Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies (41091 Views)

Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Guys / 7 Most Used Words by Nigerians in 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by fF01(m): 10:43am On Jan 08, 2017
Stark7:
It's 'okay' in different forms. Some girls just kill chats with their one line/word replies.
Na fools dem b na.
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by fF01(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2017
No3 should be no1
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Rexnegro(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2017
Unionised:
Hmmm....
The most used word is OK or KK.
Because they are bereft of the art of small talk...
and also Because most of them they re brain dead
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by nathpope(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2017
Snd me card 2 Sub...
Not word... Bt words...
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by folasayolyn(f): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2017
let's translate.
whatever : not interested. thread carefully. caution craze about to be bursted open.

really: short of words. your stupudity amazes me. did you order for your brand of idiocy specially or you just come by it naturally

dohh : yes of course or do you need the angels to announce it to you with trumpets. it should be a no brainer

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by pseudonomer: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2017
Thepasserby:
Nigerian ladies are just too much and their creativity level is so good.
It is quite impossible to have a conversation with a Nigerian lady without hearing these words and phrases.

These words have ruined marriages, ended relationships and have even sent some to the hospital.

Here are 4 words Nigerian ladies are likely to use during a conversation.

1. Like seriously?
Why do they even ask this question and does it even have an answer? Well I guess maybe they use it as a warning sign or when they are interested in the conversation.

2. Whatever
When you hear this word, I will suggest you pocket the remaining words and end the conversation.
Whenever this word is uttered, trouble is not far away.

3. Really?
I can't even categorise this one. Perhaps you can help me out here.

4. Dorrh
No one knows the meaning of this word. I guess that's the power of Nigerian creativity.

Shout out to all the ladies in the house.

Culled from www.palmchatnow.com

whatever can be so annoying!

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Emescot(m): 11:24am On Jan 08, 2017
midehi2:
cheesy
See as u open all ur mouth, still i no see ur teeth grin iya arugbo
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by brandmix: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2017
Thepasserby:
It is quite impossible to have a conversation with a Nigerian lady without hearing these words and phrases.

These words have ruined marriages, ended relationships and have even sent some to the hospital.

1. Like seriously?
Why do they even ask this question and does it even have an answer? Well I guess maybe they use it as a warning sign or when they are interested in the conversation.

2. Whatever
When you hear this word, I will suggest you pocket the remaining words and end the conversation.

3. Really?

4. Dorrh
No one knows the meaning of this word. I guess that's the power of Nigerian creativity.

Not complete if "No" isn't there

They say no even when they mean yes..smh
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2017
donholy28:
We talking money here,you talking nonsense

You and who dey talk money here No be your mate dem dey do ponzi scheme?? My fri..end,,, kolchi..!!!
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Stark7: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
fF01:

Na fools dem b na.
Hahahaha...asin no decent conversation from their end.
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by MrWhaley: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
That "Whatever" irks me like mad.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Akalia(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
folasayolyn:
let's translate.
whatever : not interested. thread carefully. caution craze about to be bursted open.

really: short of words. your stupudity amazes me. did you order for your brand of idiocy specially or you just come by it naturally

dohh : yes of course or do you need the angels to announce it to you with trumpets. it should be a no brainer
translate what girls usually mean when they reply by writing "hmmm"?
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by fkdmods: 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Thepasserby:

1. Like seriously?

2. Whatever

3. Really?

4. Dorrh
No one knows the meaning of this word. I guess that's the power of [b]Nigerian creativity
[/b].

It is not a Nigerian "creativity" as you put it. It is an American slang for "you should know now" or "you are dumb". And it's spelt "Duh" not "Dorrh". Smh. Duh cheesy.
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by folasayolyn(f): 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Akalia:

don't know. I hate hmmmmm. I always ask anyone who sends me hmmmmm to explain

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by mickeymoore: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
I think the 'Dorrh' n 'Whatever' work together
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by femi4: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
olasaad:
I don't know
If u want
hello bea
you don't say

So touching

As in
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by tsalmjohn(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
How bout "na you knw"..😂😂😂
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Rtopzy(f): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
donholy28:
Those words are mainly used to make up for their lack of sense
Meanwhile...the day we catch an IDGAF member
Mehn!!! See finishing. Y did u type dat?
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Ezionye(f): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
Akalia:

Hmmm could mean she doesnt believe wat u said, is thinking bout it or is not sure wat to say. It cud also be a sign of mockery.
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Akalia(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ezionye:

Hmmm could mean she doesnt believe wat u said, is thinking bout it or is not sure wat to say. It cud also be a sign of mockery.
geez!
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by daxon001(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
Guys own is ACTUALLY. You see a youth pastor preaching and you hear ACTUALLY over 1001 times and you be like grin grin grin
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Thepasserby(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
daxon001:
Guys own is ACTUALLY. You see a youth pastor preaching and you hear ACTUALLY over 1001 times and you be like grin grin grin

thanks for the idea. Watch out for most used words by Nigerian guys shortly
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by sweettease(f): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
I use 'really?' cry i have even noticed it but I'm not ready to drop it now embarassed
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by drealj: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
K,my account no,really,where are u taking me to. thank u.
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Thepasserby(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Read 4 most used words by Nigerian guys here
www.nairaland.com/3561927/4-most-used-words-nigerian
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by 2LESS(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ezionye:

So how do I know the one she meant from the options you gave?
Just imagine a dictionary written by a woman?
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Ezionye(f): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
2LESS:

So how do I know the one she meant from the options you gave?
Just imagine a dictionary written by a woman?

cheesy

Use ur discretion. Many words or expressions in the dictionary have different meanings and are used in diff contexts.

For e.g, when u say ud die for her and she says hmmm, it means she knows you are lying cheesy
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by midehi2(f): 7:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Emescot:
See as u open all ur mouth, still i no see ur teeth grin iya arugbo
Baba arugbo cheesy
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by oomar69: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
you forgot to mention 'lit' this is d latest one for now
Re: 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies by Noblesoul123: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
psalmsjob:

Now you've nailed it. Thanks!
You are welcome bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos) / Nigerian Universities Academic Staff(teaching) Salary Structure / Russia University Hoisted Nigerian Flag To Honour Faith Ebunoluwa Ojedokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.