Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,897 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black (3221 Views)

African Migrants: "Arabs Hate Us. They Don’t Think Blacks Can Be Muslims" / / Racism In Islam: Why Do Arab Muslims Call Blacks Abeed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by sino(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
Empiree:
Now, here is my opinion on this subject. Reason i can't defend "hadith" quoted in your op is

# it is not qola rosul

# there appears to be opinions of scholar(s) within it

# it is effrontery on Black as people

# it doesn't have explanation because , as op emphasized, it appears to be literal and direct

# it is not like those ahadith usually quoted by christians that appears to mock Black or Black people.

^

those ahadith are clearly metaphorical but this one is off. There is nothing to suggest or relate to it metaphorically. Therefore, I am not going to waste my time defending it. The brothers should have brought meaningful explanation to refute op. But so far it is not the case unfortunately. What is quoted in the op is different from the use of "black and white" used in the kitab and sunnah.

Until there is a meaningful explanation for it, it should just be dismissed as hearsay. This doesn't in anyway relegates status of whoever of our scholar(s) said it.

Lastly, it is funny how Shia imam wears yellow sandals.

Looks like egunmoggaji. The related Shia hadith quoted by sino is also guilty of what is quoted in the op. So both sides are actually guilty of racism. There is no other proper way to relate the Shia hadith metaphorically either. We know FOR SURE with no benefit of the doubt that neither Allah nor His nabi(saw) gave preference to any color. The best thing to do is to dismiss these nonsense ahadith as trash.

They are completely different from those ahadith of "qola rusul" except for very tiny ones. So there is no need to try to defend indefensible.

I'm sure President Mugabe would love to see Ayatollah wearing yellow shoes. Would love him more if it was white shoes. For the fact that he's the only one in the picture wearing yellow shoes shows that it is his opinion not general rule.

Empiree, the reason nobody cared about the narration in the OP is because it is a Shi'a narration, they are the "baba isale" of fabrications, you would see how AlBaqir quickly provided a link to claim such narration that is derogatory to blacks can also be found in Sunni books of which he had been adequately refuted on the said thread.

All Shi'a narrations are from the infallibles, the Imams who knew everything, including science, the Shi'a claim they are the ones practicing the true Islam, unfortunately, their books which were authenticated by their earliest scholars, are filled with lies....If your books are filled with fabrications which were not detected by the past scholars, and were the basis of their theology, then on what foundation is your religion?!

If those men putting on yellow shoes were just laymen on the streets, I wouldn't have bothered much. But what a wonderful coincidence isn't it? A narration praising wearing yellow shoes, and then all of a sudden, you see Shi'a religious leaders putting on yellow shoes...With just some big gold chains, rings and sunshades, they could easily go as pimps...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
sino:

Bros, can you state the chapter and page number? I have read through some chapters and I did not find the quote there.

thank you.

You can download Fath al-Barr from this website:
https://archive.org/download/WAQfbssb/fbssb06.pdf

Check page 423 especially. However I have attached the screenshots of the page and the front page.

@ AbdelKabir

Ibn Hajar uses the word ( naqso ) meaning "defect". Is that a slip of tongue or parable? The sheik was actually trying to explain this hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet ( s) said, "Allah created Adam,
making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to
him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their
reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e.
Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels
added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-
lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble
Adam (in appearance and figure)
. People have been
decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3326
In-book reference : Book 60, Hadith 1
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 55, Hadith 543

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by tintingz(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2017
When you read some Hadiths you will think you're reading "Lord of the Rings" books. grin

See them confused over some Hadiths.

1 Like

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2017
tintingz:
When you read some Hadiths you will think you're reading "Lord of the Rings" books. grin

See them confused over some Hadiths.

Really its saddened when you see people accepting this tales hook, line and sinker in the name of "Sahih".

3 Likes

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by sino(m): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

You can download Fath al-Barr from this website:
https://archive.org/download/WAQfbssb/fbssb06.pdf

Check page 423 especially. However I have attached the screenshots of the page and the front page.

Many thanks for the page number and link, but I have my own Fath Al-Baariy...

