Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) (2781 Views)

10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / 10 Cars That Have Other Names In Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by nurey(m): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
With a little help, we quickly found that there were far more than 10 cars built in the last 25 years that last over 300k miles. In fact, we saw many cars with 300, 400, 500, even 700,000 miles! (It made us happy to be in the auto parts business). When it was all said and done, we were able to summarize a top-10 list of cars which were talked about the most. No this doesn’t mean your 300k mile NSX isn’t reliable, it just means that there are a lot more 300k Camrys than 300k Supercars.

1. 1981-1994 BMW 3-Series: No, this really isn’t the most reliable car ever made, but when sorting different makes & model cars, B does come before the letter T. Everyone loves the E30 BMW for is its mystical connection between affordability, reliability, driver experience, and engineering excellence. The slogan ‘The Ultimate Driving Machine’ can show it’s ancestry to the E30 3-Series. If you want an awesome daily driver (that gets 25-30mpg), an E30 will fit the bill. If you want a cheap BMW, the E30 will fit the bill. If you want a car that will dominate in an autocross, the E30 will fit the bill. With how capable the E30 BMW is, I’m constantly surprised they have such a low resale value. If you’re looking for a really fun car at a great price, look no further than a E30 3-Series.

2. 1999+ Chevrolet & GMC Trucks: Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra. These trucks contain the (now legendary) LS series engine, which not only is reliable, but also makes an easy swap into a hot-rod when your done with the truck.

Want to see how durable these trucks engines are? there is article by Hot Rod Magazine about how they took a 4.8l V8, and made it put out over 1,200 horsepower

3. 1983-2012 Ford Ranger (& Mazda B2300) w/2.3l 4cyl: Maybe you realized that there is another option to the well-valued Tacoma. That option is the Ford Ranger.

You may say really? A Ford Ranger reliable? If you’re in the Auto Parts business, you’ll know how reliable they are. With fleets approaching 700,000 miles, these trucks are simple, durable, and best of all, cheap. They are also popular for inter states in South west Nigeria

4. Honda Civic: One of the more surprising take away points from this research was that Hondas were not readily mentioned. While not a front-runner in the group, at no point can reliability be talked about and not mention Honda. Hondas are known by their owners as extremely reliable cars. Plus: even with high miles, they have a great resale value. I bet you’ll find a Civic with 300k+ miles on it for $3000.

The Civic is chosen because it is synonymous with reliability. Choose any Civic ever made, and you won’t go wrong.

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by nurey(m): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
5. Jeep Cherokee & Jeep Grand Cherokee w/4.0 6cyl: Unless you own one of these machines, it’s unlikely that you’re aware of their reliability. Equipped with a high-torque, low-revving straight 6, the Cherokee family is known to last a lifetime. Whether you need a truck for winter driving, or something for hauling the kids to soccer, the Cherokee is one that will keep on going.

6. 1994-1999 Nissan Maxima: With the Maxima’s biggest competitor being the Camry, Nissan knew they had to pull out all the stops when they made the Maxima. The result from 1994-1999 was a car that not only was reliable; it served as a fun car to drive. Owners report no major repairs up to 250,000 miles, and still very reliable over 400,000 miles. These Maximas are a fantastic car, that will last a long time.

7. 989-1999 Subaru Legacy & Subaru Outback: Need to go anywhere? Subaru owners seem to think they can. When you don’t want an SUV, but you need the capabilities. The Subaru is relatively modest car with an aggressive heart. The Legacy and Outback were mentioned by users numerous times, due to how useful they were. Does anyone want a 300k old Outback? Keep looking, because Subaru owners love their cars!

8. Toyota: 4Runner, Camry, Corolla, Land Cruiser, Prius, Pickup, T100, and Tacoma: Need i say much.

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by nurey(m): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
9. Volvo 850 & S70/V70: in 1993 Volvo attempted to veer away from the boxy 240 with this attempt at manufacturing a safe contemporary sedan. Equipped with a well-built 5cyl transverse-mounted engine, these Volvos kept their reliability reputation up through the production run. The great benefit of this car is its safety. The phrase ‘built like a tank’ describes the 850 Volvo. In turn, it means this car will be just as solid as the day you buy it.

