Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Find Yourself Your God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Find Yourself Your God (286 Views)

Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? / How Great Is Your God? / Why Is Your God Scared Of Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Find Yourself Your God by RCINC: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
I have this conversation with a lot of people so I might as well bare my mind.
My mum came back the other day, she had a good joke up her sleeves, it was told by a preacher on transit.
A chosen preacher, she claimed that all who wore earrings were deaf to god and those who had weaves and makeup were destined for hell. So a new joke was birth in our house, if we called you and you didn't respond we would ask if you had earrings on.
Not too long ago, I saw my younger brother reading a book by MINE teenage ministry, the title is - An ideal student, my brother is ten and a voracious reader, however I buy most of his book for my fear that he might be misled if I don't.
I scrutinized the book he was reading and immediately seized it. The book said thing like; don't hug a boy, shake hands always, tuck in your shirts. Don't wear trousers and tight clothes.
I'm not ready to have a ten year old go through such, never.
So I said simply to him that the book was inadequate.
Religion is a burden, it seems to get gruesome with each passing day, these are just my immediate experience but I have seen worse on the internet.
I have seen grown humans eat grass and drink gasoline
I have seen a woman whose "lack of faith" killed her after she was burdened with a heavy speaker by a pastor.
I have seen pregnant women getting kicked in the stomach
Men sowing their monies and destinies to fellow men.
Sheer display of idiocy and madness and all I ask is why?
It's true that a lot of people need something to guide them but it's also true that religion is ruled by fear.
Men and women are subjugated with religion
The fear of a god, a hell that may never exist, the fear of the curse of a fellow man
The fear of poverty so you give and give your all
The fear of condemnation so you stay in an awful marriage
The fear of demons so you overlook the beauty of life
The fear of everything a book and men tell you to fear that you miss god in his purest form and serve the idols of a mans mind.
So you cringe at the thought of a lake of fire and the eternity that will behold you, you go through life living out hell and then someday you die with restrictions with no adventure with no true moment of laughter, just the vague ones you gave to god to get his blessing just the ones coated with grieve you throw at your pastor on his pedestal
Nothingness and emptiness
And my question remains why?
It's 2017, if at all you will not resolve to quit your service to gods of men at least resolve to live to love.
To laugh genuinely
To throw a little caution to the wind and catch it in due time
Throw yourself a party
Run away, fly
Find your own god, grow
Take out time to just breathe.
Forget the rules and restrictions I'm sure there's a god somewhere in your soul
Find him.
xx

(1) (Reply)

Proud? / Securing The Path Way To Leadership / Knowing The Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.