Now the Shiekh stated in his commentary that the issue with regards to the image of which people of Jannah would enter paradise is further explained in the chapter (Attributes of Paradise). While trying to see the Sheikh describe how black skin is a defect so as to qualify him as a racist, all I found was the below in the aforementioned chapter:

- حَدِيثُ أَبِي هُرَيْرَة فِي صِفَة أَهْل الْجَنَّة أَوْرَدَهُ مِنْ طَرِيقَيْنِ ، وَقَدْ ذَكَرَهُ مِنْ طَرِيق ثَالِثَة سَيَأْتِي فِي هَذَا الْبَاب أَيْضًا ، وَقَدْ ذَكَرَ بَعْضه فِي صِفَة آدَم مِنْ وَجْه رَابِع .

قَوْلُهُ : ( صُورَتهمْ عَلَى صُورَة الْقَمَر لَيْلَة الْبَدْر )
أَيْ فِي الْإِضَاءَة ، وَسَيَأْتِي بَيَان ذَلِكَ فِي الرِّقَاق بِلَفْظِ " يَدْخُل الْجَنَّة مِنْ أُمَّتِي سَبْعُونَ أَلْفًا تُضِيء وُجُوههمْ إِضَاءَة الْقَمَر لَيْلَة الْبَدْر " وَفِي الرِّوَايَة الثَّانِيَة هُنَا : " وَالَّذِينَ عَلَى أَثَرهمْ كَأَشَدّ كَوْكَب إِضَاءَة " زَادَ مُسْلِم فِي رِوَايَة أُخْرَى " ثُمَّ هُمْ بَعْد ذَلِكَ مَنَازِل " .

3006- Abu Hurayrah’s narration on the attributes of people of paradise is reported in two ways, and it has been mentioned in a third way, and would be presented in this chapter also, and part of this has also been mentioned in the attribute of Adam (AS) in a fourth way….

His statement: (Their image would be like the image of the full moon), that is, with respect to illumination, and this would be further explained in the chapter of “Mercy” with the statement “ there would be 70,000 Amongst my Ummah who would enter Jannah (paradise) with illuminated faces like that of the moon on the night of a full moon” and also the second narration here: and those after them would have illumination like the intensity of a star” and Muslim went further in another narration, “then after that, ِabodes/houses”

I don’t know that illumination is now related to skin color, and then if it is so, that means the Qur’an is also racist for saying the faces of the disbelievers would be black and those of the righteous would be white!

Allah (SWT) says the interpretation of the meaning:

On the Day when some faces will be (lit up with) white, and some faces will be (in the gloom of) black: To those whose faces will be black, (will be said): "Did ye reject Faith after accepting it? Taste then the penalty for rejecting Faith." (Qur’an 3:106, Yusuf Ali)

Mr AlBaqir, when Allah (SWT) says those going to hell, their faces would be turned into “black”; I guess that is a praiseworthy blackness and not a defect?! By the way, the same words “sa wa da” is used. Again this is said to happen on the Day of Judgment, whereby Allah (SWT) would look at nothing but the deeds of man, I now wonder the correlation with racism? A white man who would enter hell would have his face turned black, and a black man entering paradise would be illuminated, white and bright like that of a full Moon! I guess white men are as white as a full Moon Mr. AlBaqir! Not even forgetting the fact that in another narration, the intensity of your "whiteness" would have to do with your deeds!

Even if we agree (for the sake of irrelevant argument) that it is the skin color that is being referred to in the statement of the Sheikh, so a black man who would enter paradise would be turned to a white man, but his being black in the world did not have any effect on him from entering paradise in the first instance, so what is the big issue about changing your skin to white? Mind you, your age would also be changed; I guess that is discrimination too, because some people would want to claim elders in paradise abi?!

Is there any other statement of the Sheikh that you haven’t shared with us?

Please also note that your own narrations (presented here) as found in your books are quite glaring as being racist, and massively derogatory to black folks, it is quite appalling and I know there is no way you can defend them, other than reject them in totality. I’m sorry, but your books are not comparable to ours, neither is our religion based on excuses nor fabricated narrations…

3 Likes

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
^^
I trust you will try your best to twist and untwist the hadith. The comment under review is on the hadith of Abu Hurayrah who says:

# "Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure) . People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation".

