Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch (1093 Views)

Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / Tutorial On: How To Build Php & Mysql Cms Website From Scratch / Responsive Web Design Tutorial From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch by olofuzi(m): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2007
What are the necessary things to learn after html: the steps, tutorials, e.t.c
Need some help from you bros and sis. Thanks
Re: Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch by pie1ect(m): 7:35am On Jan 12, 2007
HTML is just the beginning of the journey.

Html is a good and quite essential foundation, but you raise your stock through the roof if you are fluent in:

1. Other 'dynamic' Web Programming Languages :: PHP, Javascript and Java, ASP, Ajax (you don't have to know them all)

2. Cgi Programming (with perl)

3. Documentation (an often over-looked and underused but absolutely neccessary chore of the Web Designer).

Of course, you should be versatile with one or more popular Design packages in the market (ala Dreamweaver, HomeSite, etc).

You don't absolutely need to, but ideally you should know a lil' bit about databases, the different DB management systems available and how they plug into your Project.

If you come to my company with such a Resume, you definitely stand a far better chance than someone with a complex knowledge of HTML only.
Re: Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch by my2cents(m): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2007
In addition to what has been said above - don't fly solo - learn from your fellow peers, especially those who have been in the game for more than a couple of years,

Seeing that you are in the lagos area, there are many of them registered at www.webmastersofafrica.com - check it out grin

Good luck!
Re: Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch by CaliBobo1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2007
@ pie1ect, thx 4 info abovesmiley .

Further to @ olofuzi's question, in what order (steps) shd one approach d applications after HTML in terms of level of difficulty?

Am a newbie myself, I breezed thru HTML, XHTML & CSS easy, decided to learn something on client browser scripting, hence studied VB Script & JavaScript from d W3C site, and grasped absolutely nothing. Now am scared to venture into PHP server scripting, talkless of any DB applications.

Pls. point us to any free eBook source URL that breaks JavaScript & VBScript into easy to comprehend newbielese(sp) and list applications/languages for us to pursue afterwards in degree of difficult

Thx in anticipation 4 ur timesmiley smiley smiley
Re: Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch by smartsoft(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2007
www.vebook.org hope that helps
Re: Guide To Becoming The Pro Web Designer From Scratch by CaliBobo1(m): 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2007
@ smartsoft, pls. re-check link to www.vebook.org . I was unable to access website, thx

(1) (Reply)

Is Blogging Dead? / Make Over $40 Everyday With Your Google Ad Sense Account / Senate Passes Bill On Yahoo Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.