Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Whats For Thanksgiving? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whats For Thanksgiving? (1240 Views)

Whats For Thanksgiving? / Combining My Husbands Nigerian Dishes With American Thanksgiving / Whats For Thanksgiving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 6:07am On Nov 21, 2009
For those of us that celebrate thanksgiving, whats cooking on that special day??
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by mamagee3(f): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2009
Turkey, of course. cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 11:43pm On Nov 21, 2009
how about jollof rice, apple/pumpkin pie??
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by mamagee3(f): 12:09am On Nov 22, 2009
SeanT21:

how about jollof rice, apple/pumpkin pie??

They are not thanksgiving recipes. wink
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 12:17am On Nov 22, 2009
WEll, U can still do it. That's what my mothers doing.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Epi: 6:30am On Nov 22, 2009
sorrel (fresh sorrel directly from Trinidad) can't wait to taste it
chicken/ turkey
white rice/rice and bean
leg of pork for the pork lovers

*still working on my menu shocked shocked

Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 7:38am On Nov 22, 2009
Damn, Epi, I will be joining you for dinner whether you like it or not. Haha
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by selena(f): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
turkey,ham,corn,stuffings,etc hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cant wait. grin grin grin
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Fhemmmy: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
Turkey
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by whiteroses(f): 3:41am On Nov 24, 2009
as i dey type now i'm green with envy, i love festive times when you get to eat turkey and party but here in UK the only thanks we are giving is that racist grifith dint win election, so they dont chuck our ass back to nigeria lol
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:45am On Nov 24, 2009
Abeg anyone in the Austin area cooking for thanksgiving ? my gf and are are looking for a place to go eat. sad
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 24, 2009
Ogidiboy, are you that broke?

oma se
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:49am On Nov 24, 2009
FL Gators:

Ogidiboy, are you that broke?

oma se

It's not a matter of being broke dear, my gf and I don't know how to cook a turkey with all the fixings, and all that cooking just leaves a lot of dishes to wash so we just looking for someone that is cooking we can come keep company and eat that's all.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by whiteroses(f): 4:04am On Nov 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

It's not a matter of being broke dear, my gf and I don't know how to cook a turkey with all the fixings, and all that cooking just leaves a lot of dishes to wash so we just looking for someone that is cooking we can come keep company and eat that's all.
lol no need to reply, how does going to a nice diner states someone is broke lol
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:08am On Nov 24, 2009
whiteroses:

lol no need to reply, how does going to a nice diner states someone is broke lol

Don't mind that Florida Alligator my dear, she's just looking for my trouble.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Abeg anyone in the Austin area cooking for thanksgiving ? my gf and are are looking for a place to go eat. sad

Haha~~Thanksgiving comes ones a year so stop being lazy oo. You guys can can go to a restaurant that is serving thanksgiving dinner. Some restaurants do that on thanksgiving day for lazy peeps like U and your sweetheart..
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2009
SeanT21:

Haha~~Thanksgiving comes ones a year so stop being lazy oo. You guys can can go to a restaurant that is serving thanksgiving dinner. Some restaurants do that on thanksgiving day for lazy peeps like U and your sweetheart..

It's not always about being lazy, we both go to school and taking over 18 credit hours also work full time, the only little time we have together we making out, studying, or watching football.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Hauwa1: 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
the hands are a terrible thing to waste

OgidiBoy:

Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Hauwa1: 11:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

It's not always about being lazy, we both go to school and taking over 18 credit hours also work full time, the only little time we have together we making out, studying, or watching football.

same here for Gator and I. sleep the day away or u both use it for shagging eh. no be by force to chop turkey lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
*Hauwa*:

same here for Gator and I. sleep the day away or u both use it for shagging eh. no be by force to chop turkey lipsrsealed tongue

I hear, long time sis how you dey. Are you cooknig for Thanksgiving or looking for someone that's cooking too like me and my gf.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Epi: 12:06am On Nov 25, 2009
selena:

stuffings,etc hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cant wait. grin grin grin
lawd gawd, nuh remind me a di stuffing. Ah di tweetest, right? wink
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by mamagee3(f): 12:32am On Nov 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm sorry, I live in the Corpus Christi Area. sad
But you can drive in here. cheesy cheesy
Food is always available
! cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:09am On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

I'm sorry, I live in the Corpus Christi Area. sad
But you can drive in here. cheesy cheesy
Food is always available
! cheesy cheesy

I may just take you up on that offer kiss
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by AmakaOne(f): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Is it the pumpkin pie? The turkey?
The stuffing? The mashed potatoes?
That weird green bean casserole with the french fried onions on top?

Whatever it is, start eating it NOW.

If your mouth is watering at the thought of turkey and stuffing, make a turkey with stuffing this week.
The fact that you even have a favorite Thanksgiving food may be the reason that you end up going overboard on Thanksgiving.

So, give yourself permission to have Thanksgiving food now, in April and even in July.

Cooking a turkey several times a year will prevent the gorging that is typical on Thanksgiving.

Suddenly, it’s just another meal instead of a once a year event.

Whatever your favorite Thanksgiving food is, your homework assignment this week is to have it now.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Hauwa1: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2009
Amaka, mine is stuffing need an AA to make me one kiss
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Hauwa1: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
Nwoke Ogidi, how now what did you do yesterday grin me watched tv and slept thru the day.
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 28, 2009
Hauwa, bawo ni Thanksgiving e jare, omo to lewa  grin
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by mamagee3(f): 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
Thanksgiving was fun!!! grin grin
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2009
Mine was okay. 2 much papers too write for homework..
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by agathamari(f): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2009
pecan pie!

thanx seant21 now im homesick
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by SeanT21(f): 1:27am On Nov 30, 2009
Forgive me. cheesy
Re: Whats For Thanksgiving? by Fhemmmy: 1:34am On Nov 30, 2009
Thanksgiving don go.

(1)

What Is The Big Deal In Adding Fruits To Our Meal. / KFC Customer Finds Tiny Brain In His Fried Chicken / Pizzarama Jamaican Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.