Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland (3321 Views)

Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / 41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Scary Places In The World You Shouldn't Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by blackbriar: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
One reason: it’s expensive.

So so expensive.

5 USD for a bottle of water

8 USD for a sandwich

60 USD for a night in the cheapest hotel

160 USD for a night in an OK hotel

You can easily spend 200 USD on a meal.

Yeah yeah yeah it’s beautiful and stuff, but it’s not worth it:

I’m joking - come to Switzerland in the summer, pack sandwiches and spend all day hiking, sleep in huts and buy a train pass and Switzerland (in the summer) is affordable and so so worth it.

I’m sorry for being sarcastic. Switzerland is expensive, and there is no way getting around it. That is pretty much the one barrier, and it’s a legitimate barrier to people coming to Switzerland. However there are ways, especially by coming to spend time outside (hiking, snowshoeing, climbing, etc.) rather than shopping or exploring cities that makes the place a lot more affordable. Renting cars here and alcohol are two of the things that are very affordable compared to other countries in Europe - but yeah, everything else, super expensive.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Will you sponsor me there... I would pack my load sharp sharp
Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 12, 2017
I definitely want to visit Switzerland.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Laird(m): 1:09am On Jan 13, 2017
Switzerland is very rascist and deports Nigerians except You are bringing serious cash there

I personally have talked with a Nigerian guy deported from Switzerland

Look elsewhere
Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by TWoods(m): 2:23am On Jan 13, 2017
Laird:
Switzerland is very rascist and deports Nigerians except You are bringing serious cash there

Look elsewhere

Europeans are law abiding... if your friend was legal and not being a nuisance, no one would have deported him. Its not about racism, its about Nigerians ruining every country that makes the mistake of letting them in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Laird(m): 3:11am On Jan 13, 2017
TWoods:

Europeans are law abiding... if your friend was legal and not being a nuisance, no one would have deported him. Its not about racism, its about Nigerians ruining every country that makes the mistake of letting them in.

Your point noted but one persons bias can affect another person with similar features. I have also read in an international news platform about some anti-foreigner protests in Switzerland

Besides Switzerland is expensive......
Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Moana(f): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Laird:

Look elsewhere
He was deported. Were you expecting him say positive things about the country when he was deported?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Laird:

Look elsewhere

Just because one guy told you the above doesn't mean it holds true. It's unfair to label a country as racist solely because of what one person said. Obviously his story's going to be one-sided. Did he tell you why he was deported or was he just blaming Switzerland left and right? Are you the guy in question?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland by Okuda(m): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2017
swiss is racist, but its not that serious. learn the language and it would be much easier for you.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get My International Passport In 2 Weeks / Are You Resident In Ibadan? / BREAKING!!! Airpeace Crash Lands In Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.