Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL (22160 Views)

Women's World Cup 2019: France Scores Fastest Goal In Opening Match (Photos) / World Cup 2018: Russia Prepared For World Cup Opening Match Against Saudi Arabia / GOOD NEWS: Live Streaming Of NPFL Games To Global Viewers Starts On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by giles14(m): 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
ffrreeee:
Hmmmmm The question most Nigeria sports and football lovers are asking is why should an opening game of this caliber filled with tension be allowed to be handled by a female referee.

And what's wrong with a female referee.
Is she incompetent because she is a female?
yes she is incompetent.

she exhibited.similar nonsense between heartland nd plateau united last season.

EVEN THE KANO PILLARS GOAL WAS OFFSIDE AS RULED BY THE LINESMAN BUT SHE WENT AHEAD AWARDED THE GOAL.

for all of u calling for sanction against FCIU,don't forget that the first goal by Kano pillars was offside as ruled by d linesman.

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by giles14(m): 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
HAH:
Legitimate goals are disallowed severally in various league in Europe but is not reason for the Club to abandon the match.

Ifeanyi Ubah FC should be fined N10million and 3 points for abandoning the match.

The referee decisions should be reexamined by the LMC if wrong she should be penalized

For those saying why would a woman be given such a sensitive match they are clearly being gender bias, is the woman not qualified? Why do men officiate in female games too, Saying a woman should not be in the middle of field as referee is very foolish
well did is Nigeria and not Europe .

besides you hardly see dis kind of poor officiating in Europe

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
jericco1:
No wonder dem no dey get beta odd for betting.

..As in eh !

even outside country you will see Nigeria soccer league on the fixtures of betting companies but will never be on the system but further inquiries you will be told that every one knows that home always wins and that is corruption

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Dcomrade(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
I don't know who the referee was trying to impress, but I hope she get sanctioned for this. What a bad way to start a league game.

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Sezua(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
Am an arsenal fan. Swansea city fc penalty was turned down yesterday, they didn't cos of that abandon match. Nigeria is too backward.
Which penalty? i hope u re nt referring to d shameful dive by that asian?

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by jericco1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
carmag:

..As in eh !

even outside country you will see Nigeria soccer league on the fixtures of betting companies but will never be on the system but further inquiries you will be told that every one knows that home always wins and that is corruption
the thing tire me
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by ArabMopol(m): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
what do you expect from AFONJA referee they will agree to do all sort of dirty jobs just to pleased their
Fulani/Hausa masters... this match officiating has shown their incompetence TUFIAKWA

2 Likes

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
Nigeria is corrupt.
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by siegfried99(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
eyeview:
Wait!
Let me get this straight.

A referee awards a free kick to Ifeanyi Ubah FC, they take the free kick and score and the same referee who awarded the free kick disallows it and instead says it's now half time?

Let's call a spade a spade, the woman was bribed.

I am not understanding too oo grin

Hian.. how can a ref cancel a free kick that was scored and call for HT grin

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by seuncyrus(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
LecciGucci:
What do u expect from a yoruba woman..mtcheew!

no offence bro, but you're a waste product

peace smiley
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Ibj50(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
ffrreeee:
Hmmmmm The question most Nigeria sports and football lovers are asking is why should an opening game of this caliber filled with tension be allowed to be handled by a female referee.

its mens football dear
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by habsydiamond(m): 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
In a country where most of the time their ministers and commissioners for women affairs are usually men. If this happened in our football am not surprise. Its just a sign that our precious country is stagnant and not even moving at all.

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Ibj50(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
HAH:
Legitimate goals are disallowed severally in various league in Europe but is not reason for the Club to abandon the match.

Ifeanyi Ubah FC should be fined N10million and 3 points for abandoning the match.

The referee decisions should be reexamined by the LMC if wrong she should be penalized

For those saying why would a woman be given such a sensitive match they are clearly being gender bias, is the woman not qualified? Why do men officiate in female games too, Saying a woman should not be in the middle of field as referee is very foolish
oh you think so?, what do you think would happen if there was a confrontation? People would claim she's being intimidated cause she's a lady..
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by zicky(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
giles14:
yes she is incompetent.

she exhibited.similar nonsense between heartland nd plateau united last season.

EVEN THE KANO PILLARS GOAL WAS OFFSIDE AS RULED BY THE LINESMAN BUT SHE WENT AHEAD AWARDED THE GOAL.

for all of u calling for sanction against FCIU,don't forget that the first goal by Kano pillars was offside as ruled by d linesman.

Tell me something cheesy is this thesame woman that officiate the Plateau-Heartland game? That woman should be throw away far from anything sports.
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by HAH: 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
giles14:
well did is Nigeria and not Europe .

besides you hardly see dis kind of poor officiating in Europe

So because this is Nigeria we should be abandoning match I felt cheated.
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by brojoshua: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Poor or bad officiating, ground child of corruption. Corruption killing everything in Nigeria, killing football and did not allow supper Eagle to qualify for AFCON again
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by MrEgghead(m): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kelklein:
The problem is not the gender of the referee but the abysmal level of impunity in the Nigerian system.

