Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

NURTW, imporverishing the impoverished? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NURTW, imporverishing the impoverished? (495 Views)

NURTW Member, Yusuf Suleiman Returns N1M To Its Owner After He Found It / 'fele', Oyo NURTW Boss, Is Dead / National Union Of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NURTW, imporverishing the impoverished? by Capitabrain(m): 5:24am On Jan 15, 2017
About NURTW, i know this body are called a union,. But what really is their work please? I have been trying to place what they are actually doing for the people they have claimed to represent and the society? In my opinion, I believe they should be able to make member's life and working experience better either through providing good working environment while members pay there dues as we can see they usually pay, either voluntarily or by force. But evidently, these can not be said about the road workers'(the drivers) life, as the features of low life is too evident in the life of most of them. Or is this another place where priority is been misplaced again by our governing institution? But, instead of the life of workers in this career path to be better, rather impoverishness is what this union have successfully made out of its own members through the extortion system that have been place on them...
Re: NURTW, imporverishing the impoverished? by YesNo(m): 5:43am On Jan 15, 2017
see them in Lagos with green and white with big shoe and paraga smelling from their mouth. they can run 6meter/second when chasing danfo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NURTW, imporverishing the impoverished? by jeebz: 10:03am On Jan 15, 2017
Capitabrain:
About NURTW, i know this body are called a union,. But what really is their work please? I have been trying to place what they are actually doing for the people they have claimed to represent and the society? In my opinion, I believe they should be able to make member's life and working experience better either through providing good working environment while members pay there dues as we can see they usually pay, either voluntarily or by force. But evidently, these can not be said about the road workers'(the drivers) life, as the features of low life is too evident in the life of most of them. Or is this another place where priority is been misplaced again by our governing institution? But, instead of the life of workers in this career path to be better, rather impoverishness is what this union have successfully made out of its own members through the extortion system that have been place on them...

Very good observation/question. The NURTW have obviously failed as a union as they fail to defend their members. They rather extort them without any form of regard. There needs to be a revolution and that must come from the top.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help To Start My Career In Acting / Information Marketing Re-launch, Make N180,000 Montly. Rgster For My 7 Day Free / Hr Course With No Stages Of Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.