Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship (62207 Views)

2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by optional1(f): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
samwise99:

Lets wait for the acceptance speech na

acceptance speech is Udi Eze aka exeO online.
I got work this morning

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by samwise99(m): 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Phi001:

See as she's a beauty combined with brains.

Sorry, excuse me miss. Can we be study partners? cheesy

Study partner ke......

We don't need distraction
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Odunharry(m): 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
CONGRATULATIONS TO Mr. UDI ESE.

You have won N100,000.

Provide account details. Wire transfer will be initiated on Wednesday 01/18/2017.

You should get the alert on or before Thursday.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

\

Kudos... exe0 send him a pm
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Phi001(m): 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
samwise99:

Study partner ke......

We don't need distraction
We ke?

Stop that play ooo
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by samwise99(m): 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
optional1:

acceptance speech is Udi Eze aka exeO online.

I got work this morning

Aiit
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Damoxy(m): 12:00am On Jan 16, 2017
make u guys share d 100k btw other runners up naw
u guyz did a good Job,we nid more pple lik u guyz in dz country not d likes of Ajimobi
Cc Xfire Odunharry InvertedHammer

make person just send me 5k it will do me to buy provisions for dz semester at least for a month

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by dejt4u(m): 12:00am On Jan 16, 2017
xfire:
Winner: exe0

1st Runner up: Redder97

2nd Runner up: Adeolakk

4th Position: teemanbastos

5th Position: Priska02

Congratulations! Please PM me immediately for your cash prizes. Once you receive your alert, please confirm on this thread.

We are open to more feedbacks.....

Thank you all folks...that will be all from me till tomorrow.

God bless everyone.
congrats to the winners.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Donpre(m): 12:00am On Jan 16, 2017
Medicos rule!!!!!

Highest scorers in jamb, cleanest Waec results, Now dusting this competition

congrats! exe0.... Nice job

good one xfire, the organizers and other contributors

2 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by samwise99(m): 12:01am On Jan 16, 2017
Phi001:

We ke?

Stop that play ooo

I mean am oo

The "WE" is capitalized o
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by optional1(f): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2017
Ariel20:
A big congrats to exe0 but come to think of it, it looks like the social sciences students didn't participate.

Fashion has take over we the social science students we now believe in fast money...

But we promise to participate in the next edition..
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Phi001(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2017
Donpre:
Medicos rule!!!!!

Highest scorers in jamb, cleanest Waec results, Now dusting this competition

congrats! exe0.... Nice job

good one xfire, the organizers and other contributors
When una go dey read till glasses take over... How won't book full your head?
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Redder97(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=xfire post=52841428]Winner: exe0

1st Runner up: Redder97

2nd Runner up: Adeolakk

4th Position: teemanbastos

5th Position: Priska02

Congratulations! Please PM me immediately for your cash prizes. Once you receive your alert, please confirm on this thread.

We are open to more feedbacks.....

Thank you all folks...that will be all from me till tomorrow.

God bless everyone.
[/quote

Really appreciate this wonderful opportunity and your initiative.
Higher you I pray XFIRE.
Thank you dej4u,odunharry, ariel02 and inv. hammer.
Congratulations exe0
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by optional1(f): 12:05am On Jan 16, 2017
Odunharry:
Kudos... exe send him a pm

I fit send pm join his own.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nelsizzy(m): 12:05am On Jan 16, 2017
Ariel20:
A big congrats to exe0 but come to think of it, it looks like the social sciences students didn't participate.
I m a social scientist

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Phi001(m): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2017
samwise99:

I mean am oo

The "WE" is capitalized o
Priska02, can you confirm or deny this information?

Even if it's true, surely, a third person can always be added, right? wink
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Ksslib(m): 12:17am On Jan 16, 2017
xfire:

lol.....just because you couldn't finish does not mean others can not finish...Stop gauging other people's abilities within the limit of your own ability.

Instead, improve on yourself......Just a word of encouragement.
xfire, syop. One of the reasons I decided to stop pointing out the obvious flaws the competition had cos I knew I was either going to be tagged a hater or "untelligent". Didn't you ask for people's suggestions? So, it's only right you allow them do just that without the need to question their abilities.

I personally, have told you time and time again of how refreshing and heartwarming this initiative of yours is, but that will not stop me from saying the truth : the modus operandi of this competition was SERIOUSLY riddled with flaws.

