Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website (898 Views)

Please Review My Work / Please Review This Blog / Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 10:43am On Jan 14, 2017
Hello house

Please review my Digital Banking and FinTech news website http://macksonwakama.com/

I have been running it for about 2 months, I already have Google Adsense and sometimes I market it using Google Adwords Express.

My Alexa ranking in Nigeria is about 46k and about 8m globally.
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
A simple comment on the negatives and positives of the website would do
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
I want to know what I may need to change to increase my traffic
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
Just one review would do
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by GiggsTk(m): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
It looks good and simple...simplicity is a recipe for success.
I'm viewing from a mobile device, so I can't be sure on this, but the banner(picture...don't know what it's called) on the top of the page seems small.
Background images also makes a site classic...you might want to consider one that's not ambiguous.
Overall...it's good.
I'm also working on a tech site for a certain niche.O Lord God, Help me

1 Like

Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
GiggsTk:
It looks good and simple...simplicity is a recipe for success.
I'm viewing from a mobile device, so I can't be sure on this, but the banner(picture...don't know what it's called) on the top of the page seems small.
Background images also makes a site classic...you might want to consider one that's not ambiguous.
Overall...it's good.
I'm also working on a tech site for a certain niche.O Lord God, Help me

Thanks for the review.

What do you mean by "background images"?

What niche are you targeting for your site?
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by Victorez007: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Visit www.financialwatchngr.com for inspiration

1 Like

Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
Victorez007:
Visit www.financialwatchngr.com
for inspiration

Thanks. Although mine has a smaller targeted audience

What's your view of mine?
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
Any reviews please?
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
Please review and advise me on how to increase my traffic.
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by barapistis(m): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2017
viewing from mobile too but i am not always particular about designs ..when it comes to niches like this....design is important any way...but design cannot bring in the money.

1.seems you just started the site so my critism of the content may be wrong(i didnt see a targeted geography ...is this global or nigerian.....are you an expert in this field or you worked in a field related to this before

2..there are bunch of local content for this niche but o cant seem to see them on the blog

..yea here is a few ...mobile ivr transactions,paga,virtual network..and a bunch of other services rendered by network and financial institutions

this blog will go places only if you have some level of expertis as you often get question by your audience ...this people may include tv stations

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2017
barapistis:
viewing from mobile too but i am not always particular about designs ..when it comes to niches like this....design is important any way...but design cannot bring in the money.

1.seems you just started the site so my critism of the content may be wrong(i didnt see a targeted geography ...is this global or nigerian.....are you an expert in this field or you worked in a field related to this before

2..there are bunch of local content for this niche but o cant seem to see them on the blog

..yea here is a few ...mobile ivr transactions,paga,virtual network..and a bunch of other services rendered by network and financial institutions

this blog will go places only if you have some level of expertis as you often get question by your audience ...this people may include tv stations

Good luck

Many thanks for your criticism and review. Very much appreciated.

As regards the bolded above, did you visit this page (About Mackson)? http://macksonwakama.com/?page_id=27

I agree with you regarding my geographical target- global or Nigerian. I am actually based in the UK which is why it appears most but not all of my content is for a global audience but I think I need to change that.

How is my response?
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
Any other reviews, advice, or criticisms?
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by GiggsTk(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
napoleon77:

Thanks for the review.

What do you mean by "background images"?
Background in the sense that your write-ups might be much more attractive on a pagewith a background theme, probably plain colour or better still with images.

What niche are you targeting for your site?
Agriculture

1 Like

Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2017
GiggsTk:

Agriculture

Ok. Thats cool
Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by Mikeshiangala(m): 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
napoleon77:
Hello house

Please review my Digital Banking and FinTech news website http://macksonwakama.com/

I have been running it for about 2 months, I already have Google Adsense and sometimes I market it using Google Adwords Express.

My Alexa ranking in Nigeria is about 46k and about 8m globally.

First of all stop looking at your alexa rank as your measure of success...unless you rank 100k and below worldwide.

Instead focus on PA,DA,MozRank and Quality of backlinks pointing to your site.

I think the design is composed,clean and easily navigatable.

My problem is with the title and tagline....they are way way too long.

Why not use Makson Wakama as the blog title and Latest Digital Banking Innovation and FinTech News as the tagline?...or something even shorter!

The other problem is that your blog recognizes you as admin.....why not use your name in the author place that way visitors feel like the know who's talking to them.

Then your permalinks are teribble.....they look something like .com/?p=755
i would suggest using pretty permalinks with your article keywords....and at the end if your post i notice a link pasted to another blog's article.
You may want to scrap that link and use actual words linking to the article and not the link itself.

And lastly i can see your posts are too long which might get boring along the way.

i would suggest adding more pictures in long posts or using different colors in your h2's,h3's,h4's......
but overally the design looks cool on my phone without too much of distractions.

1 Like

Re: Please Review My Digital Banking And Fintech News Website by napoleon77(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
Mikeshiangala:

First of all stop looking at your alexa rank as your measure of success...unless you rank 100k and below worldwide. ok

Instead focus on PA,DA,MozRank and Quality of backlinks pointing to your site.

I think the design is composed,clean and easily navigatable. thanks

My problem is with the title and tagline....they are way way too long.

Why not use Mackson Wakama as the blog title and Latest Digital Banking Innovation and FinTech News as the tagline?...or something even shorter!
done

The other problem is that your blog recognizes you as admin.....why not use your name in the author place that way visitors feel like the know who's talking to them. done

Then your permalinks are teribble.....they look something like .com/?p=755
i would suggest using pretty permalinks with your article keywords
done

....and at the end if your post i notice a link pasted to another blog's article working on this .
You may want to scrap that link and use actual words linking to the article and not the link itself.

And lastly i can see your posts are too long which might get boring along the way.

i would suggest adding more pictures in long posts or using different colors in your h2's,h3's,h4's......
but overally the design looks cool on my phone without too much of distractions.

Thanks a million and one

(1) (Reply)

Verify Your US ADSENSE In Four Days. / INSTAGRAM FOLLOWER Booster:be Popular On Instagram With The Help Of @b.l.u.e_ace / Get Any Responsive Website At An Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.