Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust (1209 Views)

Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo) / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by modsfucker: 7:56am On Jan 14, 2017
Aliyu Ahmed Kabir is a 2013 Geology and Mining graduate of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi. He also earned a certificate in Environmental Health from the College of Health Technology, Ningi, Bauchi State. The 28-year-old sells tea at a junction along Bebeji Road in Kafanchan, Kaduna State. He tells Daily Trust that he is satisfied with the profit he makes from the business. See excerpt of the interview with the dailytrust:

Aliyu Ahmed Kabir: First of all, my father had been in this business for a very long time, so I learned the business from him. And looking at the current economic reality in Nigeria, I reminded myself that it was with this business that my father sponsored my education and he is still doing well, so why not start the business since I know how to do it very well and age is no longer on my father’s side.

I am not the choosy type. In fact, I get surprised when I see people with only a diploma or NCE who are choosy in their search for jobs. So, since one must search and wait for a long time to get employment in Nigeria, since there is no automatic employment for graduates upon leaving school, I decided to start this business.

Read the full interview here<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/encounters/meet-graduate-who-sells-shayi/180671.html

Re: Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by zuby4real10(m): 8:02am On Jan 14, 2017
He is already employed by doing that business cos am very sure that he is earning more than those his mates that claims to have job.
Re: Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by thesicilian: 8:02am On Jan 14, 2017
He's not the only one. More than 70% of Nigerian graduates are jobless so how is this news worthy to be carried by a major national daily?
Re: Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by greatgod2012(f): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2017
May God bless his hustle!

Though, I pity him but its not new!

So many graduates riding okada to earn something.

In fact, many masters holder are into something dirtier than this just to at least find money to eat.
That is the Nigeria we've found ourselves.
It's so pathetic!

I however commend those among them doing legitimate work, though dirty.

Many graduates have resorted to so many illegal and criminal means, which is unhealthy for both them and the country.

May God heal this country.
Re: Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by juman(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2017
Good.
Something is better than nothing.
A country destroyed by the senseless generation of people.

Meanwhile APC government is clueless they are better as opposition party.
Re: Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by Pizzy01(m): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2017
At least,he is being productive and he's getting paid for it.
Re: Meet Graduate Who Turns To "MAI SHAYI" Due To Unemployment - Dailytrust by Vick4rill(m): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
this issue is over flogged already, many graduates already know the situation of the country and they are already getting skills and are into bussiness.we should stop glorifying this kind of mediocricy abeg. if not that the country is messed up, which father will be happy seeing his child coming back to sell the same shayi he has been selling for years?is it a crime if he become a senator and drive luxurious cars that others are driving?

(1) (Reply)

Sage 50 Accounting Software Training Manual / Be Part Of The Oil And Gas Industry With Oil And Gas Training / Get 100% Scholarships From Uk Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.