How does Adam looks like (in appearance and figure) which will make everybody that will enter Jannah turned exactly like him before he can be allowed to enter Jannah? Remember according to Abu Hurairah, he gave us his length and width.

# If Quran says on that day " some faces (not skin) will be bright" and "some faces (not skin) will be dark". What does that mean? Its simply expression of "felicity and doomness" respectively. Even here on earth due to different circumstances, all human express "bright and red faces".

#Am afraid, all the stories you brought up doesn't add up. In fact according to your hadith the " black descendants " of Adam are destined for hell. And "white descendants" are destined for Paradise while at creation and the Lord says, "I do not care" on that selection.

# Any hadith or comment you see in shia book that promote racism which no doubt contradict Quran and the Sunnah of Nabi is 100% fabrication. The world await you to say the same with your hadiths rather than twisting what is untwist able.

3 Likes

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by sino(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^
I trust you will try your best to twist and untwist the hadith. The comment under review is on the hadith of Abu Hurayrah who says:

# "Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure) . People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation".
How could you say the comment under review is on the hadith, when you clearly also quoted that "This has already been explained before in the chapter on the attributes of Paradise." And I brought what the Sheikh intended from his own explanation in the same book! Na wa o!

AlBaqir:

How does Adam looks like which will make everybody that will enter Jannah turned exactly like him before he can be allowed to enter Jannah?
Adam (AS) is the first human, I am sure you know Allah (SWT) created him and his wife perfect, I guess it is now wrong for us all to return to such perfection after gaining Allah's pleasure.

AlBaqir:

# If Quran says on that day " some faces (not skin) will be bright" and "some faces (not skin) will be dark". What does that mean? Its simply expression of "felicity and doomness" respectively. Even here on earth due to different circumstances, all human express "bright and red faces".
How nice of you to indicate it wasn't skin Allah (SWT) was referring to, I would ask, I guess there is no skin on our faces, and perhaps it is ok if a racist call you black face?! I was also wondering where you got your translation of skin from the Sheikh's commentary, but anyway, the Sheikh had already made clarification by pointing us to another narration that captured what was intended, which was basically illumination and lack of it, as the case may be!

I forgot to even ask, how does a black man show bright and red faces?! or how does a black man show a dark face?!

AlBaqir:

#Am afraid, all the stories you brought up doesn't add up. In fact according to your hadith the " black descendants " of Adam are destined for hell. And "white descendants" are destined for Paradise while at creation and the Lord says, "I do not care" on that selection.

LOL, you seem desperate, bringing up the same issue that had already been put to rest. Why not rewrite the narration again, this time, write nigga descendants. I asked you a question on the thread where you were adequately refuted, are you as black as a charcoal a reference made in the narration in question?!

AlBaqir:

# Any hadith or comment you see in shia book that promote racism which no doubt contradict Quran and the Sunnah of Nabi is 100% fabrication. The world await you to say the same with your hadiths rather than twisting what is untwist able.

You do not have any authentic narration! I gave you a challenge in the other thread, I guess you are still doing your research grin...We have a process, we do not just reject narration on silly premises, and furthermore, our scholars are sound from the earliest to the modern, they carry out due diligence in authenticating narrations. It is not the job of any tom dick and harry to reject an hadith, when knowledge seems a strange phenomenon to such people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by Empiree: 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
sino:

Empiree, the reason nobody cared about the narration in the OP is because it is a Shi'a narration, they are the "baba isale" of fabrications, you would see how AlBaqir quickly provided a link to claim such narration that is derogatory to blacks can also be found in Sunni books of which he had been adequately refuted on the said thread.

All Shi'a narrations are from the infallibles, the Imams who knew everything, including science, the Shi'a claim they are the ones practicing the true Islam, unfortunately, their books which were authenticated by their earliest scholars, are filled with lies....If your books are filled with fabrications which were not detected by the past scholars, and were the basis of their theology, then on what foundation is your religion?!

If those men putting on yellow shoes were just laymen on the streets, I wouldn't have bothered much. But what a wonderful coincidence isn't it? A narration praising wearing yellow shoes, and then all of a sudden, you see Shi'a religious leaders putting on yellow shoes...With just some big gold chains, rings and sunshades, they could easily go as pimps...

