Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

4 Measures Government Can Implement To Ensure Good Health Care Delivery System - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Measures Government Can Implement To Ensure Good Health Care Delivery System (475 Views)

Questions Over Nigeria Virus Measures As Lockdown Period Ends / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Measures Government Can Implement To Ensure Good Health Care Delivery System by greenhealthng(m): 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
I read with pains in my heart about an article someone posted on Naira land with the heading “UNFORTUNATE DEATHS IN OUR HOSPITAL: A NURSES PERSPECTIVE”. It is so factual because I have worked with these hospitals (private and government) during my clerkship and internship days so I have a firsthand experience despite the fact that I am neither a doctor nor a nurse. One striking and touching fact about these incidents is that some of the death that occurs within the hospitals could actually be prevented if necessary measures are put in place. The measure problems hindering proper health care delivery are:
1. Lack of facilities and infrastructure

2. Inadequate work force and manpower

3. Bad pay package

4. Harshness of hospital policy

With these problem listed I can be able to proffer some solutions which if looked properly into it would ensure a good health care delivery system.

1.Provision of adequate facilities and infrastructure: This is a great determinant of a good health care delivery system, stable electricity should be provided in hospitals because of some life threatening cases that require urgent attention and proper storage of drugs, equipments that do not need abnormal temperature. Also, bed spaces should be available in surplus quantities so as to avoid emergency cases.

2.Better pay package: A lot of our health professionals are taking foreign exams so they could work outside the shores of the country in order to attain greener pastures. It is so disheartening when your country doesn’t recognize your worth and other countries do. Health professionals go through a lot in rendering quality health care services to humanity. If you compare what other health professionals earn abroad including remuneration packages, it would be clear to you that we are not recognized in our homeland. I implore the government to ensure a pay package for health professionals in order to boost their moral so they can render good health care services to the populace effectively.

3.Employ more workforce and manpower: This problem is encountered mostly in private hospitals. You find situations where two nurses and a doctor are placed on duty to attend to three women in labour and other patients who need proper medical attention. They should employ more health workforce so there would be division of labour in carrying out their medical duties.

4.Adjust the hospital policies: Some hospital policies do not offer free emergency treatment unless they are being paid. Saving the life of a patient should be the utmost priority. Some cases are just life threatening and demand medical attention else the patient dies. Why not adjust the policy so it favours both parties? Like it is done in some hospitals where they would receive emergency treatment for 24 hours before payment. Another policy that hinders proper health care delivery is the restriction of duties placed on nurses. In situations where the doctor is not available, nurses should carry out medical treatment on the patient since they are also medically knowledgeable.
Cc,,,dominique,,sissy3,,lalasticlala,,,,

Re: 4 Measures Government Can Implement To Ensure Good Health Care Delivery System by greenhealthng(m): 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: 4 Measures Government Can Implement To Ensure Good Health Care Delivery System by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Educational,,,but ds our govt sef
Re: 4 Measures Government Can Implement To Ensure Good Health Care Delivery System by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
this govt of chain dznt gv a damn about your health talk more of health sector,,,,every man to himself,,,,useless govt

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Primary Healthcare Revitalisation – Toyin Saraki Urges Activation / Why You Shed Tears While Cutting Onions / Why You Have A Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.