10. 1983-1999 Volkswagen Jetta/Golf/Corrado: Volkswagens are one of the best-selling cars worldwide. Why? Because they are affordable, and seem to last forever. The models that were most prevalent with high miles are the MK2 and MK3 series of Jetta/Golf/Corrado.

Don’t tell anyone, but our choice would be the Corrado. Listed as VW’s First True Sports Car, the Corrado is great fun, which will last a long, long time.

In No particular order. Please add yours

http://blog.oscaroparts.com/top-10-reliable-cars/

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Whizpeter(m): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
No Mercedes Benz?? shocked MsDelilah must hear this... cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Whizpeter:
No Mercedes Benz?? shocked MsDelilah must hear this... cheesy cheesy

I just had to look at who created the thread. Quelle surprise!

Cc: Timelezz, Danfuster check out this joker cheesy

After losing an argument, he came to create this joke thread. We're supposed to be pained that he didn't put Benz on the list? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The W124 (V-Boot)was from 1984 to 1996. Last time I checked, the V-Boot is still very much around, even after 33 years!

My dad's V-Boot was well over 300k miles before he sold it. It was still very neat, with a sound engine (which he never changed in the 11 years he owned it.) grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by nurey(m): 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

After losing an argument, he came to create this joke thread. We're supposed to be pained that he didn't put Benz on the list? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The W124 (V-Boot)was from 1984 to 1996. Last time I checked, the V-Boot is still very much around, even after 33 years!

My dad's V-Boot was well over 300k miles before he sold it. It was still very neat, with a sound engine (which he never changed in the 11 years he owned it.) grin

lets not bring the argument of da oza room here grin, like you know benz isnt for everybody back then. Also i put it there "add yours too"

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Timelezz: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:
With a little help, we quickly found that there were far more than 10 cars built in the last 25 years that last over 300k miles. In fact, we saw many cars with 300, 400, 500, even 700,000 miles! (It made us happy to be in the auto parts business). When it was all said and done, we were able to summarize a top-10 list of cars which were talked about the most. No this doesn’t mean your 300k mile NSX isn’t reliable, it just means that there are a lot more 300k Camrys than 300k Supercars.

1. 1981-1994 BMW 3-Series: No, this really isn’t the most reliable car ever made, but when sorting different makes & model cars, B does come before the letter T. Everyone loves the E30 BMW for is its mystical connection between affordability, reliability, driver experience, and engineering excellence. The slogan ‘The Ultimate Driving Machine’ can show it’s ancestry to the E30 3-Series. If you want an awesome daily driver (that gets 25-30mpg), an E30 will fit the bill. If you want a cheap BMW, the E30 will fit the bill. If you want a car that will dominate in an autocross, the E30 will fit the bill. With how capable the E30 BMW is, I’m constantly surprised they have such a low resale value. If you’re looking for a really fun car at a great price, look no further than a E30 3-Series.

2. 1999+ Chevrolet & GMC Trucks: Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra. These trucks contain the (now legendary) LS series engine, which not only is reliable, but also makes an easy swap into a hot-rod when your done with the truck.

Want to see how durable these trucks engines are? there is article by Hot Rod Magazine about how they took a 4.8l V8, and made it put out over 1,200 horsepower

3. 1983-2012 Ford Ranger (& Mazda B2300) w/2.3l 4cyl: Maybe you realized that there is another option to the well-valued Tacoma. That option is the Ford Ranger.