Toor....you do have point. But for the fact that he is the only one wearing yellow shoes amongst others could mean coincidence Either way, me no sabi that kind ahadith from both "SuShia". The good news is those ahadith are statements of their scholars not divine statement of nabi(SAW)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Empiree:
Toor....you do have point. But for the fact that he is the only one wearing yellow shoes amongst others could mean coincidence Either way, me no sabi that kind ahadith from both "SuShia". The good news is those ahadith are statements of their scholars not divine statement of nabi(SAW)

You mind him?! The hadith is nonsense and it doesn't add up at all. There are lots of ahadith in both school that are fabrications but these guys never want to reason instead will rather twist. I can equally do that but its silly. When I brought up an hadith about permission to breastfeed an adult directly from a woman's breast (non-relatives), they all cried foul and his that the hadith is specific for the man involved in it. On the other hand some of their scholars say it is general. In Muwatta, there is practicalization of this hadith after the demise of Nabi.

# Really there are too too many fabrications in the books of ahadith.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by tintingz(m): 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

You mind him?! The hadith is nonsense and it doesn't add up at all. There are lots of ahadith in both school that are fabrications but these guys never want to reason instead will rather twist. I can equally do that but its silly. When I brought up an hadith about permission to breastfeed an adult directly from a woman's breast (non-relatives), they all cried foul and his that the hadith is specific for the man involved in it. On the other hand some of their scholars say it is general. In Muwatta, there is practicalization of this hadith after the demise of Nabi.

# Really there are too too many fabrications in the books of ahadith.
I like your ways of reasoning, for you to discard some of your shia hadiths narrations and you gave reasons why you discarded them shows you're not gullible like other Muslims.

Truly many Hadiths are really ridiculous, is it the sexual adventures of the Prophet(SA) in Hadiths or the barbaric and fairytales that looks like "Game of Thrones" or "Lord of the Rings" books.

And the funniest thing is that these set of Muslims are ready to defend these Hadiths, I use to defend all these fairytale-like Hadiths until I reason that some of these so called Hadiths does not even harmonize with the Quran, 90% of Muslims practice and beliefs are from Hadiths.

1 Like

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
tintingz:
I like your ways of reasoning, for you to discard some of your shia hadiths narrations and you gave reasons why you discarded them shows you're not gullible like other Muslims.

Truly many Hadiths are really ridiculous, is it the sexual adventures of the Prophet(SA) in Hadiths or the barbaric and fairytales that looks like "Game of Thrones" or "Lord of the Rings" books.

And the funniest thing is that these set of Muslims are ready to defend these Hadiths, I use to defend all these fairytale-like Hadiths until I reason that some of these so called Hadiths does not even harmonize with the Quran, 90% of Muslims practice and beliefs are from Hadiths.

Absolutely
Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by sino(m): 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
Empiree:

Yes it might have been a coincidence, and actually I did present another picture of another Shi'a leader, also putting on a yellow shoe. you are right that those narrations were never from the Prophet (SAW), and were also never from the ahl-l-bayt. It should be noted that the Shi'a hadiths are not from just ordinary scholars, they are said to be narrated from the supposed infallible Imams, since the Shi'as for the greater part of their history, believed these narrations to be the ultimate truth, my question to AlBaqir is, were those ayatollah and their followers of the past (the Shi'a of the past), misguided?! How and why were they not able to apply the "new" methodology of rejecting narrations, does this not cast a big doubt on their religion?! One other issue is that, you would never see AlBaqir quote any of their scholars who had rejected these narrations and called them fabrications, even to quote a modern day scholar, you no go see! Do Shi'as not have scholars of hadith?! I am still waiting for him to bring the scholars verdict on the narration in question...
Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
Trans-Saharan Slave Trade and Racism in the Arab World

"the Negro nations are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated
- (Ibn Khaldun, The Muqaddimah ).

https://ballandalus./2013/11/24/trans-saharan-slave-trade-and-racism-in-the-arab-world/

Empiree, tingtingz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by Empiree: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