What that guy said is correct, spot on. How can you set the-same set of questions for everyone, allow the-same set of students to write at different times and still expect a level playing field?

I couldn't relay the competition to my coursemates on time, else the scores you would have seen would definitely have given you a rude awakening. People cheated with machineries, Google search, multiple accounts, team work. I hope next year's edition will be better, with more original questions and not something a few search buttons away - that way we'll know who the TRULY smart ones are.

Took me few secs - and i mean verrrrry few - to bring out some of your questions from Google search, word for word. See screenshots below.

Goodluck to the winners. Whichever way, you guys deserved it.

5 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Odunharry(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2017
optional1:

I fit send pm join his own.
Lol.. Maybe
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by MoyoGENERAL: 12:24am On Jan 16, 2017
Elliotwiz1:
two persons from the same level, department and school? they registered three accounts for the competition, used the first one to answer the questions and solve them together with friends and then later logged in their own accounts and comfortably marked the right options all the way. this was possible because the time for starting the exam was 1 hour and the exam lasted 35 minutes. I partook in this exam and its impossible to make all those calculations without any assistance and still finish... those that took the exam would understand.

I would have love to turn a blind eye to this, but i wont! Your assertions might be very correct, I don't doubt it, cos most online job aptitude tests nowadays are conducted for people and guys use multiple accounts to first get the questions before taking their own real tests which of course they must ace not to mention the "copy-paste-via google-and -get-root-source-of-question-scope-with-answers"! Notwithstanding, we still have some guys who wouldn't do such and still perform excellently in such test. I really wish i saw the questions to ascertain the possibility of finishing the questions within the stipulated time frame, but I am sure Xfire would have done his homework to ensure such is taken into full cognizance. Mind you scholarship tests are more tuned towards testing of speed and accuracy so i wont still be puzzled if limited time was given to solve the questions.

Having established this, coming to your claims, you should also know it is possible for those guys to perform excellently well without the employing the means as stated by you above. (e.g the then Mobil undergraduate scholarship demanded us to solve 50 machine coupling questions in 15 minutes, and some of us still finished on time and aced it). I know and have friends that are pros in aptitude tests, they dont use calcs, their numerical solving speed is very high! So also, i believe there are thousands of guys out there who possesses such feat! What exclude the OAU guys from being among! They might! and your assertion might be wrong!

Anyway xfire please do note this against subsequent editions. Now young man, you have tried your best and you couldn't make it to top 5! It shouldn't deter you from believing in yourself. There are other scholarships up for grabs. Continue to give them your best shots and surely you won't regret it at the end.

Finally, Kudos to Xfire for giving back and stimulating the young chaps to achieve academic excellence. You have successfully challenged common minds to tread such legendary path. I commend your effort!

3 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by exe0(m): 12:29am On Jan 16, 2017
xfire:
The winner of the maiden edition of the Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition is a 400 level Medicine and Surgery student of the University of Benin. He had an impressive score of 90%

He is

exe0

He is Udi Ese

CONGRATULATIONS

You have won a guaranteed sum of N70, 000 (N60,000 from me, N10, 0000 from Ariel20). In addition, InvertedHammer pledged a sum of N100, 000 for the winner.

@InvertedHammer, exe0 (Real name Udi Ese) is the winner of the competition. You can redeem your pledge of N100,000 to him.

exe0, you may give your acceptance/appreciation speech.

cc dejt4u, Odunharry, lalasticlala, Seun, fynestboi, oluwalebabs, Richiez, Ariel20

16/01/2017
00:21

I want to thank God Almighty for the privilege to witness this great day.
I also want to appreciate the Cordinators(Xfire,Odunharry and dej4u) of this scholarship scheme.
Finally,I accept the award and promise to utilize the funds in good faith.
Thank you and God bless.

Udi Ese

10 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 16, 2017
exe0:

16/01/2017
00:21

I want to thank God Almighty for the privilege to witness this great day.
I also want to appreciate the Cordinators(Xfire,Odunharry and dej4u) of this scholarship scheme.
Finally,I accept the award and promise to utilize the funds in good faith.
Thank you and God bless.

Udi Ese

Is that all you've got to say? Smh!
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by gentleman100(m): 12:45am On Jan 16, 2017
Winnelyn(f) hello... Can we be friends?
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Elparaiso(m): 1:12am On Jan 16, 2017
Vanceastro:

Mr head way dey shake.

