Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud (1534 Views)

Can Amodu Shaibu Perform Better Than Keshi? / blessing okagbare makes Nigeria proud again at world stage. IAAF Diamond League / Can Amodu Players Make A Difference This Time Arround? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by thetalent: 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2009
coach amodu has been given the job to take the super eagle of nigeria to angola 2010,can he make nageria proud.
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by omar22(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
dont hold your breath
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by Nellychari: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
Shauibu Amodu is not a coach but an Assembler of the So called professionals. He has no single strategy towards any match. I think NFF should leave sentiment out of this. If they insist, I will not watch any of the Super Eagles Matches. I don't want to suffer heart attack.
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by mamagee3(f): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
He'll probably do that in the next generation. cool
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by omar22(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2009
Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud

May be when cows start laying eggs
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by thetalent: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2009
pls do not ridicule amodu he may be the messiah.hidink could not bring russian to south africa 2010 but amodu took nigerian to south africa 2010
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by FBS: 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
Keshi, Siasia will help Amodu

Former Green Eagles winger Adokiye Amiesimaka says for Super Eagles coach Shuaibu Amodu to get credit from Nigerians, he will need the assistance of Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia to help him drop his conservative style.

Amodu's team have come under fierce criticism for playing stifling football and Amiesimaka, who won the 1980 African Nations Cup, says he will need help from two of his former charges "Even though credit should go to Amodu for winning us the coveted ticket, South Africa 2010 is not an opportunity for Amodu alone, but also for other promising Nigerian coaches as well," Amiesimaka said.

"And Amodu can benefit from the likes of Keshi and Siasia."

Amiesimaka pointed out that Amodu's problems with Nigerians stem from his conservative tactics "Nigerians want free-flowing, attacking football. Like eagles, we want to be seen as predators, flying purposefully on our powerful wings and descending relentlessly on our prey.

"Conservative, defensive tactics, anchored on extreme caution do not hold any attraction for us. And we do not want to be told that there may be a constraint in the calibre of players available to the coach.

"A coach that believes in being safe rather than sorry may not be popular with Nigerian fans. That is part of Amodu's problem with Nigerian fans.

"The way many fans feel if this perception of Amodu does not change, even if he wins the World Cup, they will still not give him due credit."

Amiesimaka went on to suggest that Keshi and Siasia could help Amodu solve the problem "If Amodu is not to become a 'coach Cassandra, winning but not appreciated, methinks he will need the support of Keshi and Siasia, but as assistants only. They can bring their different perspectives to the table, but Amodu as the manager has the final say.

"These two coaches are exponents of the kind of football that Nigerians cherish and they will take no nonsense from any player."

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12583
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by Orilee9ice(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ FBS
BAWO NI O, wHERE HAVE U BEEN? OMO MI NKO? HOW WORK? cheesy
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by FBS: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2009
Orilee9ice:

@ FBS
BAWO NI O, wHERE HAVE U BEEN? OMO MI NKO? HOW WORK? cheesy
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Orilee9ice shocked ? Longeeeeeeeeeest time! where you dey? cheesy
I dey oo. Thanking God. Omo wa daada.
How your side?
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by Orilee9ice(m): 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Orilee9ice ? Longeeeeeeeeeest time! where you dey?
I dey oo. Thanking God. Omo wa daada.
How your side?

@ FBS

i dey o i don leave mesage for you for the Have u praised him 2day thread and the new yoruba one too, i dey kampe o, went to 9ja for some bizness and just came back, when i came back that youruba thread had disappeared it was Tubabie that told me a new one had been open, jam me for those sites now, wink SE ISE NLO SHA?
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by FBS: 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
Orilee9ice:

@ FBS

i dey o i don leave mesage for you for the Have u praised him 2day thread and the new yoruba one too, i dey kampe o, went to 9ja for some bizness and just came back, when i came back that youruba thread had disappeared it was Tubabie that told me a new one had been open, jam me for those sites now, wink SE ISE NLO SHA?
See ya there. Really, I wasnt even aware of the new thread,

Back to sports. . . grin
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by Orilee9ice(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
Back to sports. . .

