Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi (1429 Views)

Man, 27, Caught Exhuming His Father's Body After 14-years To Retrieve His Shoes / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos / Ritualist Caught Exhuming Corpses In Kogi, Almost Lynched By Irate Mob (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by kunmibola(m): 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
The peaceful community of Elegbo area, Baale Agbe road, Sabo in Oyo town was thrown into panic on Tuesday, 27th December, 2016 when a man was allegedly caught after exhuming and mutilating a body at the Muslim Cemetery located within the community.

According to some accounts, the man who seemed to have been known for this notorious act in the town was caught in the act when some group of mourners who went to the cemetery to buried their own body observed a strong stench of decomposing body.

One of them decided to satisfy his curiosity by looking around to detect the source of the foul odour when he saw some parts of human body and a man hiding under a banana tree.

This curious mourner immediately raised alarm and held the suspect. The other mourners were alerted and they joined to raise the alarm which, of course, alerted some members of the community who mobilized and ran to the cemetery.

Not only was the sight disgusting to some eyewitnesses, it also got people emotional as the sight of a human body already mutilated brought tears to some people's faces.

The obviously angry community members apprehended this guy and he was questioned. From the video piece made available to me, he confessed to be a Ph.d holder and a lecturer who was finding it difficult to succeed.

He said he was introduced to the man who asked him to bring human parts by one 'Monsuru' and that he would be getting 10 million naira every three days.

Some reports said this man swallowed his sim card immediately he was caught to prevent the mob from discovering who his colleagues and associates were.

The mob, believing if that releasing the man to the police would only mark the end of the case, took the laws into their hands.

They resulted to jungle justice and lynched the suspect. Not only was he lynched, he was burnt to death.

As at the time of my visit to the cemetery, the body was still lying in front of the cemetery gate.

During this investigation, I met the Divisional Police Officer of the Atiba Division, SP Sadiq who gave us the police version of the story.

According to the DPO, the police were informed about the incident when the man was caught and two police officers (a maled a female) were dispatched to avert crisis and bring in the suspect.

On getting to the scene, the angry mob put up resistance and didn't allow the police to arrest the suspect. In fact, they attempted to stone the officers and the officers had no choice but to run away from the scene.

According to a report, this suspect has been in the business of mutilating and selling human parts for years. He had been caught once, handed over to the police but he was released afterwards.

This could have been one of the reasons why the community members decided to take laws into their hands.

The DPO also confirmed that the man had once been arrested around 2009 or so and that he had the habit of hiding under the pretext of insanity.

The DPO said the officers who went to the scene were able to get his phone but the sim was missing. He said they have gotten some few contacts from the phone and that efforts were underway to locate the man's relatives and his business associates.

As at Saturday, 31st December, 2016, the dead and decomposing body of the man was removed from the scene by the combined efforts of the Atiba police and the Health department of the Local government.

Source: www.omoiyakunmi..com

Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by JideAmuGiaka: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
The gullibility of some people are legendary, l mean how can somebody believe that by bringing human parts for sacrifice h/she will be getting #10mil every 3 days?. The person doing the sacrifice for you, how rich is he, if he posses such power do you think he will be in the shrine?.

I don't just underkwuruoto.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by fran6co(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
h
Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by benedictnsi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
I just came to ascertain where exactly the guy hail from

I was not disappointed as usual.....
Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by oscallins(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
wat do u expect frm a nigerian at this time of change. atleast that one beta pass the killing of christains

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by Kingbuhari(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
benedictnsi:
I just came to ascertain where exactly the guy hail from

I was not disappointed as usual.....
don't be disappointed we already knw them

Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by Kingbuhari(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
this ritualistic Togolese cousins self.... diabolic and evil, they believe so much in
diabolical and traditional powers,
charms, native doctors (babalawo)
and juju medicine, this is why
there are so many human parts
factories in their land for human
rituals. Anyone that thinks it's a
lie, watch any of their movie
starting to ending and if you don't
see babalawo
involved, then know that all i am
writing here is untrue trash Ndi ogwu Ego TUFIAKWA
Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
I was sure of the tribe and political zone.
Just came to check the main spot.
Not surprised
Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by buharimustlive: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
AFONJA TRADEMARK

Blood money people...
Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by dotman4real007(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
well I believe the police would have freed him, roasting him was the best thing to do.
Re: Man Caught Exhuming Body Burnt To Death In Sabo, Oyo - Omoiyakunmi by AfonjaGuy: 1:31am On Jan 05, 2017
Afonjas always doing what they known as. Yorubass and Ritualist, Tufiakwaa

(1) (Reply)

Igala Boys Fighting The Herdsmen. / Sars Officer Who Killed Ram Seller Arrested And Paraded In Kogi State (photos) / Photos Of The 55 People Killed In The Kaduna Riot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.