Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

How To Make Plantain & Oatmeal Buns - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Make Plantain & Oatmeal Buns (774 Views)

Why Beans And Ripe Plantain Combination Is Called 'Delicious Poison' / How Mango, Banana, Plantain Cause Terminal Illnesses – Investigation / 9 Health Benefits Of Eating Oats And Oatmeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Plantain & Oatmeal Buns by Brightgem(f): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Healthy home made meals which save one from the many store bought junk food as well those from fast food chains are the way to go. So here is yours truly bringing you how to make Plantain & Oatmeal buns, this is my own recipe which I whisked all up and it worked just fine. This recipe is gluten free and lactose fee.

Be warned that I am terrible with measurements, I mostly gauge with my head. Apologies to people who are very meticulous about measurements.

WHAT YOU NEED

Two medium sized very ripe plantains ( this saves you throwing away plantain you may think is over ripe and useless)
One cup of finely ground oatmeal flour. Store bought or grinned at home.
Onions and other pepper if desired
One egg (not compulsory)
Oil for frying – preferably cold press oil that can stand high heat (always avoid hydrogenated oils)
A pinch of salt or seasoning cube if desired
A teaspoon of baking soda (baking powder could work too)
A blender and frying pan/pot

PROCEDURE

Blend the ripe plantains in a blender and pour in a bowl
Add the cup of finely ground oatmeal flour to the plantain along with the sliced onions, pepper, salt, egg, and baking soda.
Whisk together till smooth and fine.
Place oil in a frying pan or pot and put over fire
When oil is hot use a spoon to scoop pastry into oil.
Deep fry and turn to other side as it begins to turn brown.
Fry till all side is golden brown
Serve
I have written quite a number of articles as relates to junk food and their dangers. We all like to snack in between meals sometimes so its better at all times to find healthy alternatives. This recipe contains no sugar, its sweetness is derived from the ripe plantain, it contains no gluten which many people are intolerant to and avoid due to its many other negative health triggers. It is also fried in health friendly oil and oatmeal contains fiber which normal conventional flours lack. Fiber is health friendly too. Children will also love this.

Have a positive health attitude.

SOURCE - www.yourhealthattitude.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

SOS!!! Please Help Save The Life Of Gideon Akunne From Kidney Failure / Causes Of Low Sperm Count And Remedy / Buy Odoland Resistance Workout Band Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.