Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Mentoring Your Son On The Path Way To Fatherhood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mentoring Your Son On The Path Way To Fatherhood (380 Views)

Purity - The Path To Eternity / I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism / Securing The Path Way To Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mentoring Your Son On The Path Way To Fatherhood by Thentrance1: 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
We have discussed on REFLECTING THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD we advice that you click on the topic to read just the way it appears on this article. We are aware that the role of father is very important in every children's life. The absence of fathers in home has cause a lot of problems for the children especially the males, they have found no good example to relate with. They have seen no one to follow and to look up to so that they can receive instructions, guidance and be taught on the path to fatherhood. We need fathers back in the homes so that they can mentor their children on the path to fatherhood because they will soon become one. We understand by the word of God that God is our Father and that God represents Himself more to Jesus as a good Father and that's why we always see Jesus talking about His Father.

Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before MY FATHER which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of MY FATHER which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

I've come to understand that children hardly make mention of their fathers especially when they are the type that do wrong always, even if they will mention their fathers, they will always tell of their bad. But for the case of Jesus He always refer to God as His Father.

HOW TO MENTOR OUR SONS INTO FATHERHOOD

Be the very example before them

We see Jesus saying that the reason He is working is because He sees the Father working. Jesus has learn to do what the Father is doing.

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

We see that to mentor our children we need to be the example to them. Children actually love to do what their parents do before them and before this can happen there must have been a relationship between them.
Bear witness of your son
Fathers need to mentor their children so much that they can attest to their children that they are like them. We see Jesus saying that God bear witness of Him and that's very important
John 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

John 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

The truth is, you can not bear witness of a child you did not have time for and you never mentored or displayed good fatherhood before. We see Paul saying something on how he discipled Timothy

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

The reason for mentoring your son is so that he can also mentor his children and when that it done then you're a good father

Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

* Be a life giver
You mentor your son by the life of God that you have, when as a father you study and pray before your son by that you're impacting that grace to your son. Children learn by sight. We must learn to be life giving fathers in prayers, in the word and in our conduct. We saw the Father given life to the Son like He has in Himself

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Some children has lost life in themselves because fathers have not properly mentored their children on the pathway to fatherhood. We can give them life again.
Make your son your friend by showing him secrets
Proper mentoring lies in showing secrets, until you show the secret of your success to your children you have not properly mentored them. Your children must be your friends that you reveal secrets to, especially the secret of your prosperity, how you made it so far and early, your walk with God how you got to love the Lord and the scriptures. Servants hardly know secrets in the home it takes a father that has taken his children as friends to reveal secrets to them

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

The truth is the continuity of what you have will only exist when you learn to tell the secret of your success or walk with God with your children. We will be good fathers indeed when we learn the fatherhood of God. As fathers we need to mentor our sons to fatherhood so that the life we have in Christ and our abilities can span through in life by them.

Source:
http://www.thentrance.com/mentoring-your-son-on-the-path-to-fatherhood/

(1) (Reply)

The Beauties Of Yaomul Jumah (friday) / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / The Punishment For Your Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.