Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Lets Talk About: Quick Ways To Speed Up Your Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, Or 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Lets Talk About: Quick Ways To Speed Up Your Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, Or 10 (1307 Views)

Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami / How To Speed Up A Slow PC Without Any Software Or Formatting - Windows 7,8,10 / Running Windows? How To Protect Against The Big Ransomware 'wannacry' Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About: Quick Ways To Speed Up Your Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, Or 10 by stevespack(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
The true remains that your Window PCs don't really have to slow down over time. Even if it started long ago or just today is just a sign some thing is wrong somewhere. But down worry by the time you are through reading this post you should know what to do and best way to fix it up. May i remind you here that if you have being using the system lets say since morn till evening and suddenly you notice
that is responding slowly don’t be afraid to give your computer a reboot. This i believe can fix quite a few problems and is faster than attempting to manually troubleshoot and fix the problem yourself. (Just a tip).
Alright if the above tip couldn't help try below tip which is:

First Tip ''Locate Resource-Hungry Programs''
The very first reason your PC is running slow is simple because something is using up those resources. Is clear that a runaway process might be using 99% of your CPU resources, or possible an application might be experiencing a memory leak and using a large amount of memory, causing your PC to swap to disk. Most of this programs that comes in 3D form. Alternately, an application might be using the disk a lot, causing other applications to slow down when they need to load data from or save it to the disk. Those that have use coral draw and other program together will understand what am saying here.

Now the best way to deal with this kind of issue is to open the Task Manager. Simple right-click your taskbar and select the “Task Manager” option or press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to open it. Although on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, the new Task Manager provides an upgraded interface that color-codes applications using a lot of resources. Click the “CPU,” “Memory,” and “Disk” headers to sort the list by the applications using the most resources. If any application is using too much resources, you might want to close it normally — if you can’t, select it here and click “End Task” to force it to close.

Second Tip ''Close The System Tray Programs''
Whether you know it or nor many applications tend to run in the system tray, or call it notification area. Most of these applications often launch at the startup and stay running in the background but remain hidden behind the up arrow icon at the bottom right corner of your screen. All you have to do have is to click on the up arrow icon near the system tray, right-click any applications you don’t need running in the background, and close them to free up resources. Remember also any time you are installing a new program and it ask you to add it to startup menu unmark the box that way it will save the system from running slow in the future.

Third Tip 'Disable Startup Programs'
Like i said above if you are the type that do allow program to be added to startup menu when installing is wrong and you need to stop if you really wants to continue enjoying high system speed.
Even in Window 8. 8.1, and 10, they have included a startup manager in the Task Manager you can use to manage your startup programs.

All you have to do is Right-click the taskbar and select “Task Manager” or press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to launch it. Click over to the Startup tab and disable startup applications you don’t need. In-fact Windows will helpfully tell you which applications slow down your startup process the most. Simply delete them and that will help your system be more fast.

Forth Tip ''Reduce Animations''

Is very clear that Windows uses quite a few animations, and whether you believe it or not those animations can make your PC seem a bit slower. For example, Windows can minimize and maximize windows instantly if you disable the associated animations.

Now to disable animations, all you have to do is press Windows Key + X or right-click the Start button and select “System.” Click “Advanced System Settings” on the left and click the “Settings” button under Performance. Choose “Adjust for best performance” under Visual Effects to disable all the animations, or select “Custom” and also disable the individual animations you don’t want to see. For example, unmark “Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing” to disable the minimize and maximize animations. That way you are sure of your system running fast again.

Five Tip ''Your Web Browser Need Lighten''
Just like me and those that use web browser a lot, is likely that your web browser may just be a bit slow. All you have to do is to start using as few browser extensions, or add-ons, as possible. The true remains that those add-ons slow down your web browser and cause it to use more memory.

To achieve this. Go into your web browser’s be it Mozilla, Chrome, Sea-monkey, Vivaldi or Opera. scroll to Extensions or Add-ons manager and remove add-ons you don’t need. You should also consider enabling click-to-play plug-ins. This i believe will help prevent Flash and other content from loading thereby prevent unimportant Flash content from using CPU time.

Six Tip ''Free Up Disk Space''
I know your data's are very very important to you but why not get external hard driver for back up. The true of the matter is if your hard drive is almost completely full, it will make your computer run noticeably slower. Time to free up some space, and to do this you don’t need any third-party software just running the Disk Cleanup tool included in Windows can help quite a bit. Just try it am sure it will save you time and energy.

Seven Tip ''Defragment Your Hard Disk''

Though if you ask me i think Defragmenting your hard disk actually shouldn’t be necessary on modern versions of Windows. Reason being It’ll automatically defragment mechanical hard drives in the background. Which means solid-state drives don’t really need traditional defragmentation, Inasmuch as i know modern versions of Windows will “optimize” them and that’s fine.

So in conclusion i believe you shouldn’t worry about defragmentation most of the time. But, if you do have a mechanical hard drive and you’ve just put a lot of files on the drive let say for example, copying a huge database or gigabytes of PC game files those files might be defragmented because Windows hasn’t gotten around to defragmenting them yet. So in a such situation, you might have to open the disk defragmenter tool and perform a scan to see if you need to run a manual defrag program. And if is necessary don't waste any time to do so.

Tip Eight ''Uninstall Programs You Don’t Use''
No much story on this because i believe is something you have being doing from time to time, Just open the Control Panel, find the list of installed programs, and uninstall programs you don’t use and don’t need from your PC. Believe me this alone can help speed your PC up, the fact that those programs might include background processes, autostart entries, system services, context menu entries, and other things that can slow down your PC.

It’ll also save room on your hard drive and improve system security let say for example, you definitely shouldn’t have Java installed if you’re not make use it. Whatever the program maybe provided you are not making use of it kindly uninstall it and free up space.

Nine Tip ''Reinstall Windows''

If you have try all the above tips and still experience the same problem the one timeless solution to fix Windows problems aside from rebooting your PC, of course is getting a fresh Windows installation.But make sure you back up your data or files before proceeding. Why i love this modern versions of Windows is the fact that Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 re very easy to get a fresh Windows installation than ever.

Why because you don’t have to get Windows installation media and reinstall Windows. Instead, all you need is simply use the “Reset your PC” feature built into Windows to get a new, fresh Windows system. Yes this is similar to reinstalling Windows and will wipe your installed programs and system settings while keeping your files. Though sometimes most of the files may not be complete hence back up necessary.

I hope this post was a bit of help to someone out there. and before i close up this post remember
also to scan your system from time to time that will help remove virus's like Malware and Adware
which i believe also can slow system down. If you still have question or comment do use the comment box and i will do my best to answer you thank you. http://eisteve..com.ng/2017/01/lets-talk-about-quick-ways-to-speed-up.html

Re: Lets Talk About: Quick Ways To Speed Up Your Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, Or 10 by ademasta(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
Thanks for this....

#MakeUrPCFastAgain
Re: Lets Talk About: Quick Ways To Speed Up Your Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, Or 10 by stevespack(m): 12:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Am glad you find it useful thank you
ademasta:
Thanks for this....

#MakeUrPCFastAgain

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About: Quick Ways To Speed Up Your Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, Or 10 by ademasta(m): 6:21am On Jan 03, 2017
stevespack:
Am glad you find it useful thank you
Thank you too boss

(1) (Reply)

Parrot Security OS Review - Parrot Linux 3.7 / A Gaming Laptop Is Urgently Needed! / The 10 Biggest Microsoft Surprises Of 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.