Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 (5108 Views)

Go Behind The Scenes As The Igbo’s Go On Set Of ADAURE For Their Own Version Of / Where Is Adaora Achumba Of Stv? / Adaure Achumba And Her Accent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by Carlosein(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
^^^Agree on all counts.
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by mamagee3(f): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
Congrats to her!!!! tongue
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by PEPSI: 3:16am On Nov 29, 2009
I love this her blog entry where she shuts up rumors claiming she slept her way to the top!!!!!!!

http://according2adaure..com/search?q=hian

Her blog
(“We hear you are f*****g all 3 of the Bruces, is that true? They gave you a company house and car while your co workers don’t get either? You go Adaure, i knew you had more than beauty and brains. You also have Streetness.”

Ordinarily I would delete such a foolish comment or respond with the typical “do I need to respond to that?” or “I won’t dignify that comment with a response.” But interestingly this comment just played into my hands not just because of the nature but because I have been waiting for the opportunity to off-load on the true connotation and implication of comments like this (which I have been hearing since I was a child and continue to read in the papers) but didn’t quite find the right moment. It is truly sad (and I bet you it is other women who fuel and feed these kinds of rumors, further destroying the progress that some of us are making in Nigeria). Shame on you and all who peddle such without proof and fact and with the intent to bring people to disrepute. And for those women who do sleep/have slept their way through and you have fact and proof against them? So what? How does it concern you and how does it affect the price of tomatoes in the market. Please get a life my friend. The motto in the corporate world is and has always been 'the end justifies the means'. So stop hating and go get yours how ever you deem fit. I am sure there have been many interviews with leading women in Nigeria dealing with this issue, but in a recent interview in Encomium (sad, I read it, but only as part of work…u know keeping tabs on the Jones’s) Club Queen, Louise Priddy put’s it well when she says, “…they forget I’ve worked hard. I only just turned 30. I worked for 6 years and instead of giving praise for achieving the little that I have, they just write all sorts of things. You never hear them slugging other men off in the business; it’s always the young girl’s who are working hard and doing well. If you are working hard, female and single it’s almost a problem.” (And DHL just rang the doorbell to deliver my Platinum membership card to Bacchus…LOL)

I know we all love gist. In fact I have emailed the comment to a couple of my friends and we have had a good chuckle over it as we do with every other gist of this nature that we hear (Pretty much making an anthill out of a mole’s hole just because I can). So ya’ll please help me laugh at this rather ludicrous bit. But on second though and as my friend Ndidi says, these days you can’t swear for anyone because people are capable of things you never think to give them credit for. So who knows, may be my eyes have opened to the way things work in Nigeria, after all I have been in this country for 8 months so I should have picked up a few tricks here and there. Or could it be one of my alter egos going around behind my back and scoring some deals in the between the sheets. Damn you Carmen!! Remember what Santa said, ‘you’re not supposed to leave evidence behind, stupid’. That’s Carmen’s bad, sometimes she gets a bit generous and likes to think she is Mrs. Claus and not an ordinary Elf. The girl has ambition don’t you think. For anyone who’d like to get lessons please holler at me so I can show you the way. At this rate and going by recent reports, I should make Vice President of Silverbird TV by the time my contract is up for renegotiation. Dang if only I had negotiated the offer better in 2002, I just might have made Board of Trustees by now. Oh well, can’t cry over spilt milk, I just need to work with what God has endowed me with to get what I want and in the Nigerian context, that does not include my degree from University of North Carolina or the 10 year experience I have had with various media houses in the United States. Oh no, not at all. All I really need is a good demi-push up bra (like I need the extra help in that department), a pair of red stilettos, puckered up lips and talons to match, a hot skimpy dress and a packet of multicolored condoms to do the trick.(Wait a minute… that sounds like me on a Friday night…OOPS!! Scrap that!!)

