Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To (2116 Views)

21 Pictures Nigerian Money Lenders Can Relate To! / Annoying Things You Can Relate To If You Are African / Funny Meme Pics Only Betting Peepz Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
Back in the days when children were still young and innocent, parents tried to teach them to save by buying or making a saving box popularly known as ‘kolo’ in Nigeria and “Susu Adaka” in Ghana, for them.
http://static.omgvoice.com/images/2016/08/19151117/Kids-saving-box.jpg
This box had an opening where money could be easily put in and saved for future use, but more importantly, to avoid the child spending it on irrelevant things like candies and the likes. So if you grew up having a kolo, you most definitely can relate to some of these.

1. When you forget to put a visitor’s money inside the box immediately and your mother asks to keep it for you
Which money will I use to buy new clothes for you?

http://static.omgvoice.com/images/2016/02/01051220/small-girl-thinking-meme-african-girl.jpg

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
2. When you get small change and you’re wondering whether to keep it inside the box or buy extra snacks at school
It’s just 50 naira abeg

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
3. You when you see your uncles and aunts. I have a kolo oh, aunty

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
4. You when you have to use hanger or a scissor to remove money from your saving box when you’re dead broke
Don’t judge me plis

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
5. You when you shake the box to hear the rattle of the money Hayy, I’m a millionaire oh

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
6. And then stuffing the kolo with paper for it to rattle more My kolo has to make the most noise.

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
7. When it’s December already and it’s time to break the kolo I did it

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
8. You when you finally break your saving box #MoneyGang #RichGang

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
9. And when you find out that your money was higher than that of your siblings
Godwin

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by datgoaldigger1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by Drinokrane: 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
10. You when you have to start the whole kolo thing all over again Chai. Shey na like this e go be again?
. What other saving box struggles can you relate to?

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by originalKsp(m): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
I can relate to all cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by originalKsp(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Your face when you open your box and you find out _cockcroaches have had some bites of your money.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Everyone Who Had A Saving Box Back In The Day Can Relate To by ymdo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
Buy kolo for 5naira (the one made with mud), save 5naira and break it the next day cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Orangoro Cartoon / Quiz: Which Of Your Facebook Friend Is Going To Hell? Find Out / Its Weekend Lets Laugh Out Loud Before Bed(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.