Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members (439 Views)

Possible Reasons some (the Lost) are erring In Prophesy & teachings / Why Nigerians Must Shun Corruption, By Kumuyi / Moses Married An Amazing African Woman,shun Tribalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members by engrtee(f): 11:19am On Jan 13, 2017
Gary Busselman shun - to keep away from; avoid scrupulously or consistently. (Webster’s New World Dictionary) - to keep clear of; avoid. (Funk and Wagnalls Standard Desk Dictionary) Why It Works Why would I be afraid of someone who threatened not to talk to me unless I behaved a certain way? Why would I punish someone by not talking to them? Why would people try and try to gain the acceptance of a group who would look right through them without speaking or even acknowledge them when they chance met? What are the rewards for the shunners? What are the rewards for the shunned?

ment. Partial shunning is also practiced by JWs. Married couples (one practicing Witness, one disfellowshipped /disassociated) are taught to practice shunning in the home. This practice is unacceptable by me and is clearly intended to split up families. How can JWs believe they are keeping all of the marriage vows while requiring one spouse to spiritually shun the other? How can one reduce a marriage to sex and business? How can a couple be happy just talking about the garden, weather and sports at ten?

ehovah’s Witness I know has a daughter and a son. Both were raised as Witnesses. The daughter was baptized by the Witnesses. The son was not. As adolescents both the daughter and the son started to use tobacco. The daughter, because she was baptized, was disfellowshipped for using tobacco. She moved away, married, had a child, quit going to meetings, and continued to use tobacco. The father has not spoken to her or seen her for years. The father has not spoken to or seen his granddaughter, ever. The son also quit attending JW group meetings, moved away, got married, had two children, and also continued to use tobacco. But the son, because he was not baptized, was not disfellowshipped. The father has an ongoing relationship with his son and these two grandchildren even though the son continues to use tobacco. If the father is shunning the behavior (tobacco use), then he would have to shun them both. Since he continues a relationship with the son I’m inclined to think that the unforgivable sin is baptism by Jehovah’s Witne
Re: Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members by rottennaija(m): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members by ekanDamie: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses are not complaining, what is then your headache?
why should u be the judge?.
if you ask the lady in question, if her father or the religion is callous, she will look at u n smile cos she knows it's what she wanted.
as long as uve been baptised as a JW you publicly disown bad conducts n vow to live a life that pleases God.

JW are not perfect however, even tho baptised, we believe anyone can fall. as such no one is just disfelowshiped JLT . the person must have been a unrepentant as efforts may have been made to correct the person.
so, she choose a life of her own, and to protect the purity of the congregation,
family members are not to communicate with disfelowship persons, once dey leave the house.

it's how we keep the congregation spiritually clean, it is not new tho, it started since the time of the apostles
Re: Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members by jayriginal: 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
Shunning is a very dangerous practice. It's cruel and heartless and has the capacity for long term psychological damage.

I can't see any reason I'd be forced to shun any of my loved ones.
Re: Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members by dangotesmummy: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lol.the act of shunning doesn't work again like before.

The idea of shunning is to force a person to conform to a particular group and if the person doesn't agree you shun them. How about if the person doesn't give a fok undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovawithnes Shun Erring Members by true2god: 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jehovah's witness is a sort problematic organization, once you enter, exit becomes difficult. Jehovah's witnesses are brainwashed to see other Christian organizations as evil, dangerous and idolatrous in order to create a subtle hatred in the heart of an average Jehovah's witness. And so when a member wants to leave the organization, he hates everything around him/her, both the JW and the non-JW, and in most cases led to depression and suicide.

As a JW apostates, the organization with shun you, your JW brethren will shun you, your family members will shun you. Your parents will shun you, your children will shun you. Where do you go from here? You either adapt to living in isolation or you make a 'new family member and friends'.

JW is a dangerous cult controlled from their Brooklyn headquarters in New York.

(1) (Reply)

Audio Mp3 Bible In Your Language For Personal Spiritual Growth & Evangelism / Shike Ahmed Deedat's / Pastor Makes Church Members Drink Motor Oil To Heal Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.