Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Only Gospel Artistes Will Make It To Heaven? My View - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Gospel Artistes Will Make It To Heaven? My View (260 Views)

7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s / Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? / Top Nigerian Gospel Artistes Are From Christ Embassy - Is God Being Partial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Only Gospel Artistes Will Make It To Heaven? My View by kanicorp9(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
I Don't Know If Seun Is A Christian But I think This Post Have To be in front Page.
There was a time when if you said you were a Christian there was no doubt about what you believed in. You believed you were a worthless sinner until the lord cleaned you up and washed you with his blood of mortal sacrifice. You believed you are henceforth no longer responsible for the atrocities you committed previously.

You believed that all your non-Christian neighbours are going to end up in hell if they died outside the fold, only you and your self-righteous family are headed for heaven and glory when you all died. You believed that everything the songs you sing in church and play on mass media said was divine and absolute truth. You revered gospel artistes above secular artistes.

You know that Frank Edwards is good and Dbanj not so much, from the songs they sing and the music videos they put out. Not forgetting who they pair with to sing. The Lord is not going to celebrate you more if you prefer collabo with other sinners (showing off naked women in music videos) than if you did one with Don Moen, a globally established gospel singer.

You knew all these things as a matter of fact. Nobody could say anything against your stand. In fact anybody that tried it would be immediately marked out as an instrument of the devil, out to fight against the gospel of Christ.

In Christianity music and worship go a long way back, back to the Lord Himself. In the gospels there were two places where it was recorded Jesus used songs in adoration, though it apparently was at the same event. In Matthew 26:30 and Mark 14:26 parallel texts pictured Jesus using hymns with his disciples. If you moved past the ministry of Jesus Christ even the ancient Jewish patriarchs used songs for the same purposes we do today.

Music helped people present their raw emotions before their maker, and whether you sing out loud or sing in your heart the effect is the same: you feel closer to divine providence and enjoy an internal bliss the non-believer may never know. That bliss, actually, is what mainly separates you from the non believer. I refer to it as self-righteousness.

Music is one of the chief media of protesting on behalf of self-righteousness, in other words. With only the kind of songs they listen to one can easily separate the sheep from the wolf.

Music moves emotions, empowers the will and draws out inner strength. The self-righteousness based on this powerful matrix of feelings is absolute. There is no believer worthy to be called a believer that doesn’t believe that Don Moen is more righteous than Barry White, or that Panam Percy Paul is holier than Shina Peters – or that Yinka Ayefele is better than St Janet. If you call yourself a believer and you don’t have this sentiment you should look for another word to describe what you are because it is most certainly not ‘believer’. True believers know where they stand on these matters. They have no place for backsliders, or those ready to soften the standard of the gospel to look reasonable to the world. The world can go to hell (literally), as far as the believer is concerned. When it comes to music you cannot compare holy music used in worship with secular clubbing trash.

All from which we deduce that true believers are convinced only gospel artistes can make it to heaven.

Continue Reading at: https://www.wikinaija.net/2017/01/gospel-artistes-will-make-heaven/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

"There Remaineth Therefore A Rest To The People Of God." / See What The Gospel Really Means / Why I Built A Church –imo CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.