Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

IMEI Invalid On MTN Sim...pls Help!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / IMEI Invalid On MTN Sim...pls Help!! (1006 Views)

A Brand New Mtn Sim Lock Zte Mifi For Sale At Ibadan / How To Find The IMEI Number Of Huawei Or ZTE Modem / How To Get Free 500mb Or 1gb Data Bonus On MTN Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMEI Invalid On MTN Sim...pls Help!! by inikamoze(m): 4:57am On Jan 17, 2017
My MTN sim keeps showing invalid IMEI. I got a used android phone, I did a factory reset and when I was done, I kept getting invalid IMEI message, I did what I did and I was able to validate the IMEI numbers on both sims (GLO & MTN), now the problem I am having is that I reset the phone again, did the IMEI thingy and now my MTN sim shows invalid IMEI when put in the sim slot, I tried other networks and it came up immediately so the problem is with my MTN sim.
Pls what can I do to validate its IMEI or how can I make it work on the android phone? PLS HELP!!!!
Re: IMEI Invalid On MTN Sim...pls Help!! by dxdiag(m): 8:45am On Jan 17, 2017
inikamoze:
My MTN sim keeps showing invalid IMEI. I got a used android phone, I did a factory reset and when I was done, I kept getting invalid IMEI message, I did what I did and I was able to validate the IMEI numbers on both sims (GLO & MTN), now the problem I am having is that I reset the phone again, did the IMEI thingy and now my MTN sim shows invalid IMEI when put in the sim slot, I tried other networks and it came up immediately so the problem is with my MTN sim.
Pls what can I do to validate its IMEI or how can I make it work on the android phone? PLS HELP!!!!

Did you brought the phone new? if not there's probability that the phone IMEI has been tampered with.
If you tweaked the IMEI of the phone and forgot to re-install the imei of the phone underneat the phone battery/phone casing do that using Mobile uncle apps or give the phone to a technician to help you with the IMEI issue.
Re: IMEI Invalid On MTN Sim...pls Help!! by inikamoze(m): 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
dxdiag:

Did you brought the phone new? if not there's probability that the phone IMEI has been tampered with.
If you tweaked the IMEI of the phone and forgot to re-install the imei of the phone underneat the phone battery/phone casing do that using Mobile uncle apps or give the phone to a technician to help you with the IMEI issue.

Yeah I tweaked the phone's IMEI but the issue here is that its only my MTN sim that shows invalid IMEI, if I insert another sim,it will accept it, but its this particular MTN sim which happens to be my other main line that shows invalid IMEI...so how can I fix it?

(1) (Reply)

10 Smart Ways To Speed Up Your Computer / My Power pack Just Got Blown(toshiba) Is There Anyone At Computer Village Here? / HP Zbook Studio G3 | Full Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.