Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

The Best Book There Is - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Book There Is (975 Views)

Unbelievable: Harvard University Ranks Qur'an As The Best Book For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
Centuries past, books and articles were written by great scholars and people of great intellect. These books are dead because they couldn't withstand the ferocious wind of criticism that came knocking and blowing out the shambolic plots and write up.

The Bible however has stood the test of time. It's one of the most popular - if not the only popular - books on earth. The reason for its firmness and popularity owes to the fact that it is the exclusive work of the best raconteur. He's second to none.

Although the Bible wasn't literally written by God, He breath the words to the profilic writers who artistically penned down the words on pamphlets.

Whilst reading the book of Deuteronomy which is one of the many books in the Bible, I stumbled upon something which left my jaw opened for a great while. In Duet. 34 from verse 7 to the last verse, the writer wrote about his own death and even talked about what happened afterwards. How could he had known what happened?!

I'm beginning to think if the most revered book is anyway better than Shakespearean and J.K Rowling's books.

How could this be?
*I'm just thinking out loud.
Re: The Best Book There Is by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Jimmy, I just got released from a ban brought about by poking holes in the Muslim god idea

to the op, bible is just another book written and accepted, just that a delusion was created around it which has stayed for centuries

Moses and Pharaoh's "magicians" compare their snakes. With raised eyebrow, Moses smiles: "Mine's bigger". Pharaoh's snake gets swallowed. Aaron likes to watch.

Lot offers his daughters to a rape culture mob instead of his two male guests. Mrs. Lot gets salted. Abused daughters plan revenge and took turns raping their father

Old man convinces millions to follow him, winds up getting lost. Refuses to stop and ask for directions. Wanders desert for 40 years. Old man called "prophet".

Guy gets tortured to death. Sun goes dark. Ground opens up and the dead go out for a stroll through town. Historians don't bother mentioning it.

Judas kisses Jesus. Romans see it and arrest and crucify Jesus for being gay.

They call Joseph having two different fathers an inaccuracy, I call it an endorsement of gay marriage.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Book There Is by DoctorAlien(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
The last parts of the Torah, including Moses' death, weren't recorded by Moses himself. It was most probably Joshua.
Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:
The last parts of the Torah, including Moses' death, weren't recorded by Moses himself. It was most probably Joshua.

The bolded words show assumption.
OK, let's pretend Joshua co-wrote the book of Deuteronomy, why isn't he given the credit of a co-writer?

1 Like

Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Jimmy, I just got released from a ban brought about by poking holes in the Muslim god idea

to the op, bible is just another book written and accepted, just that a delusion was created around it which has stayed for centuries

Moses and Pharaoh's "magicians" compare their snakes. With raised eyebrow, Moses smiles: "Mine's bigger". Pharaoh's snake gets swallowed. Aaron likes to watch.

Lot offers his daughters to a rape culture mob instead of his two male guests. Mrs. Lot gets salted. Abused daughters plan revenge and took turns raping their father

Old man convinces millions to follow him, winds up getting lost. Refuses to stop and ask for directions. Wanders desert for 40 years. Old man called "prophet".

Guy gets tortured to death. Sun goes dark. Ground opens up and the dead go out for a stroll through town. Historians don't bother mentioning it.

Judas kisses Jesus. Romans see it and arrest and crucify Jesus for being gay.

They call Joseph having two different fathers an inaccuracy, I call it an endorsement of gay marriage.

Lol. The sad thing is that a book with a modicum of inconsistency hasn't become a bestseller. The Bible however, is among the chart with it many inconsistencies.

Why didn't I see this! The inconsistencies are what makes it superb. The deliberate contradictory plots by the acclaimed storyteller is what makes it standout. Quite interesting.
Re: The Best Book There Is by DoctorAlien(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

The bolded words show assumption.
OK, let's pretend Joshua co-wrote the book of Deuteronomy, why isn't he given the credit of a co-writer?