You may say really? A Ford Ranger reliable? If you’re in the Auto Parts business, you’ll know how reliable they are. With fleets approaching 700,000 miles, these trucks are simple, durable, and best of all, cheap. They are also popular for inter states in South west Nigeria

4. Honda Civic: One of the more surprising take away points from this research was that Hondas were not readily mentioned. While not a front-runner in the group, at no point can reliability be talked about and not mention Honda. Hondas are known by their owners as extremely reliable cars. Plus: even with high miles, they have a great resale value. I bet you’ll find a Civic with 300k+ miles on it for $3000.

The Civic is chosen because it is synonymous with reliability. Choose any Civic ever made, and you won’t go wrong.

nurey:

its my dads flat boot that even made me cling to benz then. the mistakes are noted, i will tell samsung keyboard about it. As for the kapish, i dont know frech/italaian/spanish. i just copied it from cartoon noni. grin

Am not saying benz arent good, but dont over hype them, some of us are HISTORIANS.

nurey:

I laugh in martian grin everybody has got facts and stories, we have owned benz, Nissan, Honda, toyota, datsun. My dad used 4 regular benz for a spate of 10 years consecutively, he was a die hard fan. am not saying benz isnt the bomb

The above quoted statements is your comments few minutes ago where you woefully lost an argument.

Your dad's flat boot/regular Mercedes was built in 1976 and you witnessed it. From your DP, the car had been made long before you were born.

You always ccontradict yourself and shoot yourself in the foot with your emotional arguments.

Your hate for Mercedes won't cure your psychological problems bro.

Mercedes-Benz has some of the oldest cars plying the roads today.

From flat boot/regular benz built in 1976 which your dad owns

To Baby Benz (190) built in 1983

To Vboots W124 built in 1985

Get factual, bro. Even the girls are beating you in emotional stability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

lets not bring the argument of da oza room here grin, like you know benz isnt for everybody back then. Also i put it there "add yours too"

Lol. Oya no vex. I don add my own.
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by nurey(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

The above quoted statements is your comments few minutes ago where you woefully lost an argument.

Your dad's flat boot/regular Mercedes was built in 1976 and you witnessed it. From your DP, the car had been made long before you were born.

You always ccontradict yourself and shoot yourself in the foot with your emotional arguments.

Your hate for Mercedes won't cure your psychological problems bro.

Mercedes-Benz has some of the oldest cars plying the roads today.

From flat boot/regular benz built in 1976 which your dad owns

To Baby Benz (190) built in 1983

To Vboots W124 built in 1985

Get factual, bro. Even the girls are beating you in emotional stability.

it seems you like arguing alot. Where have i said benz is Bad or shouldnt be bought or used. You just shot yourself in the leg, i am not a BRAND LOYAL somebody, you discredit a car maker by preaching false lies, i will correct you simple as ABC.

go to the link brother if benz is there and i didnt put it, I will tender a public apology to benz fans also if in my writeup at first i never mentioned add yours, i will tender a public apology calling myself a Hypocrite
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Marshalrhino(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

i still rock mine tho it's an old model, it's far much i repeat far much better than most recent cars especially the handling. It's killing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Timelezz: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
nurey:

it seems you like arguing alot. Where have i said benz is Bad or shouldnt be bought or used. You just shot yourself in the leg, i am not a BRAND LOYAL somebody, you discredit a car maker by preaching false lies, i will correct you simple as ABC.

go to the link brother if benz is there and i didnt put it, I will tender a public apology to benz fans also if in my writeup at first i never mentioned add yours, i will tender a public apology calling myself a Hypocrite

Brother, no need to be argumentative. Just embrace logic for once.

1) You said your dad owns a 1976 Mercedes and you witnessed him driving it as an adult.

2) consequently, you and your dad are the living proof that the link you quoted was bad journalism and misrepresentation of facts.

3) since you have witnessed a nearly 40 years old Mercedes running smoothly in your house and all over Nigeria, you're supposed to be writing a disclaimer on the website, not quoting it as a source.

You're bias and can't hold your emotions in check.

When will you reconcile your grievance with Mr. Logic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Danfuster(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah and Timelezz have taken care of you (nurey), it would be an overfloged issue if I had to raise more facts but I'll just glide over this thread cool.

