Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,419 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI (2088 Views)

Female Student Involved In An Accident At UNIBEN Main Gate Yesterday ​ / Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / The Situation In Uniben Main Gate Is Not Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by kosovo(m): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
I was at the founders day and the scene created by students was very entertaining.  grin Students brought home their demand on this occasion, barricaded the entrance to the school for five hours following the  refusal of the acting VC to address the student. NO body left or entered the AUDITORIUM. Security and police officers were overwhelmed with the crowd and were possibly handicapped. Thereafter some group of students under the umbrella NADESU, 'National Association of Delta state students' came in their multitude to welcome IBORI but met a standstill as the formal governors convoy was on standstill for almost 1 hour by the students under SUG,. After the two fraction clashed. the SUG president came with a plan, - to allow Ibori convoy enter the AUDITORIUM so the could use that medium to gain access to the Auditorium. to their surprise IBORI was already in the Auditorium. STudents entered the auditorium and all invited guest flee for their lives, taking over the Auditorium for about 30 minutes, all chanting various solidarity songs. The story contiunes. . .

update.. i wanted to upload some pic, but i have the MC corrupted,
IBORI made the statement before he started the lecture.
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by Beaf: 3:02am On Nov 24, 2009
kosovo:

I was at the founders day and the scene created by students was very entertaining.  grin Students brought home their demand on this occasion, barricaded the entrance to the school for five hours following the  refusal of the acting VC to address the student. NO body left or entered the AUDITORIUM. Security and police officers were overwhelmed with the crowd and were possibly handicapped. Thereafter some group of students under the umbrella NADESU, 'National Association of Delta state students' came in their multitude to welcome IBORI but met a standstill as the formal governors convoy was on standstill for almost 1 hour. After the two fraction clashed. the SUG president came with a plan, - to allow Ibori convoy enter the AUDITORIUM so the could use that medium to gain access to the Auditorium. to their surprise IBORI was already in the Auditorium. STudents entered the auditorium and all invited guest flee for their lives, taking over the Auditorium for about 30 minutes, all chanting various solidarity songs. The story contiunes. . .

Uniben will always be great. I wish other schools could be like this. No slacking.
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by sjeezy8: 3:52am On Nov 24, 2009
this guy has no shame at all
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 24, 2009
Praise the Lord. If this is true then this is the best christmas gift ever. Nigerians rising to say No to wrong. God Bless those students who did not just grumble and do nothing who made a point. Am so proud of them
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by smooooooth: 8:45am On Nov 24, 2009
Greateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest Uniben!! i know they never slack. Ibori shld go and sit dow, we dont need thieves to come and give us any lecture on how not to steal. idiot!!!!! angry
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by saintneo(m): 9:27am On Nov 24, 2009
ils sont super, j'adore ca.

this's super, i love this.

students will forever stand up against ignominy, however i wish to know if this can grow into the non-students. also, will d students keep their aluta going even after graduation.
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by kosovo(m): 9:49am On Nov 24, 2009
saintneo:

ils sont super, j'adore ca.

this's super, i love this.

students will forever stand up against ignominy, however i wish to know if this can grow into the non-students. also, will d students keep their aluta going even after graduation.
  it seems you did not get my point, STUDENTS were of various group fighting for different agenda, Some came wearing white and black to welcome IBORI, others were protesting the unlawful increment in school fees including 13 other issues (main group under the leadership of the SUG president), others - non payment of IT funds for the past 2 years, while money has been sent by federal Govt. Thereafter the two groups formed a formidable force against the IBORI supporters. RAW cash was actually given to the supporters after the program and shared amongst themselves.
more?
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by bibiking1(m): 10:16am On Nov 24, 2009
In recent times i have found some reason to be disgruntled against the denizens of my alma mata, but this news soothes my soul like balm does for the muscles!
I am at peace, and can only imagine myself amongst those gallant students chanting songs of solidarity!
I am briefly drawn to that cold night a couple of years back when with jubilant sounds we staged that uprising against the defective policies of Prof. Ikhatua the then dean of students!
I remember vividly for it was my first real act in despise of my rather calm self!!!
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by nex(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2009
I really don't know what you all are celebrating here. University of Benin invited Ibori of all people as a Guest of Honour or some rubbish like that. Is that not already corruption of the highest order? Students could not protest against this all these weeks.

When the Founders' Day finally started, some stupid lobbyists and cultists were fooling themselves all in the name of protest. Now ask me what they were protesting. Complete shambolism. They didn't even know what they were protesting. Some said they raped some girls on campus, some said they won't pay the late registration penalty fee, some said they won't pay the charges for Entrepreneurship Project (CED), Some said there was poor electricity supply. 1 million voices from about a hundred mouths.

They were not protesting against Ibori, but more of appealing to him to come to the aid of students. i was on my way to the Exams and Records when I encountered the miscreants and beggars. Even the security men left their posts to sing praises of ibori, at which point he slapped them on the cheek with N1000 each. I'm not saying hearsay. I was there myself.

The picture below was taken by me later that evening returning from town. UNIBEN students didn't do anything worthy of mention. They just almost got the school closed till January. Dem jus' no wan read book.

Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by aieromon(m): 11:52am On Nov 24, 2009
kosovo:

it seems you did not get my point, STUDENTS were of various group fighting for different agenda, Some came wearing white and black to welcome IBORI, others were protesting the unlawful increment in school fees including 13 other issues (main group under the leadership of the SUG president), others - non payment of IT funds for the past 2 years, while money has been sent by federal Govt. Thereafter the two groups formed a formidable force against the IBORI supporters. RAW cash was actually given to the supporters after the program and shared amongst themselves.
more?

I was told this was the main reason for the protest.
Anyways sha,we can't carry last.I'm glad no violence was recorded.
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by SapeleGuy: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2009
Kosovo, e be like say your cinema different from Nex, Why you no use camera phone take your own pishure?
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by citizenY(m): 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
Me I no understand, de man show?
E give d lecture?
Thats all
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by SapeleGuy: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
citizenY:

Me I no understand, de man show?
E give d lecture?
Thats all

De man showed, lectured and left. Combined with Nex's comments, e be like say notin dey happen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/24/n-delta-ibori-seeks-fiscal-federalism/comment-page-1/
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by kosovo(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2009
NEX is a noise maker. he only wants to make this topic controversial.   
  the SUG government made it clear that they were not protesting against IBORI, they only used that avenue to drive home their demands, since all negotiation with management has meant a deadlock.
    yes IBORI came and gave the lecture, but it took the effort of the students most preferred, THE FORMAL DEAN OF STUDENTS to calm the situation. i took pics but my Memory card got corrupted, i dont know how it happened,   to cut the story short NEX just wants to talk. simple . . . . cheesy

That pic was taken around 5 or 6 pm when eveyone had left, the protest started 8am and ended around 4,
so dont get me wrong, i said they were various fractions right from when i created this trend, GO! back and read again,
Re: UNIBEN Main Gate Shut By Students But I Can Enter Without The Main Gate. - IBORI by SapeleGuy: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2009
^^^Bros, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to clarify who the protest was against and you have answered that loud and clear.

(1) (Reply)

Riots As Student Is Shot By Police. / 2016/2017 Federal Polytechnic Ede Admission Thread / Kabba College of Agriculture Admission 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.