Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,206 members, 7,860,342 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Stop Anxiety Now. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Anxiety Now. (684 Views)

Severe Anxiety Help Me!!! / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders / Chewing Gum Reduces Stress, Improves Alertness And Relieves Anxiety. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Anxiety Now. by mosqit: 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
I suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for six years and during those six years I sought every possible way of managing panic attacks.

Who wouldn't?

The attacks were making a shambles of my business life because the situations that triggered my attacks with the most certainty were business meetings. And I had a minimum of one meeting a week with some weeks having as many as three.

This was back in the 80's before there were things like Panic Away or others that use a very swift and clever "perception modification" that basically stops panic attacks cold right away.

As I said at the start of this article I was seeking ways to manage my attacks and I think I tried everything! I took up jogging. I meditated as best I could. I sat in saunas and hot tubs. I lifted weights.

And I read every book I could get my hands on that had to do with the "relaxation response." Remember that?

These efforts had a really solid positive effect on my anxieties, but my attacks marched on unabated. The only difference was that I was more relaxed in between the attacks!

But the attacks were relentless and my business meetings were a shambles.

Toward the sixth year's end I started to form an idea the seemed to have merit.

It went like this. I realized that I had struggled through hundreds of these pernicious attacks, and while they were very disturbing, I became to realize that they didn't hurt me! At least not physically, anyway. I had suspicious thoughts about my mental state, but who wouldn't after hundreds of times when it felt like they were "going crazy."

When I combined the feeling that the attacks couldn't hurt me with the anger I had rising in me over my six years of ruined meetings and lost productivity, something happened. My attitude toward panic attacks shifted to knowing they couldn't hurt me and anger over their effects on me and my business for the last six years.

That new found attitude toward the attacks enabled me to lose my fear of those attacks.

And, as soon as I didn't fear them they went away. For good!

On my own, in my own way, I discovered that managing panic attacks was a waste of time, a flawed concept.

You don't have to "manage" them. You can "cure" them and forget about them. They'll be gone.

And the "key" to this cure is for the sufferer to let go of their fear of the panic attacks or their return. When the fear is gone the attacks are gone.

That's how it went for me. Of course, I did it the hardest way I can imagine. You don't have to do it the hard way. There are some excellent programs that have shown tens of thousands the way out.

The way out is by getting rid of your fear of the attacks.

You can get your life back!

call for more info 08068926512

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Solution Urgently Pls: / Burnt Lips / Slimming Belt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.