None of the humble writers of the Scriptures, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, were looking for recognition. The message they bore was more important to them than jostling for recognition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Book There Is by Martinez19(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
jimmyjenseng:
Centuries past, books and articles were written by great scholars and people of great intellect. These books are dead because they couldn't withstand the ferocious wind of criticism that came knocking and blowing out the shambolic plots and write up.

The Bible however has stood the test of time. It's one of the most popular - if not the only popular - books on earth. The reason for its firmness and popularity owes to the fact that it is the exclusive work of the best raconteur. He's second to none.

Although the Bible wasn't literally written by God, He breath the words to the profilic writers who artistically penned down the words on pamphlets.

Whilst reading the book of Deuteronomy which is one of the many books in the Bible, I stumbled upon something which left my jaw opened for a great while. In Duet. 34 from verse 7 to the last verse, the writer wrote about his own death and even talked about what happened afterwards. How could he had known what happened?!

I'm beginning to think if the most revered book is anyway better than Shakespearean and J.K Rowling's books.

How could this be?
*I'm just thinking out loud.

those deuteronomy verses got me laughing. grin nice observation.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Book There Is by hopefulLandlord: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hopefullandlord's review of the Holy Bible

[b]The Bible, written by multiple and, in some cases, anonymous authors, is a poorly-written, disjointed and confusing read.

The first section, The Old Testament, centers primarily around a character named “God.” Told in rambling and often unrelated short stories, God is an unlikeable, inconsistent, and immoral being who demands unwavering adoration, but then showers murder, plague, famine, unimaginable hardships, and horror upon both devotees and enemies alike.

Seemingly unrelated to the first section, the second section, The New Testament, centers around a new character named “Jesus.” God does appear in this second section, but his persona is so unaccountably different than his previous persona that one wonders whether God is really the same character. In a further incongruent point, Jesus claims he is God. He also claims he is the son of God. The book is unclear whether Jesus truly believes this, or is simply a mentally ill individual with delusions of grandeur, who has no access to medication.

Overall, the book has no moral value and says nothing relevant, fresh, or interesting for today’s readers. There is no clear plot line; the story is uninspired. Due to its violent and graphic nature, it is not recommended for children. Inexplicably,

The Bible has developed a cult following. These so-called “Christians” seem somewhat unstable, and insist that this fictional work is actually non-fiction. Sadly, these devotees have been known to be disruptive, immoral, destructive, and intolerant, much like God.

The Bible is of no significant value, and holds no promise for any meaningful or positive cultural impact.[/b]

End of review

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

None of the humble writers of the Scriptures, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, were looking for recognition. The message they bore was more important to them than jostling for recognition.

Quite impressive! I'd advice everyone put on this same humility cloak.

My concern isn't about the innocent adroit writers who were called out from the corners they were to the centre stage but about the storyteller who didn't put his creative work well.

Take a look at the book of Judges for example. In Judges chap 4:17-22, Jael killed Sisera whist he was asleep. In Judges chap 5:24-27, the reader is told that Sisera was standing when Jael killed him.

Why should the writer be compelled to put up different piece in one line of event without succintly explaining the reason for the change?

1 Like

Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

[b]The Bible, written by multiple and, in some cases, anonymous authors, is a poorly-written, disjointed and confusing read.

The first section, The Old Testament, centers primarily around a character named “God.” Told in rambling and often unrelated short stories, God is an unlikeable, inconsistent, and immoral being who demands unwavering adoration, but then showers murder, plague, famine, unimaginable hardships, and horror upon both devotees and enemies alike.

Seemingly unrelated to the first section, the second section, The New Testament, centers around a new character named “Jesus.” God does appear in this second section, but his persona is so unaccountably different than his previous persona that one wonders whether God is really the same character. In a further incongruent point, Jesus claims he is God. He also claims he is the son of God. The book is unclear whether Jesus truly believes this, or is simply a mentally ill individual with delusions of grandeur, who has no access to medication.

Overall, the book has no moral value and says nothing relevant, fresh, or interesting for today’s readers. There is no clear plot line; the story is uninspired. Due to its violent and graphic nature, it is not recommended for children. Inexplicably,

The Bible has developed a cult following. These so-called “Christians” seem somewhat unstable, and insist that this fictional work is actually non-fiction. Sadly, these devotees have been known to be disruptive, immoral, destructive, and intolerant, much like God.