"the Negro nations are, as a rule, submissive to slavery, because [Negroes] have little [that is essentially] human and have attributes that are quite similar to those of dumb animals, as we have stated

https://ballandalus./2013/11/24/trans-saharan-slave-trade-and-racism-in-the-arab-world/

Em.piree, tingti.ngz
there is no denying their race card EXACTLY just like white people. Islam only subdued them. And of course not all of them.
Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by tintingz(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

Empiree, tingtingz
Gods of Olympus. shocked shocked
Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 3:06am On Mar 30, 2017
BLACKS ARE ANIMAL AND WORTH LESS

Imam an-Nasai in his Sunan documents:

Chapter: Selling Animals for Animals of Different amounts or Quality, Hand to/Hand

It was narrated that Jabir Sair:

"A slave came and gave his pledge to the Messenger of Allah to emigrate, and the Prophet did not realize that he was a slave. Then his master came looking for him. The Prophet said; 'Sell him to me.' So he bought him for two black slaves, then he did not accept until he had asked; 'Is he a slave?'''

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
https://sunnah.com/nasai/44

# So, slaves are considered animals.

# Two Black slaves equal one white slave in worth and value.

# This mentality is obviously still retained in the Arab world especially among the ruling classes.

This hadith is graded "Sahih (authentic)" but its obviously against the slavery mentality the Prophet fought out and eradicated.

1 Like

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by sino(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2017
AlBaqir:
BLACKS ARE ANIMAL AND WORTH LESS

Imam an-Nasai in his Sunan documents:

Chapter: Selling Animals for Animals of Different amounts or Quality, Hand to/Hand

It was narrated that Jabir Sair:

"A slave came and gave his pledge to the Messenger of Allah to emigrate, and the Prophet did not realize that he was a slave. Then his master came looking for him. The Prophet said; 'Sell him to me.' So he bought him for two black slaves, then he did not accept until he had asked; 'Is he a slave?'''

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
https://sunnah.com/nasai/44

# So, slaves are considered animals.

# Two Black slaves equal one white slave in worth and value.

# This mentality is obviously still retained in the Arab world especially among the ruling classes.

This hadith is graded "Sahih (authentic)" but its obviously against the slavery mentality the Prophet fought out and eradicated.

Firstly, the translation of the above narration has an error in the concluding part, it ought to be "(The Prophet (SAW) ) never accepts the pledge of allegiance (becoming a Muslim) of anyone until he had asked "is he a slave?".

Secondly, the classification of the hadith under "selling animals for animals" does not mean that the author of the book believed that slaves were animals, nor the narration itself depict that slaves are animals in anyway. Although we know humans have always been classified as higher animals. But what is known is that Arabs, nay, the world back then were into buying and selling of slaves. And there were slaves with different skin colours too i.e not only blacks were slaves! And there were blacks who were not slaves too.

Thirdly, If one reads the narration, coupled with the proper translation I had presented, there is no where that you would find a white slave was exchanged for two black slaves, what you would read is that a slave who had become MUSLIM and wanted to emigrate with the Prophet (SAW) without the consent of his Master, was exchanged for two black slaves, apparently, these two black slaves were not Muslims. For it would make no sense since the reason for emigration in the first place was because of Islam! Again, the Prophet (SAW) also had slaves before he freed them, and slaves were also mentioned in the Qur'an. The eradication of slavery in Islam, instituted by Allah (SWT) and exemplified by the Prophet (SAW) and his companions (RA) was a gradual process.

Fourthly, at least we know that a black slave who became a Muslim (Bilal (RA) ) was also bought and paid for in GOLD by one of the highly reputable companion of the Prophet (SAW) Abu Bakr (RA) who also was the Prophet's Friend and Confidant, not to mention Father-In-Law! In fact, Abu Bakr (RA) was reported to have said he would have bought Bilal (RA) for more GOLD if the seller had asked... This clearly shows that buying of slave and emancipating them was never about skin colour! it has to do with ISLAM!

Finally, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to make unfounded claims of racism where there is none and seek to put down a narration clearly misinterpreted and misunderstood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 9:46am On Mar 30, 2017
^^

# Imam an-Nasai unfortunately is no more around to defend himself why he put such hadith on such alarming heading. Its very obvious that animal is different from man. That headline speak volume of his intention. May Allah forgive him if it was a mistake. And what a mistake it is (was)! With this headline and hadith, we infer that slaves generally were regarded as animals and African slaves are (more) worthless and of no value.

