Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,513 members, 7,840,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Teen Dating Conversation By Stephen Ikhane Aka Aau Update To All Aau Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teen Dating Conversation By Stephen Ikhane Aka Aau Update To All Aau Students (385 Views)

AAU Students Hold Their Lecturers Hostage For Seizing Their Apple Watches Before / Comr. Stephen Ikhane, Pa The Dean Of Students Affairs, Aau / Happy Birthday Stephen Ikhane Aka AAU Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teen Dating Conversation By Stephen Ikhane Aka Aau Update To All Aau Students by Stephen6229(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
TEEN DATING CONVERSATION:
*By Stephen Ikhane*
HIM: Sir, I'm just over 19 years old, in 200 level. I love this girl which I am hoping to get married to, and we are just hanging around. Can't we date as teens?
ME: Teen dating is like a man who went to farm without a sharp instrument. Teen dating is like a woman who went out with rumpled clothes because she couldn't wait for her clothes to be ironed. Teen dating is a young man or woman who feels love, but is yet to define who he/she is, and what they want in life, and thus can't conclude who should be with him in life. Teen dating is hopping into the next available taxi, without knowing where its heading to, just because you want to get out of where you are. Teen dating is an invitation to misuse of time, focus, and misplaced priorities. Teen dating is doing a good thing at a wrong time.
HIM: But Sir, believe me, there will be no sex, no romance, and we both are Christians. Are you saying it is still a sin before God?
ME: It is beyond the issue of sin before God. It is a waste of purpose and priorities....at 20 years and year two, marriage should not be your focus....you are just hanging around aimlessness....even if there is no sex and no romance,...it is a distraction and a hindrance to discover your full potential.... and since the journey to marriage will still require another 5 to 7 years, either of two things will happen,.....either you will burn each other out for lack of intimacy,.....and you will cross into intimacy, and finally start having little kisses, romances and finally sex... either way, you would have wasted your time...
HIM: But Sir, don't you think teens should at least have an experience in order to know how to handle future relationships in the future?
ME: We don't get experience of how to avoid accidents by getting into an accident. We don't have to learn by the path of experience. People who wait to learn by experience come out with broken arms, broken legs, and broken hearts. Experience, is a bad teacher. We learn best by reading from books of people before us. Scripture says, the things that are written are done for our learning, that through READING, we might have hope. I don't have to contact Ebola, HIV and go to Hell on earth, before I know it's wrong. Please don't buy that fake lie. U need no such experience. Does a fish attend swimming classes? Please go through the path of wisdom.
HIM: Okay Sir, so what is this path of wisdom and how can I get prepared for marriage in the right way?
ME: The journey to a godly relationship that will lead to bliss is loaded in the principles of God's word. Before you allow your emotions to run into love, Bury your head into God's Word and get other useful materials that help channel you in the right path
HIM: Thank you Sir, I will do as you just counseled.
ME: May God empower you to sit down and read such strategic materials and invest wisely into your future. God bless you, and cause you to have an open heart to receive wisdom in Jesus name. Amen.
*#IStandWithStephenOkhane*
*Stephen Ikhane aka AAU Update*

(1) (Reply)

You Would Really Gain From This! / Which Professional Course Is Suitable For B.ed Graduates / Do You Want To Became A Proficient In Informatica Field? Join H2kinfosys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.