Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' (695 Views)

The Most Important Type of Tithe / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' by NarnieSnyper(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hello Nairalanders! Happy Sunday to you all.
There's this thing that has been bothering me for some time now and it has to do with paying of tithe; Pardon me,because i may be wrong.
Resuming school as a student, my parents gave me the usual pocket money for school. My elder sister now told me 'i hope you will pay your tithe'. I was confused because as i have read and heard, preachers have always said we should pay 1/10 of what we earn. Now this a sum of money given to me for my upkeep.
So, i am asking, are we meant to pay tithe from our school allowee, cash gift e.t.c?
Re: Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' by annunaki2(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
You have no business paying tithes as a christian, don't let anyone confuse you.

1 Like

Re: Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' by mayorall(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
NarnieSnyper:
Hello Nairalanders! Happy Sunday to you all.
There's this thing that has been bothering me for some time now and it has to do with paying of tithe; Pardon me,because i may be wrong.
Resuming school as a student, my parents gave me the usual pocket money for school. My elder sister now told me 'i hope you will pay your tithe'. I was confused because as i have read and heard, preachers have always said we should pay 1/10 of what we earn. Now this a sum of money given to me for my upkeep.
So, i am asking, are we meant to pay tithe from our school allowee, cash gift e.t.c?

For inflow and increase.
Re: Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
mayorall:

For inflow and increase.

Could you like throw more light on this
Re: Confused About 'paying Of Tithe' by mayorall(m): 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Could you like throw more light on this

Malachi 3vs 8-9

Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.

your own reward

Malachi 3vs10-12

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the Lord of hosts. Then all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/02/17 / Buhari Not Coming Back Any Time Soon. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/02/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.