abi o, i was in 9ja thro out the FIFA Tournaments, went to watch a few @ the Teslim Stadia in Surulere, it was cool, but NEPA/PHCN showed them well well, in Kano and Bauchi as well, it was a disgrace, imagine a whole world tournament, and no light for 15 mins in Kano and 8 mins in BAUCHI, IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AS WELL,
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by FBS: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
Orilee9ice:

abi o, i was in 9ja thro out the FIFA Tournaments, went to watch a few @ the Teslim Stadia in Surulere, it was cool, but NEPA/PHCN showed them well well, in Kano and Bauchi as well, it was a disgrace, imagine a whole world tournament, and no light for 15 mins in Kano and 8 mins in BAUCHI, IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AS WELL,
I learnt they used generators during the tourney and that it was the halogen lamps that went off not phcn.
But anyways, no be for only Naija "Nepa" dey cheesy. They also struck in the USA during a soccer match in the MLS. The match had to be stopped twice and for long periods.

Boy, but na you enjoy. Watching the matches LIVE!!! grin
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by FBS: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kalu wants Yobo at right-back

Pillar of Sports in Nigeria, Dr. Uzor Kalu, has advised coach Shaibu Amodu to convert his central defender Joseph Yobo into a right-back.

Yobo, one of Everton‘s dependable defenders, has also consistently been on the wrong side of match reports and has often been dubbed ”Calamity Yobo” following some sloppy displays in the English Premier League.

Former Abia State Governor Kalu said through his Special Assistant, Media, Emeka Obasi, that he was a keen observer of the former Marseille defender‘s game,

“I have followed Yobo for a long time and I believe he is a wonderful right-back. The central defence is not really his place,” Kalu said.

“At the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup, it was Yobo‘s move that gave the Eagles their only goal of the tourney against Sweden in Kobe.

“He was moved to the right by Adegboye Onigbinde and his cross eventually found Julius Aghohowa who nodded in the ball.”
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009120251740
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by azeeza(f): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2009
let's kip our fingers cross,the end shall tell
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by thetalent: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
Can amodu really accept the asistance of siasie and steven ikechi. For more understanding you cam meet me at www.distinsttalentsportblogsport.com
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by hamziwhiz(m): 5:28am On Dec 04, 2009
Let him try his best cos thats exactly what we want!!!
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by thetalent: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2009
draw up with ARGENTINA,NIGERIA,SOUTH KOREA AND GREECE, is an opportunity for coach amodu shuabu to make nigeria great in south africa 2010
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by Iyineda(m): 8:45am On Dec 08, 2009
I guess we will have to wait for the Super Eagles' performance in Angola before passing final judgement on Amodu. If he takes Nigeria to at least the semis - with style and a well determined game pattern - then definitely he should take us to the WC 2010.

If he only manages to take the squad into the 1/4 finals - with a shambolic game pattern - then he'll either need to be sacked and replaced by a NIGERIAN coach (preferably Keshi or Siasia). If the NFF doesn't sack him even with those results, then they should provide him with a new assisstant - either Keshi or Siasia, because having both in the technical staff is just impossible.  undecided
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by t0kunb0(m): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2009
Even if we hired Fergie to coach Nigeria for both the Nations Cup & World cup. . . we still wouldn't win. Isn't he also going to use the same players Amodu's presently using? ? ?

We're our own worst enemies. . . the general mentality is absolutly wrong in Nigeria & around the team

Must Nigeria always win everything or everytime. . . God isn't a Nigerian nor is he a football fanatic

It's a game & not a war. . .learn to enjoy the game y'all

Nigeria WILL NOT win the world cup irrespective of who's in charge & mayb not even the Nations Cup undecided
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by mckelli(m): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2009
we aint fighting here, u forgot that everbody is entitled to his opinion, inspite of our aggressive criticism, we still support and pray for them, besides they are the one's who benefit either they win or loose any game, except for some people who bet on the game. We can't be calling for anybody's head if they are averagely doing the job. join me at www.leekweedforum.com lets talk sports.
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by omar22(m): 11:07am On Dec 08, 2009
Even if we hired Fergie to coach Nigeria for both the Nations Cup & World cup. . . we still wouldn't win. Isn't he also going to use the same players Amodu's presently using? ? ?

