Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / .. (887 Views)

Error Code P0303 Persist? How Do I Solve This / P0128 And P0420 Error Codes / Error Codes P0420 And P2423 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by bgmoey: 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
Re: .. by Coolgent(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Our professional mechanics may respond soon.
Gazzuzz
Honmusa over to u
Re: .. by honmusa(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
bgmoey:
Greetings to veryone on this forum.

I recently bought an 09 Accord, and after scanning it, i get a P0420 error code - Catalyst system below efficiency.

I got my panelbeater to open up the exhaust system, and saw that the catalysts are all gone. Car sounds louder (turbo sound) and consumes fuel. Highest i get is 17mpg. What would be the cost of changing the 2 catalyst, and i only noticed a single o2 sensor (back of engine), i always thought the car has an o2 sensor close to the catalyst system underneath. Pls advice.

I also hear there's an option of using an o2 spacer to fool the car, and get the error code off. What do you suggest, as i am trying to save cost.

Many thanks
Re: .. by honmusa(m): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
bgmoey:

I recently bought an 09 Accord, and after scanning it, i get a P0420 error code - Catalyst system below efficiency.

I got my panelbeater to open up the exhaust system, and saw that the catalysts are all gone. Car sounds louder (turbo sound) and consumes fuel. Highest i get is 17mpg. What would be the cost of changing the 2 catalyst, and i only noticed a single o2 sensor (back of engine), i always thought the car has an o2 sensor close to the catalyst system underneath. Pls advice.

I also hear there's an option of using an o2 spacer to fool the car, and get the error code off. What do you suggest, as i am trying to save cost.

Many thanks
From experience ,absence of catalyst doesn't really make such a significant impact in your fuel mileage ,the primary purpose of catalyst is filter out the dangerous and toxic emission and is compulsory in developed states where there are strict emission law.If you are mindful about cost ,use a spacer to remove the catalyst code and take your car to a professional diagnostician to diagnose your car for other issue that is responsible for the poor fuel mileage like faulty o2 sensor, stuck open thermostat,VTEC issue, open loop conditions etc .
But if you still want to change the 2 catalyst ,budget around 150k .
Re: .. by youngice(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
bgmoey:

Many thanks
Boss do you loses power randomly after cruising for a long time

1 Like

Re: .. by bgmoey: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thanks Bro. Can you recommend any professional auto mech to properly diagnose the car for me, and also fix the spacer. Preferably, if you're in lagos, i can bring the car to you to seek your expertise. Changing the catalyst - 150K, would not work for me right now. Kindly share your contact. Many thanks

honmusa:

From experience ,absence of catalyst doesn't really make such a significant impact in your fuel mileage ,the primary purpose of catalyst is filter out the dangerous and toxic emission and is compulsory in developed states where there are strict emission law.If you are mindful about cost ,use a spacer to remove the catalyst code and take your car to a professional diagnostician to diagnose your car for other issue that is responsible for the poor fuel mileage like faulty o2 sensor, stuck open thermostat,VTEC issue, open loop conditions etc .
But if you still want to change the 2 catalyst ,budget around 150k .
Re: .. by bgmoey: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thank you, but i haven't noticed any loss of power after cruising for a long time
youngice:

Boss do you loses power randomly after cruising for a long time
Re: .. by honmusa(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
bgmoey:
Thanks Bro. Can you recommend any professional auto mech to properly diagnose the car for me, and also fix the spacer. Preferably, if you're in lagos, i can bring the car to you to seek your expertise. Changing the catalyst - 150K, would not work for me right now. Kindly share your contact. Many thanks

My workshop is @ Charlie boy bus stop along Gbagada oshodi expressway ,call 08061166316

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Ancient BMW Car Which Costs N275million Only (photos) / Is Nissan's Reliability Comparable To Honda And Toyota? / Did You Know That “playboy” Was Named After A Car Company (full Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.