The Bible is of no significant value, and holds no promise for any meaningful or positive cultural impact.[/b]

End of review

Thanks for this piece bro. It's unmistakably one of the best review written.

I hope the Association of Bible Printers humbly use this as a prologue so they don't lose their client any longer.
Re: The Best Book There Is by DoctorAlien(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng,

The issue of Sisera's death is addressed in [url=lookinguntojesus.net/siseras-death-ata/]this short piece.[/url]

1 Like

Re: The Best Book There Is by DoctorAlien(m): 12:20am On Jan 05, 2017
And I'll add:

There seems to be a kind of disconnection between v.26 and v.27 of Judges 5. In Judges 5:26 is found a repeat of what happened in Judges 4:21. The singer, then, seemingly went poetic in verse 27, especially considering the Hebrew word there which was translated "bow".

The song in Judges 5 is simply stating that Sisera “bowed down” and “fell” at Jael’s feet. It does not say that he died before this; in fact, it says the opposite: “where he bowed, there he fell down dead.” Furthermore, this passage is a song sung by Deborah and Barak, and as such, can use metaphoric language, unlike a historical account.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Book There Is by hopefulLandlord: 7:40am On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Thanks for this piece bro. It's unmistakably one of the best review written.

I hope the Association of Bible Printers humbly use this as a prologue so they don't lose their client any longer.

grin
Re: The Best Book There Is by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Quite impressive! I'd advice everyone put on this same humility cloak.

My concern isn't about the innocent adroit writers who were called out from the corners they were to the centre stage but about the storyteller who didn't put his creative work well.

Take a look at the book of Judges for example. In Judges chap 4:17-22, Jael killed Sisera whist he was asleep. In Judges chap 5:24-27, the reader is told that Sisera was standing when Jael killed him.

Why should the writer be compelled to put up different piece in one line of event without succintly explaining the reason for the change?

How dare you? Blasphemy. You are going to hell for this you ungrateful unbeliever. The god of Israel's book is perfect...you're taking it out of context.

He was obviously sleep-standing.
grin grin grin
Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2017
There is a sudden, shocking wave of deep interest in the bible.Many enlightened people from different religions are are taking a closer look because of the mind-blowing scientifically verifiable evidence coming out of the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria that the Holy gospels are true.

The Holy Scoan's world wide free TV channel called, Emmanuel TV is now used by biblical scholars and medical science alike because the miracles are easy to study. The miracles confirm the reality of the Holy Gospels and the Holy Book Of Acts.

Yes ! The Holy Bible is scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church as the source of the most awesome personal help for mankind.

CC 4kings
hopefulLandlord:

End of review
Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2017
MrMarvelous:

How dare you? Blasphemy. You are going to hell for this you ungrateful unbeliever. The god of Israel's book is perfect...you're taking it out of context.

He was obviously sleep-standing.
grin grin grin

Lolz. I won't be the only person there na. It will even be a great platform to meet with people of different race and colour. It's a place of equality and total freedom.

He should book me a flight if he wants to send me to hell. The road or railway will be damn too slow.
Re: The Best Book There Is by hopefulLandlord: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
There is a sudden, shocking wave of deep interest in the bible.Many enlightened people from different religions are are taking a closer look because of the mind-blowing scientifically verifiable evidence coming out of the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria that the Holy gospels are true.

The Holy Scoan's world wide free TV channel called, Emmanuel TV is now used by biblical scholars and medical science alike because the miracles are easy to study. The miracles confirm the reality of the Holy Gospels and the Holy Book Of Acts.