# If the man that was bought in exchange of two black men, (obviously African) is not white, then what is the essence of mentioning those two's skin color at all?

# There is no denying the slavery that African were subjected to then before the advent of Islam. And there is no denying the continuity of that slave-master mentality of the Arab oligarchy after the demise of Nabi. I believe such hadith is among many fabrications to justify superiority over blacks who are assumed to worth nothing.

# We have also reasoned that the content of that hadith is obviously against the Quran and what Nabi entirely fought for. Issue of Hazrat Bilal only add more reference to that fact. The hadith raises more question than answer it provide. Why would Nabi engage in such "animal to animal" trade when money or other properties could do as the case of Hazrat Bilal? These two "african slaves" had already been acquired by Nabi, he could change their lives for better than given them back to slavery?!
Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by sino(m): 11:01am On Mar 30, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^

# Imam an-Nasai unfortunately is no more around to defend himself why he put such hadith on such alarming heading. Its very obvious that animal is different from man. That headline speak volume of his intention. May Allah forgive him if it was a mistake. And what a mistake it is (was)! With this headline and hadith, we infer that slaves generally were regarded as animals and African slaves are (more) worthless and of no value.
Your inference is of no use and it is very wrong. The narration is quite specific for what had happened in the era when slaves were being traded, but I thought science would also classify humans as animals too right?!

AlBaqir:

# If the man that was bought in exchange of two black men, (obviously African) is not white, then what is the essence of mentioning those two's skin color at all?

But the narration did not tell us the skin colour of the slave in question, since this is the case, there is no need to jump into conclusion. Could the slave not also be black?! And he was called a slave! So what value does he have if he was still a slave, even if white?! Did the narration say he was bought because he was white or because he accepted Islam and wanted to migrate with the Prophet (SAW)?

AlBaqir:

# There is no denying the slavery that African were subjected to then before the advent of Islam. And there is no denying the continuity of that slave-master mentality of the Arab oligarchy after the demise of Nabi. I believe such hadith is among many fabrications to justify superiority over blacks who are assumed to worth nothing.

Please do not become ignorant because you want to falsify the narration in question. Even in the Qur'an, slaves are classified differently from freeborn, in terms of responsibilities, punishment, and even marriage. But it has nothing to do with skin colour! There is no hadith that justify superiority of skin colour, what we have is that which states otherwise! Again the above narration did not give superiority to any skin colour, rather it gave superiority to Islam.

AlBaqir:

# We have also reasoned that the content of that hadith is obviously against the Quran and what Nabi entirely fought for. Issue of Hazrat Bilal only add more reference to that fact. The hadith raises more question than answer it provide. Why would Nabi engage in such "animal to animal" trade when money or other properties could do as the case of Hazrat Bilal? These two "african slaves" had already been acquired by Nabi, he could change their lives for better than given them back to slavery?!

So if the owner had said he does not want money, then what should have happened?! Again another question for you, did the Prophet (SAW) not in one time have slaves?! Wasn't that slavery still?! And who says the two slaves were acquired by Nabi (SAW)? Couldn't it have been donated by other Muslims who had slaves?

The issue of Bilal (RA) only shows that skin colour was never the reason for emancipating slaves, and that the narration in question can only be understood from the perspective that those two black slaves were non Muslims.

Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'an:
"And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise." (Q 4:92)

Allah (SWT) placed emphasis on Muslim slaves, meaning there are non Muslims slaves too, and slavery still continued during the life of the Prophet (SAW) it was only systematically eradicated. Islam is not forced on anyone, even on a slave, so wouldn't it be a good bargain to exchange two non Muslims slaves, with a Muslim slave and free him?! emphasis on MUSLIM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by AlBaqir(m): 2:11am On Jun 25, 2017
Abiyamọ writes:

BLACKS MUST START ASKING QUESTIONS

I need to know why my ancestors were enslaved and sold like cattle for almost 2,000 years by foreigners especially by
the Arabs and Europeans

What was their offence? Why did they undergo such horrible level of brutality for so long?