We're our own worst enemies. . . the general mentality is absolutly wrong in Nigeria & around the team

Must Nigeria always win everything or everytime. . . God isn't a Nigerian nor is he a football fanatic

Nigeria WILL NOT win the world cup irrespective of who's in charge & mayb not even the Nations Cup

TOKS, Nigeria has a great chance for the Nations Cup
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by t0kunb0(m): 11:18am On Dec 08, 2009
@omar22

it aint about having a great chance but about taking your chances . . . Nigeria wont dont

Mentally. . . we dont even see ourselves in d final asides the majority of Nigerians hopin & prayin 4 a miracle

Does Nigeria really deserve to win the cup. . . embarassed cos we're living on past glory!!!
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by omar22(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2009
Nigeria could win the Nations cup but not under the Looney called Amodu,

The reason why Egypt has won the last 2 or the last 3 tournament has stayed in north Africa is because they rely on players playing their own local league,  whereas the rest of Africa has to wait on a superstar to arrive before they start breathing,   Some players look down on the other, I play in the premiership you play in the Swedish league, at some point some players dont pass the ball to another player e.g. Odewinge. we have players turning up at the camp 5 days before a game where Kanu and Co. coming in 2 days later without no one questioning them. no matter how good you are, if you attitude stinks then you are nothing! the Egyptian have a togetherness and a bonding, they are not the best players but they have a great team. Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast etc have great players but the same problem attitude but not as Nigerians, look at the Senegal team of 6 years ago but ego got in front of reality and now its all gone. 

For example Fabio Capello puts out his list of players to report to Carrington on Sunday evening by Monday mid day they have all reported unless you have a geniune excuse and I mean geniune,   but Naija players Martins left Newcastle 5 days before a Naija friendly after the club begged Martins to omit himself because its only a friendly and he is needed at Newcastle due to lack of cover, but Martins didnt even show up at the eagles camp,  This is my arguement it all starts at the top,  do you think someone like Kanu could look at Hiddink or Scolari in the eye and say Utaka has to start ahead of Uche or do you think a player would leave Heathrow Monday morning and show up at the eagles camp on Wednesday evening without any explanation,

am sorry until we have someone who commands respect (which is not Amodu) then we would be on the first plane leaving South Africa next July
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by Iyineda(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2009

Nigeria WILL NOT win the world cup irrespective of who's in charge & mayb not even the Nations Cup

Quoted for undeniable truth. wink
It always makes me smirk a lil when some folks out there say "God is on our side, He will make it happen". lmao
Clueless as ever. The players themeselves and their nerves are going to be the main X-factors.

Nigeria, buckle up!
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by t0kunb0(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Egypt have ALWAYS used home based players in ALL competition. . . dat in isolation can not be the reason for the Egyptian success. . . HARDWORK is

Nigeria is a dynamic entity. . .what applies in ENGLAND will not doesn't apply in Nigeia, we've got to find our dynamic style, rythym "nigeriarism" else we'll continue chasing shadows

Honestly. . . Nigerian footballers dont really need Amodu to win any match, they're probably even better off without him or anyone else, but it's just mental psycology playing games with their minds

I feel Nigeria cant beat Brazil in a world cup final, but they dont bliv dey can even make it 2 d final in d 1st place & Amodu isnt providing d necessary motivation & dats d problem
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by eddiebomba(m): 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
t0kunb0:

Nigeria WILL NOT win the world cup irrespective of who's in charge & mayb not even the Nations Cup undecided

Pessimists - pure pessimists! The way nigerians reacted after the loss - sorry, draw! tongue tongue tongue - to tunisia(they gave up jus too easily on the team after that match), and the way we are reacting to the team and shuaibu amodu now have shown me one simple truth: NAIJA FANS NO GET HEART AT ALL angry angry angry!!!we haven't even played nations cup yet and already some people're turning prophets of doom! this is why israel couldnt enter the promised land God had given them - because they saw giants like we're seeing now(messi, aguero, js park, gago &co - as if these short guys are giants at all cheesy cheesy), & they chickened out!!!thank god we the fans aren't the ones playing the ball
Re: Can Amodu Make Nigeria Proud by dani1luv: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2009
Bad leadership; Bad Coachito

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Brazil 2014 World Cup Pots And The Teams / Chelsea Star, Oscar Gets Cozy With Two Women / See Names Of Players That Gives Commentators A Headache!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.