Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

You May Now Kiss The Bride - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You May Now Kiss The Bride (2246 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Read A Church's Regulation On What A Bride & Groom Should Wear For Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You May Now Kiss The Bride by battleaxe: 8:21am On Jan 12, 2007
Now, I anticipate I'm going to get a lot of criticism for this but I'll go ahead. On the wedding day, the officiating person who joins the groom and bride usually says, "You may now kiss the bride", (Well, this doenst happen in Redeemed Christian Churches) . For me, this is another subtle indication of the fact that you weren't supposed to have been doing that before the wedding day, along with a lot of other things.I know people might say this statement is just what our Pastors or people around us have created but please comment. Thanks.
Re: You May Now Kiss The Bride by kimba(m): 5:44am On Jan 13, 2007
If it doesnt happen in Redeemed Christian CHurch, does it mean that the practice of kissing your bride to be, before your wedding plan/date is right or wrong?

Can you compare the level, intensity and nature of kissing that a bride and groom engage in, in CHurch before their parents, the church congregation and before witnesses, overflowing with blessings, joy and prayers, with the kind of kissing that usually results in unwanted pregancies out of wedlock?

That is why the pregnancies are called unwanted: because the kissing was not planned. There were no prayers and blessings involved. It was lustfully done, usually in quiet, dark places, for which testimonies about the kiss cannot be shared with and boasted about in the public.

What im trying to say is: whether or not the statement is an RCCG practice, doesnt approve or negate the statement as part of the marriage ceremony. How many of such ceremonies took place in the days of our great and grand-fathers? And if ull be getting married in the RCCG, there would be no remorse from the congregation if you ask for a special permission to kiss your bride in front of the whole church - at least for that golden photo shoot, with the altar as a background.

I am also trying to say that there are many other things, more important and vital im a marriage than the aspect of wedding day: you may now kiss the bride. Such things could be more focused on.
Re: You May Now Kiss The Bride by chistiana(f): 8:52am On Jan 13, 2007
nhhhhh, but it happen in Reedem but not in deeper life, u dont kiss, dont put on ring, no wedding gown in deeper life,
instead of ring, they give u a bible.

1 Like

Re: You May Now Kiss The Bride by agnesoseka: 11:26am On Mar 19, 2007
na wa oh
Re: You May Now Kiss The Bride by agnesoseka: 11:30am On Mar 19, 2007
na wa oh

(1) (Reply)

Religious Bigotry And Hypocrisy- Nairaland Islamic Style!!! / I Saw Myself Unclad In A Dream / Free Christian Ebook Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.