Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Happy 86th Posthumous Birthday To Novelist Flora Nwapa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy 86th Posthumous Birthday To Novelist Flora Nwapa (592 Views)

Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) / Celeberating Flora Nwapa's 86th Posthumous Birthday / Chinua Achebe's 86th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy 86th Posthumous Birthday To Novelist Flora Nwapa by duketunde: 10:22am On Jan 13, 2017
Happy 86th posthumous birthday to Florence Nwanzuruahu Nkiru Nwapa best known as Flora Nwapa, the mother of modern African literature and founder of Tana Press.

she is acknowledged as the first African woman novelist to be published in the English language in Britain and achieve international recognition, with her first novel Efuru being published in 1966 by Heinemann Educational Books. While never considering herself a feminist, she is best known for recreating life and traditions from an Igbo woman's viewpoint.
Read more at http://www.duketundesblog.com/2017/01/happy-86th-posthumous-birthday-to.html#4yUiRy7Bcpypy76K.99

(1) (Reply)

Are You Thinking Of Publishing A Book This Year? If Yes, Read This. / I Stabbed My Brother / I Need Someone To Guide Me Through Freelance Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.