Kingreign... I see you viewing, cheesy isn't this OP hilarious. Well...real people know the real deal, the Jig is up.

Pic below are my baby in the garage...thr remaining two ML430 and SL 500 are on Villa mission, keys should have been 4 (collection of stars) grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Timelezz: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:
Ms.Delilah and Timel.ezz have taken care of you (nurey), it would be an overfloged issue if I had to raise more facts but I'll just glide over this thread cool.

Kingreign... I see you viewing, cheesy isn't this OP hilarious. Well...real people know the real deal, the Jig is up.

Pic below are my baby in the garage...thr remaining two ML430 and SL 500 are on Villa mission, keys should have been 4 (collection of stars) grin
That suck-in ignition key Mercedes introduced in 1997 never ceases to wow me.
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Danfuster(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
LOL.
This guy like trouble sha.
Nu/rey didn't create the list, y'all Mercedes Benz loyalist should give him a break. angry

If we are talking about Nigeria, then baby benz (190E), 230E, and that Shagari Benz (I think W126) should make an unbiased list.
Most households had these cars, and still have them now.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Danfuster(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

No doubt Mercedes has innovated so much that is now standard In the car industry. Take for example the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) was first used by Mercedes in 1995 and it now required by law in all cars. First to use multilink suspension 1982 etc.
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by nurey(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:

Brother, no need to be argumentative. Just embrace logic for once.

1) You said your dad owns a 1976 Mercedes and you witnessed him driving it as an adult.

2) consequently, you and your dad are the living proof that the link you quoted was bad journalism and misrepresentation of facts.

3) since you have witnessed a nearly 40 years old Mercedes running smoothly in your house and all over Nigeria, you're supposed to be writing a disclaimer on the website, not quoting it as a source.

You're bias and can't hold your emotions in check.

When will you reconcile your grievance with Mr. Logic?

I see you are very funny man. But I won't argue with you as everybody has a right to his own opinion.

Correction(s) noted. But also correct yourself sir by following simple instructions (add yours) lol
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:
MsDelilah and Timelezz have taken care of you (nurey), it would be an overfloged issue if I had to raise more facts but I'll just glide over this thread cool.

4 kwa?! Biko which one am I coming to collect? grin
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Danfuster(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

If I give you one, it will quench your hunger to get your "BEAST" tongue lol
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

If I give you one, it will quench your hunger to get your "BEAST" tongue lol

Lol. The only thing that can quench my "Beast" hunger, is the Beast.

Just let me know when I can come for one of your babies. grin
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Timelezz: 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

No doubt Mercedes has innovated so much that is now standard In the car industry. Take for example the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) was first used by Mercedes in 1995 and it now required by law in all cars. First to use multilink suspension 1982 etc.

Mercedes actually owns too many automobile patents it just wouldn't enforce.

Now the S class has gone into ultra VIP design for luxury jets with Lufthansa airline to recreate the feeling of the S class luxury on flight.

Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by tolulinks(m): 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Smh. Toyotas
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Danfuster(m): 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Timelezz:
Mercedes actually owns too many automobile patents it just wouldn't enforce.

Now the S class has gone into ultra VIP design for luxury jets with Lufthansa airline to recreate the feeling of the S class luxury on flight.

Wow... shocked I'm stoked.
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Danfuster(m): 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
MsDelilah:

Anyone ooo.. In short, "if you want the car, come and take it" grin
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Danfuster:

Anyone ooo.. In short, "if you want the car, come and take it" grin

Ah!!!!!! Ope ooooo. When can I come biko?
Re: Top 10 Cars That Last Over 300k Miles (nearing 500km) by talktimi(m): 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
No regular benz (flat boot) ? Wack list :p

(1) (Reply)

Help With Toyota Camry P2017 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/switch Circu / Toyota RAV4 VS Nissan X-trail: Which Is Better? / Clunking Sound From Front Legs Of My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.