Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,538 members, 7,955,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career (579 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career by cayodey: 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
I really need you guys to advise me on this. I applied to be a software and web manager in organization and a personal data form was sent to me to be fill and send back. In it over 45 questions were asked.
The once that got me thinking are:

1: The Policy of this organization is not to take staff who do not have plans to stay for at least 5 years, so long as there is mutual agreement on salary. You will be expected to sign a contract to this effect, a 5-year contract with possibility of salary increment based on performance, if we have to employ you. Are you favourably disposed to signing a job contract with terms mutually acceptable or you prefer a job without a binding contract?..................................……

2: How much would you consider a good startup salary per month? ...............................................
3: Below what salary would you not take the job? ..................................................................
I won't want to say anything at all that'll make loose the chance.
I've B.sc in Computer Science and currently doing my masters in Software Engineering
Thanks for your kind opinions
Re: Career by Emmaesty(f): 12:50am On Jan 16, 2017
Hmmmmm...... This one pass me oh

Cc
1forall
CrazyMan
Intelligentdude
Amicable09
Jarus
lalasticlala
davide470
Lero15

2 Likes

Re: Career by amicable09(f): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2017
cayodey:
I really need you guys to advise me on this. I applied to be a software and web manager in organization and a personal data form was sent to me to be fill and send back. In it over 45 questions were asked.
The once that got me thinking are:

1: The Policy of this organization is not to take staff who do not have plans to stay for at least 5 years, so long as there is mutual agreement on salary. You will be expected to sign a contract to this effect, a 5-year contract with possibility of salary increment based on performance, if we have to employ you. Are you favourably disposed to signing a job contract with terms mutually acceptable or you prefer a job without a binding contract?..................................……

2: How much would you consider a good startup salary per month? ...............................................
3: Below what salary would you not take the job? ..................................................................
I won't want to say anything at all that'll make loose the chance.
I've B.sc in Computer Science and currently doing my masters in Software Engineering
Thanks for your kind opinions

Hi Kayode, this is really personal and truth is, no one can make this decision for you but we can only help with signposts. In this sense, in form of pointers from our individual perspectives.

Personally, at this stage of my career, I'm not too keen on 'salary'. That's one. And I can't spend five years of my career at a place that gives me no room for self development not just salary increment. Now, this is me talking about my own choices.

Right now, with your qualifications and all, I think my hands are tied as regards what advice to give. Should I say start with 30k or 50k? Should I tell you to not settle for anything less than 80k? I can't.

Where my concern is is in the organization policy to spend at least 5 years before exiting. Ask the head of recruitment or whoever you can ask in the organization if that automatically means you have job security for five years too as a staff. That is they won't wake up three years from the date of effect and serve you termination of employment contract letter.

If they say yes and can put that clause too in the contract then It's fair enough.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Career by cayodey: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
amicable09:

Hi Kayode, this is really personal and truth is, no one can make this decision for you but we can only help with signposts. In this sense, in form of pointers from our individual perspectives.

Personally, at this stage of my career, I'm not too keen on 'salary'. That's one. And I can't spend five years of my career at a place that gives me no room for self development not just salary increment. Now, this is me talking about my own choices.

Right now, with your qualifications and all, I think my hands are tied as regards what advice to give. Should I say start with 30k or 50k? Should I tell you to not settle for anything less than 80k? I can't.

Where my concern is is in the organization policy to spend at least 5 years before exiting. Ask the head of recruitment or whoever you can ask in the organization if that automatically means you have job security for five years too as a staff. That is they won't wake up three years from the date of effect and serve you termination of employment contract letter.

If they say yes and can put that clause too in the contract then It's fair enough.
Ok
Thanks so much, I get your points and really appreciate.
God Bless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Hope This Interests You / Has DPR 2017 Recruitment Been Hijacked / Anyone That Want To Sell Sewing Machine Should Pls Contact Me Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.