Wetin he suppose talk?
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by MrWhaley: 1:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Vanceastro:

What else were you expecting? He should also thank Buhari and all his Ministers?

Or serve us with a long speech riddled with unnecessary metaphors and anecdotes?
Please! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by siralexis(m): 1:34am On Jan 16, 2017
Please when is the next episode?? wink
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by mojeed4(m): 1:42am On Jan 16, 2017
Haaa! Lost by 2% cry So priska02 nailed the 5th position ehn, thought you said it wasn't enough to get you there. You can share with me for not making it a tie ehn grin
Kudos to you xfire for bringing up the competition and to the organizers dejt4u and odunharry. Abeg if you can also help us with some consolation prizes ehn.. E b like say I go wan dey top 8 at least na... 75% aint easy.

Congrats to all the winners though. You all deserve it. So sad I won't be eligible next year.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 16, 2017
Right from time, social science students always find it hard to perform very well in a quiz competition. However, when we are talking about debate, they will always rule.
Ariel20:
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 6:10am On Jan 16, 2017
mojeed4:

Congrats to all the winners though. You all deserve it. So sad I won't be eligible next year.

Wait till then. Final year students might be considered in the subsequent editions.

75% is a solid score. Well done!

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Odunharry(m): 6:16am On Jan 16, 2017
Congratulations to all participants. Everyone of you are all Winners and you all did well even though some performed well than the others.
I really believe in you guys and i just want to say, Go achieve what you want to achieve.
Wish all participants the best in their academic endeavors.

Xfire, Seun, lalasticlala, InvertedHammer, ariel20, Richiez ,Dejt4u and all those who made suggestions, I am saying ,Thank you..
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Odunharry(m): 6:21am On Jan 16, 2017
ProfTea18. professor of chemistry
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Odunharry(m): 6:24am On Jan 16, 2017
Tiny23 i kn that feeling
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 16, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:

I would have love to turn a blind eye to this, but i wont! Your assertions might be very correct, I don't doubt it, cos most online job aptitude tests nowadays are conducted for people and guys use multiple accounts to first get the questions before taking their own real tests which of course they must ace not to mention the "copy-paste-via google-and -get-root-source-of-question-scope-with-answers"! Notwithstanding, we still have some guys who wouldn't do such and still perform excellently in such test. I really wish i saw the questions to ascertain the possibility of finishing the questions within the stipulated time frame, but I am sure Xfire would have done his homework to ensure such is taken into full cognizance. Mind you scholarship tests are more tuned towards testing of speed and accuracy so i wont still be puzzled if limited time was given to solve the questions.

Having established this, coming to your claims, you should also know it is possible for those guys to perform excellently well without the employing the means as stated by you above. (e.g the then Mobil undergraduate scholarship demanded us to solve 50 machine coupling questions in 15 minutes, and some of us still finished on time and aced it). I know and have friends that are pros in aptitude tests, they dont use calcs, their numerical solving speed is very high! So also, i believe there are thousands of guys out there who possesses such feat! What exclude the OAU guys from being among! They might! and your assertion might be wrong!

Anyway xfire please do note this against subsequent editions. Now young man, you have tried your best and you couldn't make it to top 5! It shouldn't deter you from believing in yourself. There are other scholarships up for grabs. Continue to give them your best shots and surely you won't regret it at the end.

Finally, Kudos to Xfire for giving back and stimulating the young chaps to achieve academic excellence. You have successfully challenged common minds to thread such legendary path. I commend your effort!
Lol, even a thousand falls can't put a scratch on my self confidence, besides I'm an awardee of 2 scholarships and they are both worth more than double of what is given here, lol. I've written several scholarship exams so I'm not a beginner in this and not new to the tricks the presumed 'smart' people use. 60 questions in 35 minutes plus questions involving some calculations, lol. I wish you wrote the test yourself you would have understood what I meant even without elaboration. but its all good.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by jodavid(m): 6:34am On Jan 16, 2017
Big hug to the winners! Hearty Congrats.

To us that didnt win, xfire has promised its going to hold annually. Our time will come.
As for me, I am going to win xfire b4 i graduate. #faith

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply)

I Regretted Going To University / Olagunju Funke Iyabo LAUTECH Professor Making Waves In Africa [photos] / See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.