Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank (2990 Views)

GMC Terrain 2011 Engine Refused To Start After Engine Change / 5 Signs Of Bad Fuel In The Tank / Reason Why Your Car Refuses To Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by maldox(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dear Auto Gurus,

I drive a Toyota Camry 2001 model 4cyl. The car has no problem whatsoever,however, I have observed that anytime I refill the fuel tank, the car will refuse to start right there at the petrol station.

I usually refill the fuel tank once in a week and have noticed this trend more than 6 times.
In each occasion, I had to constantly press on the throttle pedal while cranking the engine.After few trials, the engine will start and runs normal as if nothing happened until next time I would want to refill,same repeats itself.

Please help with suggestions and way forward.
Thank you.
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
maldox:
Dear Auto Gurus,

I drive a Toyota Camry 2001 model 4cyl. The car has no problem whatsoever,however, I have observed that anytime I refill the fuel tank, the car will refuse to start right there at the petrol station.

I usually refill the fuel tank once in a week and have noticed this trend more than 6 times.
In each occasion, I had to constantly press on the throttle pedal while cranking the engine.After few trials, the engine will start and runs normal as if nothing happened until next time I would want to refill,same repeats itself.

Thank you.

Evap solenoid valve stuck open.

Simple fix, replace valve, if you in lagos come for a free fix (including parts)

offer expires 25th Jan 2017

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by DEXTROVERT: 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
exactly same issue with my toyota corolla 2003
but
oga Gazzuzz, I live in Dutse Jigawa State
please help my situation
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
exactly same issue with my toyota corolla 2003
but
oga Gazzuzz, I live in Dutse Jigawa State
please help my situation

open ur bonnet get a data enabled phone, and let's video chat 2BE77AF2

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by Fogman(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
maldox:
Dear Auto Gurus,

Thank you.

Had same issue with my car last year and Gazzuzz solved it for me.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by maldox(m): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Simple fix, replace valve, if you in lagos come for a free fix (including parts)

Oga Gazzuzz, thanks for your prompt response.

Thanks for identifying the culprit.

Thanks once again for offering to fix free of charge including parts, however I'm not Lagos.

With the pics you attached,I opened the bonnet and was able to identify the parts, infact I had to loose it myself to take a closer look at it. Is it possible for me to get the parts from you sir @ Oga Gazzuzz?,I can fix it myself over here. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
maldox:

Thanks once again for offering to fix free of charge including parts, however I'm not Lagos.

With the pics you attached,I opened the bonnet and was able to identify the parts, infact I had to loose it myself to take a closer look at it. Is it possible for me to get the parts from you sir @ Oga Gazzuzz?,I can fix it myself over here. Thank you.

inexpensive part. Take it out, blow air into one side of the pipe, does air pass thru the other side? If yes replace.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by talk2odim: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Abeg how do u give some1 100 likes on nairaland!!! Meanwhile: 100 likes

11 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by nams77: 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
I salute oga gazzuzz for his prompt response most times and his help. God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
thank you all for the kind words.

#Softwork wink

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
talk2odim:

Abeg how do u give some1 100 likes on nairaland!!! Meanwhile: 100 likes

Likes won't pay his bills.

What will pay his bills are referrals to his business.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
http://www.samarins.com/glossary/purge-valve.html

"In some cars, a stuck-open purge valve can cause difficulty starting right after refueling at a gas station:"

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by talk2odim: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Likes won't pay his bills.

What will pay his bills are referrals to his business.

I don't kiss and tell but trust me he has gotten a lot of that from me despite the fact that i have never spoken to him personally nor meet him in person before.......and quite frankly i am yet to be disappointed!
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

God bless you this man.
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by daveemuobo(m): 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

open ur bonnet get a data enabled phone, and let's video chat 2BE77AF2
Kai..you be boss o.God bless your kind gestures
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by pekutinz: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]
I had the identical problem with my ford focus 2001, anytime i made a refill, my car won't start until after 5 trials and above... I later found out it was the purge valve... Unfortunately, i live in Yola and Ford spare parts are not so available.
Thank God for carburetor cleaner, i cleaned my purge valve by spraying the carb cleaner and vwalla!!! One dail start up after any refill...
Hope it helps... But the best option is still to replace, so i ordered for a replacement and changed it
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by sleeky2019: 11:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
same here, please i need your phone number
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by ibrajeb: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
maldox:

pls Oga Gazzuz , is it the holes you're holding or what do we change, my car had same problem. Pls .
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by ibrajeb: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
sleeky2019:
same here, please i need your phone number
pls are we changing only the pipe that you're holding or the whole part , pls I need help as my car had same issue . Thanks .
Re: Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank by Diffpussies(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
Solution undecided

(1) (Reply)

.............Now Available.............. / Crazy 2005 RAV4 4 / Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.