If you know there will be a heavy fine as a result of your behavior..you will definitely behave well

My question is: are there no other means of registering their dissatisfaction with the officiating than walking out of the pitch. We've seen clear cases of bad officiating in Europe and other places now and then, no one walks off the pitch cos that could earn the club an entire season ban from all football related activities. But in this clime, the way we do things makes me question the average black man's sanity..

That's why we don't do much in most of the things we do.
And this reminds me of OVREBO,the man who officiated the game between chelsea and Barcelona in 2009..One thing is that the referees are humans as well and are predisposed to mistakes. It's just that our league's officials and authorities are so incompetent and lack professional measures to run the league.In as much as OVREBO was never allowed to officiate a high profile match,the likes of Drogba and Ballack were severely sanctioned for expressing their reservations after the match..our league needs a committed sponsor and whole overhaul.

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by giles14(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
HAH:

So because this is Nigeria we should be abandoning match I felt cheated.
so u expect dem not to react dat way?
after travelling 1000km by road in dis harsh harmattan weather.
that female referee has no place in Nigeria football.

I don't blame CAF for not inviting or using any Nigerian referee in its competitions
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by HAH: 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ibj50:
oh you think so?, what do you think would happen if there was a confrontation? People would claim she's being intimidated cause she's a lady..
if laws are working how dare a players start confrontation in the field of play, because he will be banned by NFA and Fifa by extension and the length may be for life, mind the players have signed a code of conduct a violation of it can even be challenge in court. And the fear of ban is the beginning of wisdom for professional players
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by giles14(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
zicky:
Tell me something cheesy is this thesame woman that officiate the Plateau-Heartland game? That woman should be throw away far from anything sports.
na the same woman.
she need to go back to training school
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by koolcat: 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
eyeview:
Wait!
Let me get this straight.

A referee awards a free kick to Ifeanyi Ubah FC, they take the free kick and score and the same referee who awarded the free kick disallows it and instead says it's now half time?

Let's call a spade a spade, the woman was bribed.
ON POINT.!
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by giles14(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
we Nigerians are our own problem.
1 the first goal was ruled offside by the linesman but the referee in her wisdom awarded it a goal to d kano pillars.
2 FCIU were awarded a freekick wen dey score instead of d wise referee to award dem their goal she cancels it and says it's HT already.

with such kind of nonsense officiating how do we encourage private individuals to invest in sports in Nigeria?

all of you mentioning Europe dis Europe that ,do u see such kind of nonsense there.
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by sontoly: 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
I haven't seen where a free kick that was given is cancelled for a HT, she made a big blunder. the players have right to express their grievances.

But that ref shld be properly investigated. this one na day light robbery.

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Rick9(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
Nigeria is too backward.
So backward in many things.
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
ffrreeee:

Female referees should stick to officiating female matches.
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by seXytOhbAd(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
LecciGucci:
What do u expect from a yoruba woman..mtcheew!

One would think a man like you would have sense. Alas, your brain is the size of a groundnut. What does tribe have to do with this you stupid excuse for a human being?
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by dee02(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Olodo referee!!!!
#SackHer
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by dayowunmi(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
All of you saying that it's not about the gender. How many premier league, laliga, Serie a, ligue 1 or Bundesliga matches have you watched with a woman referee officiating? It's not that they are not good but at times matches can be get tensed, a woman may not be able to handle the tension. I don't watch Nigerian League but i guess ifeanyi uba and Kano pillars are two of the biggest clubs there. Why use a female ref for such occasion? BTW how can she blow a free kick, wait for the opponent to arrange their wall and the free kick was played and it scored and she cancels the goal and says it's half time? Lol, what is there to investigate? She has been compromised! What sort of strange ref is that? Then, it's being said that the first goal scored by Kano pillars was ruled offside by the linesman then she awarded a goal arbitrarily for them. I don't support ifeanyi uba pulling off from the match but I absolutely understand why they pulled out.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by dayowunmi(m): 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
If all the above insinuations about the match is true. Then it's safe to say it was a match between Ifeanyi Uba fc vs the referee and Kano pillars.

1 Like

Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by EasyMind(m): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
Even if na Man Officiate for the match, na the same it go be... Nigerian League wey Home Team No dey Loose

#Radarada undecided
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by Ibj50(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
HAH:
if laws are working how dare a players start confrontation in the field of play, because he will be banned by NFA and Fifa by extension and the length may be for life, mind the players have signed a code of conduct a violation of it can even be challenge in court. And the fear of ban is the beginning of wisdom for professional players
truely
Re: Poor Officiating From Referee Folusho Ajayi Ruins Opening Match Of NPFL by aswani(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
You cannot blow a game for half time or full time on a dead ball. The ball must be in play.

For example the number of minutes declared for extra time was 3 minutes and an injury occurred at 2:59. It then took 4 minutes for the injured player to be treated, the ref cannot blow for full time until the free kick is taken and only 1 second can be played.

I suspect something similar happened here. By football law the ref cannot wait to see what happens in the penalty area before blowing the whistle. Time is already up.

Nothing to do with her gender or tribe. Not her fault the players dand management of Ifeanyi Ubah don't know the rules.

Maybe Ifeanyi Ubah can choose the rules they
Want to follow as well as refs for their matches next time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open / Messi Misses Out On Puskas Award As Zsori's Stunner Seals The Prize / Villarreal Hail Chukwueze As ‘unstoppable’ After Netting First Goal Of Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.