Why were they treated like subhuman species? Why? Not everybody will swallow everything without questioning.

For almost 2,000 years now, blacks have been enslaved in EVERY CONTINENT of the world and it has NOT stopped.

Africa is the least developed place in the world and human life is almost worthless. It is so worthless that blacks now voluntarily risk their lives to trek across the Sahara and drown in the Mediterranean just to be willing slaves in Europe or America, something their ancestors refused to do.

I have been to other parts of the world and I know that what is in Africa is not proper. It is not normal. You cannot just
assume all of us will pretend as if nothing happened.

Something happened. A lot of evil happened to our ancestors and much of what we were brainwashed with as
kids are outright lies meant to keep the brains dead. So that is why questioning everything is important.

How did blacks get these foreign religions? How was Africa like before the slave traders came? What does the word
Africa mean? Who named it Africa? Why is Africa virtually the very last in everything reasonable in the world like human development, transparent governance, peace, economic prosperity, excellent healthcare, superb
educational system and very high life expectancy but number one in every useless thing like wars, diseases, unemployment, ignorance and poverty?

How were the Chinese able to lift 600 million people out of poverty in 15 years but Nigeria has not been able to lift even 50 million out of poverty since 1960? Why are our systems so painfully inefficient? What is the connection with history?

Why are blacks loyal and subservient to external powers and foreign myths that have not solved any of their
problems? Why is there no SINGLE SUCCESSFUL BLACK NATION ON EARTH even though blacks once ruled the
world? Why is there no single black superpower today? Why is Nigeria not a superpower despite all the resources?

So what really happened? The wise always learn from history. Everyone cannot remain delusional and ignore the horrific realities of what happened to our ancestors. You cannot enslave my family and expect me to see you as a saviour. I need to know, and that is the only thing that drives me. Anything else is irrelevant.
Re: Strange Reason Why Blacks Are Black by submit: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2017
AlBaqir:
Abiyamọ writes:

BLACKS MUST START ASKING QUESTIONS

I need to know why my ancestors were enslaved and sold like cattle for almost 2,000 years by foreigners especially by
the Arabs and Europeans

What was their offence? Why did they undergo such horrible level of brutality for so long?

Why were they treated like subhuman species? Why? Not everybody will swallow everything without questioning.

For almost 2,000 years now, blacks have been enslaved in EVERY CONTINENT of the world and it has NOT stopped.

Africa is the least developed place in the world and human life is almost worthless. It is so worthless that blacks now voluntarily risk their lives to trek across the Sahara and drown in the Mediterranean just to be willing slaves in Europe or America, something their ancestors refused to do.

I have been to other parts of the world and I know that what is in Africa is not proper. It is not normal. You cannot just
assume all of us will pretend as if nothing happened.

Something happened. A lot of evil happened to our ancestors and much of what we were brainwashed with as
kids are outright lies meant to keep the brains dead. So that is why questioning everything is important.

How did blacks get these foreign religions? How was Africa like before the slave traders came? What does the word
Africa mean? Who named it Africa? Why is Africa virtually the very last in everything reasonable in the world like human development, transparent governance, peace, economic prosperity, excellent healthcare, superb
educational system and very high life expectancy but number one in every useless thing like wars, diseases, unemployment, ignorance and poverty?

How were the Chinese able to lift 600 million people out of poverty in 15 years but Nigeria has not been able to lift even 50 million out of poverty since 1960? Why are our systems so painfully inefficient? What is the connection with history?

Why are blacks loyal and subservient to external powers and foreign myths that have not solved any of their
problems? Why is there no SINGLE SUCCESSFUL BLACK NATION ON EARTH even though blacks once ruled the
world? Why is there no single black superpower today? Why is Nigeria not a superpower despite all the resources?

So what really happened? The wise always learn from history. Everyone cannot remain delusional and ignore the horrific realities of what happened to our ancestors. You cannot enslave my family and expect me to see you as a saviour. I need to know, and that is the only thing that drives me. Anything else is irrelevant.

can

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason / Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) / When Muslims Were Tired Of Fighting, Allahh Said Peace Was Not An Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.