Yes ! The Holy Bible is scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church as the source of the most awesome personal help for mankind.

undecided
Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Hmm, you better don't let me start talking.
Re: The Best Book There Is by hopefulLandlord: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

that guy's better ignored, all he'll do is preach "Thief B" Joshua all day
Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=52557967]

that guy's better ignored, all he'll do is preach "Thief B" Joshua all day[/quote

loollzz
Re: The Best Book There Is by Martinez19(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

how can Christians understand atheist arguments when they are not laconic enough in reasoning. Their bible says any prophet who prophecys and it doesn't come to pass then that prophet is not of god but yet you see them still blindly following tb Joshua and other useless prophets. That alone shows that their reasoning is faulty.

Imagine, people were already defending the thief called tb Joshua with all kinds of rubbish theories. Gosh. angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Bring it on !
You say the following trash, "Overall, the book has no moral value and says nothing relevant, fresh, or interesting for today’s readers. There is no clear plot line; the story is uninspired. Due to its violent and graphic nature, it is not recommended for children."

You are just a "hopefullandlord", did you become one already ? I hope not because your tenants will be miserable, O.

LOL ! let get serious guys, just even for one minute.

While assholes curse the truth, world esteemed leaders, Professors, Doctors. kings, presidents agree that because of the sciebtifically verifiable evidence they have witnessed in the Holy Scoan, they believe Jesus is what the Gospels claim about him.

Re: The Best Book There Is by hopefulLandlord: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Bring it on !
You say the following trash, "Overall, the book has no moral value and says nothing relevant, fresh, or interesting for today’s readers. There is no clear plot line; the story is uninspired. Due to its violent and graphic nature, it is not recommended for children."

You are just a "hopefullandlord", did you become one already ? I hope not because your tenants will be miserable, O.

LOL ! let get serious guys, just even for one minute.

While assholes curse the truth, world esteemed leaders, Professors, Doctors. kings, presidents agree that because of the sciebtifically verifiable evidence they have witnessed in the Holy Scoan, they believe Jesus is what the Gospels claim about him.

cc jimmyjenseng grin
Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

cc jimmyjenseng grin

LMFAO. Man, that dude is a clown. He just said that the miracles are easy to study.

I thank him for his comment. I used to think miracles are spiritual works which are beyond human grasp. Now, miracle is now a study.

Thanks clown.
Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

End of review
You must be the laziest atheist I know, HOPEFULLANDLORD. There are many atheists that are referred to the worlds most powerful FREE Bible learning tool called Emanuel TV and youtube.com and reported that they were mistaken about important biblical truths.

The bible writer did an excellent job of writing deep truths so that the uneducated and humble understand it and the status driven pseudo educated get lost.

Only a mentally ill or plain dumb person will continue to fight a loosing battle. Choose your battles wisely ! Your way of thinking is seriously flawed and dangerous to the well being of society, HOPEFULLANDLORD.

Listen carefully Nairaland readers to what a scholar Jeffrey Nall asserts “Thinkers such as Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens created a religion that amounts to a monstrous straw-man which they then burn at the stake”

(Humanity and Society, Aug. 2008).Refer to http://www.bethinking.org/atheism/dawkins-delusions-faith-and-evidence

The highly esteemed scholar Jeffrey Nall continuses to say, "After learning more about them however, I started to see some of their views, including their social Darwinist tendencies and “intolerance” of cultural diversity as “quite dangerous.”

What shocked Jeffery Nall was a stunning remark Sam Harris made to an interviewer: “If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.”

Dawkins’ signed a petition to the British Prime Minister that called for making it “illegal to indoctrinate or define children by religion before the age of 16. Who the Bleep do Dawkins think he is ? It is unfortunately, there are a lot of atheists who go into the field of psychology and psychiatry.

Mr.LeDrew does briefly discuss the appalling conversation undertaken by atheist scientists Lawrence Krauss and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Their conversation goes like this: “Those foreign jungles and deserts are seething with savages, heathens, cannibals, and headhunters.

You just cannot reason with those heartless black primitives; therefore it is our duty, as reasonable, civilized men to subdue them, dress and educate them in our manner, and, of course, kill them when we must.

And the fact that the wealth of their Afican regions is flowing westward and enriching the already bloated coffers of our ruling and economic elite has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Einstein eventually agreed that the universe's amazing miraculous design demands the existence of a creator God.
Even though he at first, defrauded his own mathematical formulas to prove that God do not exist.

