Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Starting A Layers Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Layers Farming (1084 Views)

Newbie Pullets/layers Farming / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / I Need Advice On Starting A Frozen Chicken Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Layers Farming by oshonola(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello my great farmers, I am a young graduate planning to ventures into poultry farming (layers to be precise).Am planning to start with 120 DOC.NOTE the xtra 20 is incase of mortality during brooding,so at the end I will have atleast 100 laying birds.As.a novice on layers farming,I need your urgent helps,contributions,advices,headup on how to be successful in my new adventure. The area I will be needing most help and contribution is d area of der vaccinations and drugs program from day 1 till dey start laying and during laying period. Wil der be any monthly vaccination program for them? And also about N.D.V.K, how many times wil I give to dem and at wot age.thanks while I await ur helpfull contribution
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by oshonola(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
oshonola:
Hello my great farmers, I am a young graduate planning to ventures into poultry farming (layers to be precise).Am planning to start with 120 DOC.NOTE the xtra 20 is incase of mortality during brooding,so at the end I will have atleast 100 laying birds.As.a novice on layers farming,I need your urgent helps,contributions,advices,headup on how to be successful in my new adventure. The area I will be needing most help and contribution is d area of der vaccinations and drugs program from day 1 till dey start laying and during laying period. Wil der be any monthly vaccination program for them? And also about N.D.V.K, how many times wil I give to dem and at wot age.thanks while I await ur helpfull contribution
please ur. advice is needed
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by GreenAcres(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
oshonola:
please ur. advice is needed

This is a commendable step in the new year. I will suggest you take time to go through previous posts on poultry and layers management on Nairaland. Lots of invaluable nuggets for people like you to gain from. I am a farmer, and I still go through all the posts on agriculture to increase my knowledge. You must search for knowledge, nobody will drop information on your laps. With your perceived hunger for success, you will make it. Cheers
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by alakara(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
This is a nice step .
Layers vaccination and medication for layers is almost the same thing just a little adjustment here and there.
Hope your pen, brooding facilities drugs and vaccination are ready.
Get your birds from repute sources.
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by japsyvic(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2017

(
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by oshonola(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
GreenAcres:

This is a commendable step in the new year. I will suggest you take time to go through previous posts on poultry and layers management on Nairaland. Lots of invaluable nuggets for people like you to gain from. I am a farmer, and I still go through all the posts on agriculture to increase my knowledge. You must search for knowledge, nobody will drop information on your laps. With your perceived hunger for success, you will make it. Cheers
@Green Acres thanks for the info I will do that rite away
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by oshonola(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
alakara:
This is a nice step .
Layers vaccination and medication for layers is almost the same thing just a little adjustment here and there.
Hope your pen, brooding facilities drugs and vaccination are ready.
Get your birds from repute sources.
Thanks.
@Alakara thanks every is set.
Re: Starting A Layers Farming by alakara(m): 8:04am On Jan 05, 2017
oshonola:
@Alakara thanks every is set.
Order for your pullets.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Now Has The Largest Moringa Plantation In West Africa - Debo Onafowora / Rare Snake That Was Killed On My Street / Battery Poultry Cages At Farmergiant Nigeria Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.