Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians (1766 Views)

Chadwick Boseman: Angela Okorie Blasts Nigerians Mourning Late Actor / Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality / Wizkid: Ciphasounds Blasts Nigerians, "I Was 1st To Play Wizkid In US" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by richdaddy75: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
www.informationng.com/2017/01/hot1079-j-nicks-nigerians-english.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+InformationNigeria+%28INFORMATION+NIGERIA%29

The Atlanta-based DJ also known as Stuey Rock
made the comments during an interview with
Migos who recently departed Lagos.

J Nicks at the beginning of his show ‘The Durtty
Boyz’, aired by Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9,
said the American hip hop group went ”all the
way to Nigeria” to put their home city on the map.

He referred to the country as a place ”where they
can’t even speak English” and ”don’t even know
what’s the A [Atlanta]”, before asking Migos
of their experience there.

Watch the interview below:

[Url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uh2ZIWF0xk][/url]
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by EmoBoy(m): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
I cant even hear what they're saying. Are they speaking english?
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by Heavance(m): 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
Before people start commenting, if deeply you know at least 60% of Nigeria's population don't/can't speak English, then there is no need for argument.
Some people will give flimsy excuses for not being able to speak the official language of the country (its not their mother tongue).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by darknetcom: 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
this are the ones that will parade your daughters in dog chains and call it fashion...

look how they look...they look like drug addicts...
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by mamatayour(f): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
After then nko? Mtchewww undecided
whether we understand it or not we dey do our life dey go
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by darknetcom: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
thunda fire pan africa...

i want nothing to do with drug addicts...

junkies...

Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by LordZero(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Those retârds.

Who gives a fvck about the "A".. Is Atlanta the capital of Nigeria?

They can't sing anything sensible and they are talking..

Give a hoodrat some money and he starts saying shii...
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by richdaddy75: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Heavance:
Before people start commenting, if deeply you know at least 60% of Nigeria's population don't/can't speak English, then there is no need for argument.
Some people will give flimsy excuses for not being able to speak the official language of the country (its not their mother tongue).
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by OKorowanta: 6:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Dem speak inglish reach Fela?
Animal boys! undecided
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by OKorowanta: 6:14am On Jan 15, 2017
Heavance:

Guy kpror
Bifor nko,na your mother tongue?
U speak inglish pass us?
Wole Soyinka's 'The Lion and The Jewel' was written in English and the same man
won for himself a Nobel Prize.
Everybody is uniting against this riff raffs for talking us down and you are here yarning puan undecided
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by Kakamorufu(m): 7:01am On Jan 15, 2017
who care bout these thugs, english aint my language. So they should go and never come back here
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by Aikon: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2017
That guy can speak good English. he's an American. most Nigerian OAPs speak better.

BTW, English Na my Papa language?

I blame those that didn't make Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba our official language

and again putting the most populous African nation on the map?.... you got that one wrong. we're popular for many things, including corruption

Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by Heavance(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2017
OKorowanta:

Guy kpror
Bifor nko,na your mother tongue?
U speak inglish pass us?
Wole Soyinka's 'The Lion and The Jewel' was written in English and the same man
won for himself a Nobel Prize.
Everybody is uniting against this riff raffs for talking us down and you are here yarning puan undecided
I am not against anything, read my post all over and you will understand.
Check our population figure and see for yourself, it just baffles me that people give that excuse.
If we don't speak English, then how can a calabar man communicate with a yoruba/kwale/Hausa/Igbo/Itsekiri man in an official gathering?
I hope you understand?

People are bashing the guy online, but guess what? they are still typing in English and not their mother tongue.
Tell them to type in their mother tongue, and you will see how many won't understand anything, we will end up leaving the post exactly like the tower of babel.
Re: Nigerians Can't Speak English: US Radio Personality Blasts Nigerians by richdaddy75: 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
I can't blame the stinking-mouthed guy for blasting, Nigerians are to blame. The modern day slavery of Visa lottery has contributed to the insult.

If we are on our own here and not bother to go abroad, the insult will not emanate.

Ignorance, the reason for abandoning naijaland to seek greener pasture abroad

God punish ignorance in them

(1) (Reply)

Phyno Lookalike Mistaken For Him By Students And Cheered / (VIDEO) Bootylicious Nicki Minaj In Tiny Dress For Her Music Video Shoot / Temi Otedola shares pictures from her hang out with her dad, Femi Otedola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.