Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

C.ronaldo Digs Messi And Barcelona After Collecting His FIFA Trophy On Stage - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / C.ronaldo Digs Messi And Barcelona After Collecting His FIFA Trophy On Stage (843 Views)

Moment Messi Received His FIFA Men's Player Award. See Van Dijk's Reaction / Brazil Edge Peru To Lift Trophy On Home Soil / Liverpool Players Having Fun With Trophy On Their Flight Back From Madrid (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C.ronaldo Digs Messi And Barcelona After Collecting His FIFA Trophy On Stage by Ipisi(m): 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ronaldo takes a sly dig at Messi and Barcelona after collecting FIFA's inaugural Best player of the year award

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the best men's player at the inaugural Best FIFA Football Awards. It was his success in the two big tournaments (UEFA Champions League Cup and Euro 2016 Cup) of the year that ultimately saw him claim the prize ahead of his rivals

31-year-old couldn't resist a sly dig at Barcelona and arch rival Messi after collecting his trophy on stage and he said: 'I am sorry that some people from Barcelona aren't here with us... but that is understandable'.
He added: 'It's incredible, it's not the first time but it's the first of this. First and foremost I must thank my team-mates of Real Madrid and the coach. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I've also got to thank my family, my brothers, my mum, my whole staff 100 per cent for everything they've given me.
'2016 was the best year of my career. I had a lot of doubts but at the end I think the trophies speak for themselves. I achieved the best I could in the competitions and after I won what I did.'

Messi, who did not attend FIFA's The Best ceremony in Zurich, Switzerland due to Barcelona commitments, and Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann were both pipped to the award by the Portugal captain.

There were no Barcelona players at the ceremony in Zurich — they remained in Spain to focus on Copa del Rey game against Athletic Bilbao

Atletico Nacional was given FIFA Fair Play Award for handing Copa Sudamericana title to Chapecoense after tragic plane crash in Colombia.

http://www.abz-sports.com/2017/01/ronaldo-wins-fifas-inaugural-best.html

cc Lalasticlala

OAM4J, Mynd44

honeric01, semid4lyfe

Re: C.ronaldo Digs Messi And Barcelona After Collecting His FIFA Trophy On Stage by ikp120(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
The day I go catch Ronaldo eh angry
Re: C.ronaldo Digs Messi And Barcelona After Collecting His FIFA Trophy On Stage by Elkay3: 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
ikp120:
The day I go catch Ronaldo eh angry

No beat am abeg. I know say him borrow ur boots n no return am. But chill, forgive am.
Re: C.ronaldo Digs Messi And Barcelona After Collecting His FIFA Trophy On Stage by ikp120(m): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
Elkay3:

No beat am abeg. I know say him borrow ur boots n no return am. But chill, forgive am.

Lolzzz grin grin grin

I no go beat am o. I go just collect that his Bugatti grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid And Barcelona Rank Top 2 Club In The World -- Clubworldranking (see / Project 1.60 Odds Trial / Reason Why Arsenal Needs Alexi Sanchez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.