Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why Exactly Do We Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Exactly Do We Get Married? (797 Views)

Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Thi is one question I have always loved to ask people. Something came up recently again and I thought of sharing it here and getting views of nairalanders.

A friend has the AS genotype. He met an amazing lady whose genotype is AC. Scientifically, they aren't supposed to get married to each other to avoid bringing an SC child into the world.

I felt bad when my friend told me but I was forced to ask myself again. Why do we get married? Is it for the purpose of raising children or is it because we loved each other as man and woman in the first place?

Now, my friend is on the verge of losing that very amazing lady on the grounds of incompatibility. What if she were AA and she doesn't give birth when they marry? What happens?
If they want kids, can't they adopt and save themselves the headache that comes with the thought of bringing an SC child into the world?

To me, marriage is beyond giving birth really. That's my opinion however. I know we all have different opinions.

I'll appreciate responses from matured folks. Thanks

Cc: lalasticlala. Ishilove. Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by lawrenzi(m): 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
I will comment later, let me wait for others to come
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by mengho(m): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
well, its for the purpose of finding a soul mate, but the package must come with healthy kids and a good cooking talent. cool. otherwise is better to stay single

P.S if there are no children, do you think you will be here to post dis cheesy
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 04, 2017
I'm getting married for kids and to spend the rest of my life with my soulmate, live together, train our kids together and grow together if God permit which I know he will.

And finally to answer the "why are you still single?" question lolz cheesy
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by DozieInc(m): 12:18am On Jan 04, 2017
We get married for the purpose of raising a family, cos humans are communal in nature.
We all need soul mates friends etc, @Edubestconsult ever wondered why even the most hardened criminals goes crazy when put in "solitary confinement"
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 04, 2017
Different reasons. Tradition, societal pressures, religious reasons, green card, children, love and to ritualise your commitment, legal advantages are some examples
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Mskrisx(f): 12:42am On Jan 04, 2017
Why do u have two balls?
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by megareal: 1:26am On Jan 04, 2017
I never ever wanted to marry. I fell in love and got married. Didn't really think why. Just knew I had found the one, period.
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by talktonase(m): 5:23am On Jan 04, 2017
Procreation and companionship.

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2017
lawrenzi:
I will comment later, let me wait for others to come
are you still waiting? cheesy
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2017
megareal:
I never ever wanted to marry. I fell in love and got married. Didn't really think why. Just knew I had found the one, period.
phenomenal cheesy
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Mskrisx:
Why do u have two balls?
that is Ur own answer? Dahsokay undecided
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:51am On Jan 04, 2017
1bkaye:
Different reasons. Tradition, societal pressures, religious reasons, green card, children, love and to ritualise your commitment, legal advantages are some examples
thanks for sharing
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2017
DozieInc:
We get married for the purpose of raising a family, cos humans are communal in nature.
We all need soul mates friends etc, @Edubestconsult ever wondered why even the most hardened criminals goes crazy when put in "solitary confinement"
ur point is valid cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2017
Catalin:
I'm getting married for kids and to spend the rest of my life with my soulmate, live together, train our kids together and grow together if God permit which I know he will.

And finally to answer the "why are you still single?" question lolz cheesy
the last part got me cheesy
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2017
mengho:
well, its for the purpose of finding a soul mate, but the package must come with healthy kids and a good cooking talent. cool. otherwise is better to stay single

P.S if there are no children, do you think you will be here to post dis cheesy
Lol. I weak grin
Re: Why Exactly Do We Get Married? by Edubestconsult: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2017
Thanks to everyone who commented on the post. Obviously, children are important in a marriage. I also agree.

What I am trying to say is that it shouldn't be made to look like that is the only reason we go into marriage. I don't know, perhaps my thoughts are different, I think I'll decide to marry a lady because I love her. That's d first!

I am not going to marry her because I expect her to give me babies. I mean what if we marry and children don't come. What happens Children are beautiful addition to any marriage. Being AS and AC/AS shouldnt be a big deal really. We can decide to adopt babies IMO if we think we need to have babies and we do not want to risk bringing a sickle cell child into the world.

(1) (Reply)

Young Mother Rapping While Breastfeeding Her Baby! / Have To Tried This Before - (photo) / Lol… See The Note This Nigerian Little Girl Dropped For Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.