Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

What Will You Say Of The Lord? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Say Of The Lord? (392 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses: Are You The Servants Of Your Fathers, As You Say Jesus Was? / The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Say Of The Lord? by Thentrance1: 1:58am On Jan 10, 2017
"When a believer pray to God, he does not have unreachable access with God when faith is involved through what He says of the Lord"

Before praying to God we understand why we want to pray to Him. We must understand what we want to do in prayers by knowing that we want to say words to the Lord but we need to ask ourselves "what can I say of the Lord?" what you say of the Lord will tell if you understand what you're doing by coming to God in prayers. But what does the Psalmist says?

Psalms 91:2 I WILL SAY OF THE LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

"What you say of the Lord is a true revelation of Who the Lord is to you"

The Psalmist say, "I will say of the Lord..." what can you say of the LORD? This question must cross deep in our hearts before we take to prayers because what you say of a person must come under the guide of a knowing. What do you know of the Lord?

"What you know of the Lord will determine what you will say of the Lord"

We must understand that what we know of someone will determine how we deal with the person. You can not talk much of a stranger than a man that lives with the stranger. In fact a stranger is a stranger because he is so, but those that know him knows that he is not a stranger. What can you say of the Lord? The true revelation of what we know of the Lord will tell how we respond to situations. When a man his cheated by some men for example and he understands that he has a strong lawyer, what he does is that he will need to remember that he has a strong lawyer that does not lose a case then with boldness he dares to call him for help. So it is with God.

"What we know of the Lord will secure how we deal with Him in prayers and how we fellowship with Him"

So the Psalmist says I WAY SAY OF THE LORD

1.He is my refuge
Refuge talks about shelter. This tells me that He understood that the Lord is enough to house Him and remember that Jesus houses the Godhead bodily and also that we are saved by running into the tower of the Lord which is His name. Tower is a building.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

"Safety lies in being under God"

He says "I'll say of the Lord, He is my refuge" meaning He is the one that shelters me in the time of storm even before storm am always found there. You don't just run to God because of storm, you must have known where you're running to before storm. That's what David will say of the Lord.

2.He is my fortress
Fortress is a place protected against attack. So see the link you come under the shelter of the Lord and then you're sure of no attack because you'll be fully guided. No wonder his son wrote that the name of the Lord is a strong tower and that safety lies in that tower of His name. So David was actually saying God is my shelter and in Him I can not come under attack because His eyes are upon me.
[b]
1 Peter 3:12 FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE OVER THE RIGHTEOUS, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.[/b]

"God is not just enough to house us, He is also able to keep us fully secured"

Then you understand when he said evil can never come near us.

Psalms 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but IT SHALL NOT COME NIGH THEE.

One important thing that David said he will say of the Lord again is that

3. My God
You see, you must learn to personalize God even when others choose to deny Him. You must learn to stand by His name and take up to Him alone and say "My God!"

"Some things must become so personal before it can become so general"

My God! He is my God, can you say that for some seconds, "MY GOD!" when the revelation of who God is dawn on us, we will understand how to take Him so personal. That's why Paul was saying that I may know Him

Philippians 3:10 THAT I MAY KNOW HIM, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

"It is the measure of our identity in Him and with Him that determines what we can say of Him"

Lastly, he said

4. In Him will I trust
When God has become so personal with you and you know Him and then we know Him as a church we will definitely trust Him. We will trust Him because He is our God, we must have all the available right to call Him
"Our God!" and that will follow that you know Him and trust Him.

"Trust is the true reflection of a KNOWING"

When we know God truly we will trust Him. Our hearts must be ready to say of the Lord "My God, in Him will I trust!" we must change what we say of the Lord "Oh God is too slow!" or "Kai! God does not answer prayers" but I'll say of the Lord my God in Him will I trust!

"Doubt in God is our shallow understanding of Him, when we know Him will dare to believe Him"

Now what will you say of the Lord?

Source: http://www.thentrance.com/what-will-you-say-of-the-lord/
Re: What Will You Say Of The Lord? by bigdrey(m): 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

I Stand With Apostle Suleman / Result-producing Prayers / Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.