Stats: 3,154,024 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Why You Should Be Best Friends With Your Village People. (SHARE THIS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why You Should Be Best Friends With Your Village People. (SHARE THIS) (675 Views)

Man Flaunt His Two Girlfriends Who Are Best Friends,kiss Them In Public / Tiwa Savage: Wizkid And I Are "Friends With Benefit" (video) / Meet Cute Actors Of The webseries, 'Best Friends In The World' (Video & pics) (2) (3) (4)

Why You Should Be Best Friends With Your Village People. (SHARE THIS) by ChocolateAda: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
You would never understand the importance of familiarizing with your village people (Igbo) until you want to get married. By familiarizing I mean not necessarily giving them fake smiles and all, but really doing all you are expected to do and knowing what there is to know as per "Tradition". I Once attended a traditional marriage ceremony somewhere in Anambra State Nigeria.

The event was supposed to start by two o'clock but was delayed because the elders and "Umunna" kept arguing for hours on end.
The bone of contention? They do not know the bride, she's never been involved in any local activity, her name is not in the village church women's list and so and and so forth. Initially I thought it was a joke. I mean, how can one possibly travel all the way to the village to added occasional meetings all in the name of playing safe in preparation for future marriage .

This act is not only extended to girls only oo.. men too have their fair share of clan involvement. It's even worse on them.They get questions like "O-na abiakwa ulo?" (Does he come home at all). Whenever a young man comes home from th city, he is expected to visit his uncles and their friends with bottles of spinach and big round kola-nuts.. You village people expect you to:

1. Adhere To Social Rules: Whenever there is a function that requires your presence, they expect you to honor the invitation and not run away from home.

2. Get to know a few people in your clan so that Oso chuba dinkpa(when a ma...........
More...

http://aladyandlife..com.ng/2017/01/-friends-village-people-Nigeria-igbo.html?m=1
Re: Why You Should Be Best Friends With Your Village People. (SHARE THIS) by ariesbull: 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
ChocolateAda:
You would never understand the importance of familiarizing with your village people (Igbo) until you want to get married. By familiarizing I mean not necessarily giving them fake smiles and all, but really doing all you are expected to do and knowing what there is to know as per "Tradition". I Once attended a traditional marriage ceremony somewhere in Anambra State Nigeria.

The event was supposed to start by two o'clock but was delayed because the elders and "Umunna" kept arguing for hours on end.
The bone of contention? They do not know the bride, she's never been involved in any local activity, her name is not in the village church women's list and so and and so forth. Initially I thought it was a joke. I mean, how can one possibly travel all the way to the village to added occasional meetings all in the name of playing safe in preparation for future marriage .

This act is not only extended to girls only oo.. men too have their fair share of clan involvement. It's even worse on them.They get questions like "O-na abiakwa ulo?" (Does he come home at all). Whenever a young man comes home from th city, he is expected to visit his uncles and their friends with bottles of spinach and big round kola-nuts.. You village people expect you to:

1. Adhere To Social Rules: Whenever there is a function that requires your presence, they expect you to honor the invitation and not run away from home.

2. Get to know a few people in your clan so that Oso chuba dinkpa(when a ma...........
More...

http://aladyandlife..com.ng/2017/01/-friends-village-people-Nigeria-igbo.html?m=1

That's the beauty of Igbo culture.. We can be aloof

Thats it and we so love it

Phyno And Patoranking Celebrates With Slanky As He Marks His Birthday (pics,vid) / Can Naija Gospel Singer Make Millions Too / Kourtney Kardashian Posts Cheeky N*de Snapshot.