Albert Einstein the fraud eventually admitted that it was his greatest mistake. Then, go beyond Einstein's faulty understanding of the purpose of the universe
Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Is that your informed response to scientifically verifiable facts ?
Re: The Best Book There Is by jimmyjenseng(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Is that your informed response to scientifically verifiable facts ?

Did you read the OP? I guess not. Pls, carefully read the words, let them sink in then carve out your argument

Errmm, I think you're better ignored just has hopefulLandlord said.

Thanks for the contributions though.
Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Did you read the OP? I guess not. Pls, carefully read the words, let them sink in then carve out your argument

Errmm, I think you're better ignored just has hopefulLandlord said.

Thanks for the contributions though.
It would be my pleasure to ignore you. But before I do that, I have read your poorly disguised OP, thats why I wrote something you responded to with threats. So I invited you to get started so other readers can learn something useful about the bible.

You commented in your OP, " I'm beginning to think if the most revered book is anyway better than Shakespearean and J.K Rowling's."
books.

Your dark hidden motives is cleary revealed and it is exactly what other insane atheists have attempted and failed at : it is to ridicule the bible and therefore the precious beliefs of millions of people.

You may have succeeded with your sick plan 10 years ago, but the world can thank the Holy Scoan Church for the scientifically verifiable evidence freely available 24hrs a day, that the Holy Bible is true.

jimmyjenseng, you are one of only a few talented writers. Why dont you use the skill to help a suffering world ?

What happened in your life to make you stoop so low?
Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Lol. The sad thing is that a book with a modicum of inconsistency hasn't become a bestseller. The Bible however, is among the chart with it many inconsistencies.

Why didn't I see this! The inconsistencies are what makes it superb. The deliberate contradictory plots by the acclaimed storyteller is what makes it standout. Quite interesting.
Atheists have for hundreds of years failed to prove the so-called inconsistencies/lies.

Suddenly a modern atheist, JIMMJENSENG of the 21 century jumps out of his closet and boldly proclaims to the world again that the bible is full of inconsistencies/lies. What a waste of his precious time.

The sad thing about JIMMJENSENG's disturbing plan is that the consequences of it are what societies world wide are still trying to recover from.

A note to Nairaland readers : The theist asserts God's existence; the atheist denies God’s existence, while the agnostic professes ignorance about it.

The terrible suffering of atheism, agnosticism, deism has ended. All this spirit deadening ideas flourished for hundreds of years during the growth of fake churches.

The work of true churches was to demonstrate Gods love which is miraculous healing and more for the benefit of mankind. In the absence of this evidence, atheism and other isms have been born.

Emmanuel TV is a golden opportunity for atheists world wide to study in private and examine the evidence without shaming themselves. They will make progress if they put aside their rasicm and fear. God is revealing Himself mightily through a black man. Examine the evidence not the man's color !
Re: The Best Book There Is by ScienceWatch: 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

LMFAO. Man, that dude is a clown. He just said that the miracles are easy to study.

I thank him for his comment. I used to think miracles are spiritual works which are beyond human grasp. Now, miracle is now a study.

Thanks clown.
Dont thank me, thank the Holy Scoan Church that you as a hateful atheist have an "easy" way to study if miracles are real. Your small mind can find a way to agree with thousands of live testimonies of sincere people. Because you dont have the ability to interpret evidence, you do what the mentally insane do, you make fun of other peoples suffering.

A note to enlightened Nairaland readers :

Atheism is a mental disorder or illness :

By now we all realize the terrible inner suffering of the atheist/agnostic/humanist etc etc (all are deceptive terms used to deceive)
God will not be mocked !

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
Murderers like Hitler and Stalin were also atheists.

(1) (Reply)

2 Muslim Men Disrupts Church Service In Edo, Church Members Flee (VIDEO) / Apostle Suleman Gets Invitation To White House / Pastor Faith Oyedepo Donates Food Items And Relief Materials To Idps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.