Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE (4782 Views)

Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious / 2019 Fast APN Settings For Glo 3G And 4G Sim / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by double0seven(m): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2017
That Glo supposed 3G network is very terrible is no longer news. It really is getting worse and worst.

But will like to know whether their 4G LTE network is any different. Whether it is very fast. Even "just fast" will be enough. If this is so, want to get a phone with the 28(700) 4G band so that I can continue to get benefit of their big & cheap data bundles. If their 4G is just like their 3g, then I rather just switch to another network instead of changing smartphone.

So who are those already on the Glo 4G LTE network? Please share your experience with us.
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by J4parry(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2017
Glo 4G is reliably fast and efficient, It's best enjoyed if you have enough data because the data burn/consumption rate is almost 3x that of 3G. Speaking from experience.
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by dustmalik: 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
J4parry:
Glo 4G is reliably fast and efficient, It's best enjoyed if you have enough data because the data burn/consumption rate is almost 3x that of 3G. Speaking from experience.
I've used Glo LTE, and I didn't notice any abnormal data burning rate. Naturally, you are able to do more within a short period of time, probably why people tend to believe that LTE consumption rate is higher than 3G.

6 Likes

Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by double0seven(m): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
j4parry and dustmalik,

Please what area of Lagos do you guys reside? Also, which phone you guys using?

Does the 4G LTE kills battery faster?
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by dustmalik: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
double0seven:
j4parry and dustmalik,

Please what area of Lagos do you guys reside? Also, which phone you guys using?

Does the 4G LTE kills battery faster?
I reside in Abuja, and I use both Huawei E5573s-606 and E5377bs-508 for Glo LTE. As for battery, there really isn't noticeable difference between 4G LTE and 3G.

2 Likes

Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by double0seven(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^^
thanks for the reply
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by wunderkiind(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
dustmalik:

I reside in Abuja, and I use both Huawei E5573s-606 and E5377bs-508 for Glo LTE. As for battery, there really isn't noticeable difference between 4G LTE and 3G.
the GLO 4G MiFi from GLO has been out of stock for quite a while now... Yet they keep disturbing me when it's not even available anywhere. I guess you must have gotten yours many months ago.
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by dustmalik: 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
wunderkiind:

the GLO 4G MiFi from GLO has been out of stock for quite a while now... Yet they keep disturbing me when it's not even available anywhere. I guess you must have gotten yours many months ago.
Yeah. Got mine as soon as they reduced the price to 10k.
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by FellaL: 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
double0seven:
That Glo supposed 3G network is very terrible is no longer news. It really is getting worse and worst.

But will like to know whether their 4G LTE network is any different. Whether it is very fast. Even "just fast" will be enough. If this is so, want to get a phone with the 28(700) 4G band so that I can continue to get benefit of their big & cheap data bundles. If their 4G is just like their 3g, then I rather just switch to another network instead of changing smartphone.

So who are those already on the Glo 4G LTE network? Please share your experience with us.
from where I am staying the 4g connection is worse than the 3g, the 4g SIM is useless
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by Bossman(m): 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Are all of GLO/MTN sims LTE enabled, or you have to swap to a LTE enabled sim? GLO's use of that very rare LTE band 28 is another story...very few phones support that band.
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by EmeraldChoice: 6:31am On Jan 07, 2017
Bossman:
Are all of GLO/MTN sims LTE enabled, or you have to swap to a LTE enabled sim? GLO's use of that very rare LTE band 28 is another story...very few phones support that band.

You MUST swap your SIM card to a 4G LTE enabled one before you can use the 4G service on both Glo and MTN.
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by Tomason: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2020
[color=#770077][/color] Glo only support 700MHz but most 4g phone supports from 800MHz
Re: Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE by ken6488(m): 11:52am On Jan 01, 2020
Check my signature for glo unlimited activation

(1) (Reply)

Earphone Freaks Like Me Can Relate To This Lol (photo) / Rate My Battery, Screen On Time (sot) / Samsung Galaxy A8 Samsung Slimmest Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.