Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,601 members, 7,840,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

What If The Devil Were To Repent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Devil Were To Repent? (559 Views)

Now I Want To Repent And Move Closer To God, But Which Teachings Can Help? / If The Devil Choose To Repent, Will God Forgive Him? / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2017
I've always got this thought of asking God a series of questions when I get to be with him in heaven. Among those questions is this:

Should we not really save our prayers for the only being that needs it the most - Satan? Must there really be evil to counter every good? Must there always be darkness, death, immortality and other devilish associated qualities?

Can there be no redemption for the devil?. if redemption is possible, countless lives will be saved. The good book educates that the devil is already condemned; but the same book says "with faith nothing is impossible" and it showed that men can change the mind of God.
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by GRACEGLORY: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2017
gwine0047:
I've always got this thought of asking God a series of questions when I get to be with him in heaven. Among those questions is this:

Should we not really save our prayers for the only being that needs it the most - Satan? Must there really be evil to counter every good? Must there always be darkness, death, immortality and other devilish associated qualities?

Can there be no redemption for the devil?. if redemption is possible, countless lives will be saved. The good book educates that the devil is already condemned; but the same book says "with faith nothing is impossible" and it showed that men can change the mind of God.

satan, can't repent, he's judgement has been made.

So many answers for your questions in scriptures, don't wait till you get to heaven.
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 05, 2017
GRACEGLORY:

satan, can't repent, he's judgement has been made.

So many answers for your questions in scriptures, don't wait till you get to heaven.

Who says it can't be unmade?
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by johnydon22(m): 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
then the story is ruined, God always need a rival and escape goat to heap the blame for its short comings

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by femzysticks(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
grace is not available to non humans
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
gwine0047:

my question seems similar but in direct opposite from OP
what if another Angel betray God; if Satan can, i believe any other Angel can (satan going with one-third of God army/soldier is enough proof of God not-so-invincible)
what if after trumpet some people that made heaven plan a coup against one of God's angel or God himself

nothing is impossible in as much as we have free will either on earth,Saturn, heaven,Jupiter, hell, mars or Pluto
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by butterflylion: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
gwine0047:

So you are now The Devil's Advocate?

Are you saved? Is everyone in your family saved? Do you even know what it means to be Spiritually dead?
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by hopefulLandlord: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

what if another Angel betray God; if Satan can, i believe any other Angel can (satan going with one-third of God army/soldier is enough proof of God not-so-invincible)
what if after trumpet some people that made heaven plan a coup against one of God's angel or God himself

nothing is impossible in as much as we have free will either on earth,Saturn, heaven,Jupiter, hell, mars or Pluto

hmmm! maybe a coup?

even bible said The Book of Revelation describes a war in heaven between angels led by the Archangel
Michael against those led by "the dragon", identified with "the devil and Satan ", who are defeated and thrown down to the earth.

history is usually written by victors so what if god was the coup plotter and Satan was on the throne before?

have we heard Satan's side of the story?

just thinking aloud
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
butterflylion:

So you are now The Devil's Advocate?

Are you saved? Is everyone in your family saved? Do you even know what it means to be Spiritually dead?

Are you spiritually dead?
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hmmm! maybe a coup?

even bible said The Book of Revelation describes a war in heaven between angels led by the Archangel
Michael against those led by "the dragon", identified with "the devil and Satan ", who are defeated and thrown down to the earth.

history is usually written by victors so what if god was the coup plotter and Satan was on the throne before?

have we heard Satan's side of the story?

just thinking aloud

I thought I was the only with this wild thoughts. It may be as you purported but what I know is we got insufficient data to know the whole truth
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

Seriously? Beware the mind of men. I love the human inquisitiveness, it kills us or empower. Nevertheless, it's source is beautiful

If we were created by God so perfect to think in such a way as to device a plan to Usurp Him, then God must be very confident that we can't or unthoughtful to create His own doom.
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
johnydon22:
then the story is ruined, God always need a rival and escape goat to heap the blame for its short comings

The greatest challenge for God is also the kindest thing He's done - freedom to Choose.
Re: What If The Devil Were To Repent? by butterflylion: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
gwine0047:

Are you spiritually dead?
Lol, Stupid kids everywhere. If you want to come in public and talk you'd better know somethings.
Now, move along.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/01/17 / 6 Tools To A Successful Daily Quiet Time / What Is The Difference Between Christianity And Judaism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.