Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,652 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn (12761 Views)

China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud / 5 Smart Ways To Track Your Expenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by uboma(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
nickxtra:
I feel sad for this country. I just filled my 12.5kg gas cylinder @ 4,500 naira( it used to be 3500 naira as at October, 2016) in a gas station at Kubwa, Abuja. Kerosene is not even an option cos it sells for 350-400 naira per a bottle of beer.

the times are getting harder by the day...
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by basilo102: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
progress69:

Escobars

Read the article well and understand. PMB didn't place them in the category they are neither did the policy of using dollars to buy gas start under him..

U clowns just jump and make kindergarten comments after reading titles

but Buhari's economic illiteracy led to the skyrocketing of the dollar, dumb zombie. Did anybody complain of the category they were placed when exchange rate was stable??
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by progress69: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
basilo102:

but Buhari's economic illiteracy led to the skyrocketing of the dollar, dumb zombie. Did anybody complain of the category they were placed when exchange rate was stable??

I don't have time for myopic wailers.

Dillars was alread 245 in the black market before the ineffectual buffon left office. Oil was still over $60 then. Oil dived to as low as $28 afterwards, u expect the naira to remain at 245 ur silly god left?
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by Origin(f): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Please can any one enlightening us on the Nigerian gas value chain. Because I don't understand how dollar will be affecting gas produced in Nigeria such that its price would be more than in the global market.
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by laudate: 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
progress69:

Dillars was alread 245 in the black market before the ineffectual buffon left office. Oil was still over $60 then. Oil dived to as low as $28 afterwards, u expect the naira to remain at 245 ur silly god left?

So what is the solution now? The current exchange rate has driven the price of gas upwards and the cost has become a burden for manufacturers. Kindly provide a solution to the impasse! sad Thank you!
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by progress69: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
laudate:

So what is the solution now? The current exchange rate has driven the price of gas upwards and the cost has become a burden for manufacturers. Kindly provide a solution to the impasse! sad Thank you!

As long as we remain a mono economy, we will keep suffering the consequences of that. I honestly wish oil prices can remain low for a long period of time, cos as soon as it starts picking up, the Government will shift focus on diversification again and concentrate in oil (easy cheap money). Reccession looks like a blessing in disguise to me, every one have been prudent in spending and havr stopped living the cosmetic lives we were living before now.
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by laudate: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
progress69:
As long as we remain a mono economy, we will keep suffering the consequences of that. I honestly wish oil prices can remain low for a long period of time, cos as soon as it starts picking up, the Government will shift focus on diversification again and concentrate in oil (easy cheap money). Reccession looks like a blessing in disguise to me, every one have been prudent in spending and havr stopped living the cosmetic lives we were living before now.

Is this what you call a solution? shocked shocked The high price of gas being faced by the manufacturers should continue, until you stop being a mono product economy? In which year will this happen? Kindly enlighten us.

You have been asked for a concrete solution to the problems that manufacturers are facing now, due to high gas prices... and you can only recycle the puerile kindergarten lines that govt appointees trot out, whenever this issue comes up! sad God dey!

1 Like

Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by progress69: 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
laudate:

Is this what you call a solution? shocked shocked The high price of gas being faced by the manufacturers should continue, until you stop being a mono product economy? In which year will this happen? Kindly enlighten us.

You have been asked for a concrete solution to the problems that manufacturers are facing now, due to high gas prices... and you can only recycle the puerile kindergarten lines that govt appointees trot out, whenever this issue comes up! sad God dey!

What is this one saying? Do u know how i argue reasonably or u are just looking for something to self-service about?
The solutions were clearly stated in the article, i only stated the obvious. Naira will keep falling against the dollar as long as we solely rely on oil. What is the rocket science in that!
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by laudate: 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
progress69:
What is this one saying? Do u know how i argue reasonably or u are just looking for something to self-service about?
The solutions were clearly stated in the article, what else are u looking for. I responded to what u posted at first. If u dry find kids to whine, go find ur mate.
progress69:
The solutions were clearly stated in the article, i only stated the obvious. Naira will keep falling against the dollar as long as we solely rely on oil. What is the rocket science in that!

There were no solutions stated there. Read it again! sad
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by progress69: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
laudate:

There were no solutions stated there. Read it again! sad

Really?

The manufacturers listed the reversal of the policy on gas as one of the major catalysts that would make the sector rebound this year.

Adebayo said the government needed to remove manufacturers from the category of commercial consumers of gas and put them under strategic industrial sector category.

He said, “Globally, manufacturers are put under strategic industrial sector among gas consumers. We generate employment. We use the gas; we do not sell the gas. People that are selling gas are the ones that are supposed to be on the commercial category, not the people who are using the gas to produce goods for export.

Good night!
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by laudate: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2017
progress69:
Really?
Good night!

You were asked to provide a solution, not to make reference to an article. undecided Your own trite solution about diversification from a mono-product economy, will not address the immediate problem of high gas prices that the manufacturers are facing today. sad What year will that diversification happen, to have enough impact on the exchange rate?

Secondly, the article talks about reversal of policy without explaining the terms of that policy, and what kind of reversal should be made. Now, can you see your folly?
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by laudate: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2017
uboma:
the times are getting harder by the day...

May God deliver us! sad
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by tivta(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2017
Dropshot will never comment on this thread, political asslicker
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by jpphilips(m): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2017
progress69:

Does the person even understand the relationship between oil price and exchange rate?
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by progress69: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2017
jpphilips:

Does the person even understand the relationship between oil price and exchange rate?

Guess not. The dolt have been spamming my mentions ask silly questions. He can't even understand a simple post
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by progress69: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2017
laudate:

You were asked to provide a solution, not to make reference to an article. undecided Your own trite solution about diversification from a mono-product economy, will not address the immediate problem of high gas prices that the manufacturers are facing today. sad What year will that diversification happen, to have enough impact on the exchange rate?

Secondly, the article talks about reversal of policy without explaining the terms of that policy, and what kind of reversal should be made. Now, can you see your folly?

Smh. You need a higher level.of intelligence to understand things. U are confusing your self. Good day!
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by jpphilips(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2017
Origin:
Please can any one enlightening us on the Nigerian gas value chain. Because I don't understand how dollar will be affecting gas produced in Nigeria such that its price would be more than in the global market.

Gas investments are made in usd it makes no sense recouping the investment in naira that will take a life time.
The NOPL project cost Total and FG nearly $1b such investment can not be recouped in naira.

Before now, gas is produced as AG, associated gas meaning, once you make oil investments, gas comes alongside, that way you dont need a separate investment for gas as our needs grew, NIPP thermal power plants and other sundry needs, we started investing in NAG (Non associated gas) which is more expensive. it doesnt mean that if one goes through the NGC channel, you wont get at $2.50 per scf.

NGC is the subsidiary of NNPC tasked with gas production I guess the system over there is inefficient hence manufacturers bypass NGC to negotiate directly with our JV guys, when they get there, they negotiate based on exclusive right to kill off competition resulting in price increase.
Re: Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn by laudate: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2017
progress69:
Smh. You need a higher level.of intelligence to understand things. U are confusing your self. Good day!

You are the one who lacks intelligence. But it is ok. We all know that your ignorance is legendary!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Requirements For Expatriate Quota and Business permit In Nigeria. / Naira Hits N495/dollar As Forex Scarcity Lingers / Court Upholds CBN’s Regulation On Collection Of Customers’ Social Media Handles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.