Jokes aside ‘Anonymous’ could be one of three pathetic people; A lazy ass tabloid reporter, digging around for information especially with recent reports of some two month old stale gist. Haba! Mr. Pressman/Ms. Correspondent una too bam o. This my own gist is 8 months old so you should be fired for delivering stale gist like this. Anonymous could also be a bitter and jealous co-worker for whom I can’t but feel sorry for. This rumor actually started at the office before I had even spent a month there. There are other incredulous stories that I have heard that will make you bounce off the walls with laughter. Including one, or two that have a high school (ISL) twist to it and I shan’t get into that because it is WILD. As in people ask me these weird questions and I am like ‘Huh?’ and they go, ‘I thought they said…’ But that’s Nigeria for you though. Oddly enough I was warned about this and I expected it. Not saying that I have ‘made it’ or I’m taking trucks to the bank, but this person obviously doesn’t realize that in the corporate world, level pass level. Last time I checked people get employed based on how impressive their resume is or how large their personality is. And if I am going to transplant my life from another continent, don’t you think I would negotiate a strong and solid contract with all the necessary benefits to make it worth my while and comfortable a decision for me to make. You are very lucky I just have an ordinary $25k a year, UNC degree. What if I had a Harvard Business School degree? Ha!!! May be we’d be having your funeral because you would jump off Third Mainland Bridge if you hear about whatever that employment package would have contained. I would not only ask for corner office with ocean view, I would ask for a lagoon front house, fully serviced with a brand new Toyota Prado, 2 months paid vacation and an occasional ‘dubber’ every weekend (now that’s pimping). In fact with that kind of contract the Bruce Brother’s Three will be on vacation everyday because I’ll have everything under control. SHIIIIEEEETTTT!!!! LOL!!! I mean I can’t apologize for doing exactly what I was taught to do in college so wait till it’s time to get your contract renewed and ask for everything that Adaure gets. In fact ask for double since you probably are older than me and I’m just a small girl. And so that it doesn’t look like I am standing in the way of your progress I am wishing you GOODLUCK in that quest because you’ll need it. Finally, Anonymous might even be an acquaintance or a friend of an acquaintance. The ones who have beef with you but can’t stand up to your face and say what’s on their mind or deal with it. The Voltrons. Please state your mission…from where to where and how? Ha… see me see wahala.)
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by matiltomd(f): 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Pepsi,
   yawns!!! thanks for the "sleeping pill",  grin grin grin but quite interesting though,
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by gidson12(m): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ pepsi
just the link was ok pls save us the space with all these
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by hahaha2(m): 12:26am On Nov 30, 2009
@Pepsi i must say that was long one, cudnt get past the 1st three lines, the story totally did not even interest me, pls next time just extract all the salient points and provide the link for the rest, thanks
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by koko12(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
she's fly, congrats adaure
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by PEPSI: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2009
Save the space why , errm is there a shortage of space here certainly some people still have a healthy attention span
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by vwvw(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2009
wink wink story is true that's why STV is recruiting
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by Vickivicki(m): 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2009
cool smiley lipsrsealed
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by Dhotseal(m): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2009
Common!
U made me call silverbird yesterday only to be told
that this story is unfounded and false.
Pls lets watch what we say before we cause a
young lady to be fired from her job.
Thnx.
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by shilling(f): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2009
I saw her on Silverbird TV on Monday when I was in Lagos. I really don't understand what the fuss is about. Although she couldn't pronounce some regular words when she talked about the President's medical condition, I think she's a good anchorperson (she presented the news well). I have to say her accent sounds kinda forced. She's far from beautiful, her bone structure is weird but that makes her face stand out. All in all, she's a good anchor and that's what counts. So, congrats to her!!
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by donchelsea: 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Oh am very happy for her.
May her joy know no bound.
Congratulations!!!!
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by Whizkyd: 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
like i care, only like her accent and booty
Re: Adaure Achumba Joins MNET’s Studio 53 by gnaya: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
you go girl nice one.Apart 4rm IK i dnt thnk any naija person has reported 4 studio 53.thats a good one.Please rep us well.All d best

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Movies and Countries Can You Identify In These Pictures? / The Stupidest Movies You've Ever Watched? / How Many Telenovela/mexican Film Have You Watched?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.