Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! (31050 Views)

Lagos To Partner With Recruitment Agencies To Bridge Unemployment Gap / Front Desk Officer Recruitment In A Leading Commercial Bank / How To Shake Hands When A Recruiter Asks For A Handshake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by 234GT(m): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2017
Most times, employers just put this years of experience there to discourage people from applying, thereby reducing the number of applications they have to deal with.
Apply for any job you are interested in, but just make sure you don't lie about your work experience.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by RichDad1(m): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2017
And most of the time they're scams
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Princess4ng(f): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2017
I tire oooo.... Even to employ cleaner.... Is alright
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Femich18(m): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2017
I won't blame them. why won't they treat them like that, when the government who is at the helm of affairs is not bothered about the people. Employers do anything they feel.... 3yrs sweeping experience? issorite
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by komzybrown(f): 7:24am On Jan 15, 2017
Chei, Abasi mbok
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by AngelicBeing: 7:29am On Jan 15, 2017
tongue
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by ednut1(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2017
Just a tactic to reduce applicants
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Oblitz(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2017
with the rate things are going on in this country, hmm! very soon we'll start seeing 3 years dying experience for mortuary workers

2 Likes

Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by segzyogondus(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2017
So a Cleaner also needs years of Experiences as a professional cleaner... Then they should rather say the person needs a Degree in Cleaning not this plenty stories simply put you must possess a degree in cleaning at least OND.Diploma,HND or BSc a masters in Cleanining would be an added advantage...... Thunder go Fire them but the Thunder still dey do warm up Exercise
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by naijaoil: 7:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Only in Naija.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by LorDBolton(m): 7:51am On Jan 15, 2017
davodyguy:
It depends on the angle one chooses to view the subject.

My view

The company do want to recruit and in doing so, they don't want to spend time training the employee(s) Hence the need for experience. Before we castigate the company, what if their outlook is one of the highway managers? These highway managers are those who sweep the streets/ highways. Those that are based in Lagos, would be familiar with these people.

Secondly, the description says Female Cleaner/office Assistant.

You don't expect some organisations to bring in dunce to assist in the office. An office assistant must have interpersonal skills and communication competence, to some level.

Obviously the HR guy is INEXPERIENCED? Cos that's a very poorly constructed job ad.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Horlawale1(m): 7:51am On Jan 15, 2017
Only in my country..
God bless me
God bless Nigeria
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by LorDBolton(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2017
Truth be told, that advert resemble GNLD

Anything with REF: I chalk it off as GNLD
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Medley(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2017
segzyogondus:
So a Cleaner also needs years of Experiences as a professional cleaner... Then they should rather say the person needs a Degree in Cleaning not this plenty stories simply put you must possess a degree in cleaning at least OND.Diploma,HND or BSc a masters in Cleanining would be an added advantage...... Thunder go Fire them but the Thunder still dey do warm up Exercise
soon a body will be set up to give certification in cleaning and washing, perhaps, CWAN(certified washer association.of Nigeria)

2 Likes

Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Medley(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2017
LorDBolton:
Truth be told, that advert resemble GNLD

Anything with REF: I chalk it off as GNLD
Don't Be too sure oh
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by pressplay411(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2017
water don pass garri ooo.
On top cleaner job? grin

This is the end product of poor educational system churning out unemployable graduates.

Sadly several graduates with poor university degrees are more intelligent and qualified for getting the job done than graduates with good degrees. But will never get the opportunity no thanks to recruiters.

Na to be your own boss sure pass.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by menxer: 8:14am On Jan 15, 2017
dhope:

am nt here to defend d coy but everyone seeems to be castigating dis coy for asking O'level result for cleaner but neglecting dt d role of dt person also include office assistant. an office assistant shud be able to read and communicate little in english which is our lingua franca.

The argument here is not the education level but the 3 years experience needed to fill the vacancy.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Medley(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2017
menxer:

The argument here is not the education level but the 3 years experience needed to fill the vacancy.
I don't understand. why he's missing them up

1 Like

Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by menxer: 8:19am On Jan 15, 2017
Oblitz:
with the rate things are going on in this country, hmm! very soon we'll start seeing 3 years dying experience for mortuary workers
Hahahahahaha Hahahahaha

If na so, na only go Jesus qualify to apply, at least he had 3 days experience. grin
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by segzyogondus(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2017
Medley:
soon a body will be set up to give certification in cleaning and washing, perhaps, CWAN(certified washer association.of Nigeria)
You are absolutely correct cos in Nigeria lots of things are very possible,what ever body you come up with you must have members....
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by potent5(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2017
This is kwaraption.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Dindondin(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2017
dxdiag:

Just go ahead and apply for it even if you don't ve the experience or upto the year of the experience. Nothing new in the new job, you re already familiar with every damn thing right from home. You even ve more than the year of experience, no be today you don dey clean/tidy ur house environment na

What do you say about the usual [b]minimum requirement of 5 years experience for Bank, Oil & Gas, Engineering for a 23-24 year old university graduate. Some of these employers v said earlier that applicants should not be more than 25 years old. This country stinks of high rate of unmemployment
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by emmanwandud(m): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2017
So pathetic

Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Fongido(m): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2017
And someone is a president with just NEPA bill certificate. it's well
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by debokaz(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2017
I know the company or should i call it store.It is in computer village.The owner is one useless man who sets high standard and not ready to pay.Someone that finds it difficult to pay experienced graduate 30k.At a point after much test and interview he asked successful candidate to go do medical at a general hospital with their money.After everything he made an offer of 30k with tough work conditions,saturday inclusive.I was so embarassed that I had to collect my medical report and asked him to hold back his offer.That was in 2010/2011 sha.But i doubt if he has changed.Rubbish!
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by castrokins(m): 9:27am On Jan 15, 2017
But She Dey Clean/Wash For House Tey Tey Na. That Na More Than Enough Expee
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by juman(m): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2017
There is nothing bad if somebody that has no money to attend higher education yet or have difficulty to get admission working as cleaner for some period.

But instead a person can go learn trade may be like fashion designing etc.

But there is indication that a large section of people are really suffering.
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by midehill(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
omo na to learn work sure pass
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Medley(m): 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
debokaz:
I know the company or should i call it store.It is in computer village.The owner is one useless man who sets high standard and not ready to pay.Someone that finds it difficult to pay experienced graduate 30k.At a point after much test and interview he asked successful candidate to go do medical at a general hospital with their money.After everything he made an offer of 30k with tough work conditions,saturday inclusive.I was so embarassed that I had to collect my medical report and asked him to hold back his offer.That was in 2010/2011 sha.But i doubt if he has changed.Rubbish!
wouldn't have expected to hear anything different from someone that owns this kind of company
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Medley(m): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
midehill:
omo na to learn work sure pass
nothing sells more this days than skilled work
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by kateskitty(f): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
I got over 10 years experience of washing mommy's plates, but they wouldn't be able to afford me still
Re: This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
I didn't shake head
grin No mind op cheesy Op how you sef take know say we go shake head grin I tel u say ehn, e don reach wey we go ban Naija mata cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Agony Of Unemployed Medical Graduates In Nigeria / Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated / UBA 1st Level Interview For Jan 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.