Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why?? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why?? (515 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why?? by Trip4Jozzy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
?WHY??
Why am I not a star in the sky, for if I were a star, all I would worry about is shinning, I wont worry about what to wear for I would be clothed with majestic light, bright shinning across the galaxies.
Why am I not a Lilly in spring, so I would bloom in season and be beautiful while worrying about nothing in particular, for I would have no thoughts and so bear no burdens, my heart wont be heavy over issues I have no control over.
Why am I not water, so I could take any form and quench thirst, so I could go to sleep and not worry about what tomorrow holds, for I would be water, all I have to do is flow, I wont worry about clothes, phones, I wont worry about illegal clones hidden in secret labs, I’ll just be water, I’d be fluid.
Why am I not an alphabet, so I could have 25 other siblings whom I will see every other day on paper and in sounds, so I would form words and grow into phrases, clauses and sentences for life. My worries would have been, why are me and my siblings murdered in terrible pronunciations and enunciations, rhymes would have been my romantic partner, we would have made our bed on poetry.
Why am I not electricity, I would have been too hot to handle, would have shocked anyone who dared touch my naked body, would have cooked meals and roasted birds, especially bats, would have only worried about lighting rooms at night, would have prided myself in shinning in the dark and unveiling secrets that should be hidden in dark places like parks, with my sparks would have started unquenchable fires.

Why am I man?

Why do I have to worry about everything even things I know I have no control over. I worry about yesterday, today and even the tomorrow I have not seen, I worry about where I have been, where I am and where am going. I even worry about what I’ve worn (when am I going to wash them), what will I wear and should I buy to wear.
And the biggest worry of all, the mamaload of all worries: Money. Where do I get money from to buy both the things I need and those I donot need but believe I should or must have.
Who will feed me today? What will I eat? I’ve eaten too much Eba lately, garri would be nice today, rice wont be a bad idea too, wish I could eat it with chicken pepper soup served hot, the weather is quite hot, I would kill for a cup of icecream, hot chocolate flavor, endeavor to put vanilla by side. All these aside, worry not about a thing He says, I’ve got you covered from the crown of glory called your head to the golden skin on your feet, He clothes the lilies, feeds the Lion and the goat, how much you; the jewel of all His creation, you are a creation not an invention and so you are an inventor just like your creator, look at his creation, draw inspiration and make your invention.
I call Him the only doctor that doesn’t need a doctor, never went to med school yet remains the best physician in the world, for He heals even ailments that cant be detected by scanners, tumors that cant be revealed in MRIs, He removes without a single incision, pierces the hearts of men without a niddle, listens to the heart cry of millions and has never touched a stethoscope, needed no telescope to put the stars in place, not an astronomer yet knows every star by name, doesn't need their light for they are a reflection of His never dying light. Light of the world doesn’t need a generator, self sustaining power not hydro, washes you cleaner than Hypo, makes no typo when writing on walls, break walls even Jericho.He never went to law school but remains the Incorruptible judge, for what bribe could you offer to Him who owns everything including you and everything you own for what have you that He hasn’t given you?
Don't worry He says I got you...
@thoughtnibbles

(1) (Reply)

A Collection Of Short Stories / Click Here.you Will Like It After Reading It.. / I Need A MENTOR On "WRITING"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.