinking... It's safer to finish your education.

But I feel this your post is a stylish fine Bara venture..

1 Like

Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Coldplay007:

Myopic thinking... It's safer to finish your education.

But I feel this your post is a stylish fine Bara venture..
Bara venture? What's that?
But you know seun didn't finish, but look where he is today because of his skills.
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 03, 2017
_
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Seems like this section is deserted.
Re: Advise Me Please by nmreports: 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
Vanceastro:
Seems like this section is deserted.

Because you seem stubborn

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me Please by Acidosis(m): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2017
nmreports:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 4:27am On Jan 05, 2017
nmreports:

Re: Advise Me Please by emmasmith1030: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2017
Safer to finish your education.
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2017
Seun, is it true you dropped out of OAU?
Re: Advise Me Please by Seun(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2017
Use the money to pay your school fees. There's nothing like a once in a lifetime training program me in my view. There will be others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2017
Seun:
Use the money to pay your school fees. There's nothing like a once in a lifetime training program me in my view. There will be others.
Ok sir, thank you for ya advice. I will pay my fees first if i get money. But I really need to learn those software though. Who knows! It may serve as a source of income.
Re: Advise Me Please by Stark7: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2017
Seun:
Good day Seun,
I created a thread and mentioned quite a number of people but I think they didn't get the notification, just the first person got it.
Pls, it's crucial to me.
Here's the thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3547961/insight-into-case-feedback

Thanks.
Re: Advise Me Please by hammerF: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
Seun:

Na run u dey run so? grin

As u dey run na so ur yansh dey follow u. u no go fit run leave ur yansh nau.
Re: Advise Me Please by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
hammerF:

Na run u dey run so? grin

As u dey run na so ur yansh dey follow u. u no go fit run leave ur yansh nau.
:|

(1) (Reply)

Am 27yrs And I'm Still Bedwetting. / This Is Wonderful! See Photos Of Baby Born With Teeth / I Just Got A Job In Lagos And I'm Looking To Share Rent With A Kind Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.