Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving (8238 Views)

Toyota Camry Big Daddy 800,000 Naira Call 08109569064 for Test Driving / Used Peugeot 607 700,000 Naira Call 08109569064 for Test Driving and Inspecti / Toyota Camry Drop Light 800,000 Naira Call 08109569064 for Test Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by friendl: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2009
Year/Make/Model:1998 TOYOTA/CAMRY CE
VIN:4T1BG22K8WU329587

Please any good information , should contact me immediately

Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by DisGuy: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2009
wow!! hope you weren't in the car

You should include the state, area and maybe some description of the test driver
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by emeshot: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2009
this is bad.very bad
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by OBVIOUS(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
HAAAA! Nigerians----- -hahahha! shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by sultaan(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
Who done it?
shocked cry
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by michaelala(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2009
HAAAA! Nigerians----- -hahahha! Shocked Grin Shocked Grin Shocked Grin Shocked Grin
that's insulting Nigerians!
cars get stolen worldwide pls
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Parohfrey(f): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
next time, install a tracker.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by lumboi: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2009
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by showbobo(m): 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2009
Shed more light on the theft if you really want to recover it. . . . The car might be en-route COTONOU now already
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by shades: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
sorry bro, pray u find it,
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2009
@friendl

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. The criminal certainly wont try to sell the same car here nairaland as all of us here will certainly from now on be on the look out. Perhaps they might changes the car's colour before they sell it but the vin number should be the main area of focus for you.

This is absolutely disastrous and stupefying and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and any inconviences this has caused.

Regards
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2009
Sorry to hear this bro, hope you have insurance for your dealership?
We will be on look out for it and i pray that the culprit will be apprehended sooner than later.
Please make sure it is reported to the authority as well.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2009
Sorry to hear this, hope you're covered by insurance, or it's recovered soon.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
@ sienna.
Its amazing how skilled this criminals can be.  Most times they operate as organised gangs, and have a leader or if you might want to call him"the governor" (usually a fat ,muffin and cappuccino eating bastard) who instructs them on what make and model of car has been requested for.  They then go out on the hunt for the specific type of car.

I worked at "TRACKER NETWORK COMPANY" in Uxbridge ,Middlesex for years and my time there enlighted me a lot.      This criminal's knick the motor and go straight to the breakers to dismantle it for parts,  or take the car to their experts who also work as part of their syndicates to scratch off the VIN number and the replace it with a fictitious vin number and sell the car off to unsuspecting buyers.  Another method is the use of some sort of infrared-like device to disable the tracker, hence making the tracker malfunction and the car untraceable.

@ POSTER.  Again I really sympathise with you. Hope the authorities can do what they can.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by friendl: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2009
The man should be between 60years and above,my partner that followed him into the vehicle told me that he pointed gun at him, please any good information ,.and he claimed that he saw this camry from nairaland,, l don't understand what the idiot was saying,,
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Megadeals: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
Sorry bro, I hope you get your car back. Never allow customers take your car for a test drive all by themselves. It's a game of chance, they may or may not come back.

P.S: I did't realise it was an armed robbery!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by german007(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2009
@friendl

It could indeed have been worse.  You and your friend need to thank God the truant didnt shoot at your friend.  It could have been a different sequence of event.

"LIFE ITSELF IS UNMEASURABLE , UNQUANTIFIABLE AND DEFINATELY WORTH A MILLION TIMES MORE THAN THE CAR"

REGARDS
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Dizzybizzy: 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2009
Accept my sympathy and hope you find it soon. Hard luck!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by febirac(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2009
bro, sorry for the incident. Did u advertise the car on nairaland? did u meet the man at nairaland or he just came to u guys. I pray u get ur car back.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Iyanu2005: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2009
The useless old man that perpetrate this evil act will live to regret his action in life. Nemesis will surely catch up with him and God will find him out. Accept my sincere sympaty.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by friendl: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2009
febirac
Yes, it was advertised on nairaland, the first time he called me, he told me that he saw the post on nairaland, he have been coming to the park almost everyday , he comes with mechanics to check the engine, l wouldn't blame my partner then, u guys should be very careful,please
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
Very sorry to hear this, it's such a shame, And to the person (I'm trying so hard not to name-call) that put those smiley faces below and posted "hahahaha", what human would laugh at such an inccident? My goodness!!! It's a shame that to even allow someone to test drive a car in Nigeria these days that you have to pat the person down first to make sure they don't have a weapon. Just thinking about it, even if the theif said he saw it on Nairaland he could have given out a diferent Nairalander's name, Very to sorry to hear this!!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by familierl: 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2009
sad realy sad to hear this,they will pay some day for there doings.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Igwe9(m): 12:27am On Nov 22, 2009
ah ah! sorry to hear this my padi, it could have happened to anyone, and people must ask for test drive, maybe, a valid ID card/international passport would suffice.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Middleman: 1:49am On Nov 22, 2009
lsorry about the incident.
i think we all need to be more careful and vigilant since we approaching december and we know how rough things get in lagos during that period.
who would ever suspect a 60 yr old man who posed as a serious buyer, am sure they are others who are currently here trying to throw one scam or the other,
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Busybody2(f): 2:02am On Nov 22, 2009
shocked shocked shocked Nairalanders shocked shocked shocked Don't even know what to say cry cry cry
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by gestapo(f): 2:39am On Nov 22, 2009
friendl, ill suggest you send an email to the owner of nairaland, so that he can sticky this topic on the front page His email address is
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 22, 2009
friendl, this is to wish you the best of luck in recovering the vehicle. This thread will remain as a sticky in the auto section for a few days.

Monitor_1
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by gestapo(f): 2:54am On Nov 22, 2009
Friendl that was fast !!!  I wish you a quick recovery !!!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by EMC2: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2009
@friendl, So sorry BUT I hope u've reported the case to the police [You'll be shocked @ wat they can do "IF" they knuckle down] wat u got to loose?
Anyway, to the "buyers" on Nairaland wanting to buy a car and get another free or @ halfprice TAKE CAUTION @ ridiculously low priced car!!!
Pay wat the ride is worth and double check all details esp. cars not shipped directly into 9JAR via the ports!!!! Yep, I said it CAUTION !!!
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2009
It's a sad state of affairs.

I think it's best, if a potential buyer comes down with a friend or 2, and wants to test drive your car, insist on only 1 person boarding the vehicle. It's not a circus, and only one person can drive at a time anyway.

Also, it would be a good idea if you as the seller, had a friend or 2 with you. If the potential buyer is genuine, I'm sure he / she'll understand.

Good luck all.
Re: Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving by searchcorp(m): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2009
why not give a decription of the car and the thief, , this might just help and better still the area where it was stolen exaclty. just hope the thief had no papers yet with him,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Honda Accord/babyboy2000 Used...350k / ✔️ sold late 2014 Range Rover Vogue Autobiography / 2010 Ford Taurus In Ibadan 09027804148 @5.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.