Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? (859 Views)

A Beginner Guide To Using Qubweb- Africans Largest Questions And Answer Engine / Top 3 Forums For Wap And Webmasters / Top 10 Nigerian Online Forums 2017 Arraigned By Wikinaija. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 11:39am On Jan 17, 2017
Hey guys,

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I did search and didn't show anything related to the post, if this is available, sorry about this. I think the forum serves as a great resource for newbies and experiences users and has larger community.

However, I feel the forum is old and doesn't have key ingredients of a modern forum software. Why not to migrate to using a platform like Discourse, Flarum, Nodebb, ...?

Some conversation should be found here:
forum.sublimetext.com/t/why-sublime-forum-should-be-on-discourse/14654

Cheers!
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Looks like no anyone is interested sad
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
bakhtiyor:
Hey guys,

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I did search and didn't show anything related to the post, if this is available, sorry about this. I think the forum serves as a great resource for newbies and experiences users and has larger community.

However, I feel the forum is old and doesn't have key ingredients of a modern forum software. Why not to migrate to using a platform like Discourse, Flarum, Nodebb, ...?

Some conversation should be found here:
forum.sublimetext.com/t/why-sublime-forum-should-be-on-discourse/14654

Cheers!
You're not specific when you say "the forum". Which of the forums bro? And besides, your posts will "get" contributions if your tenses are structurally correct. My view...
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 3:37am On Jan 18, 2017
Laive:

You're not specific when you say "the forum". Which of the forums bro? And besides, your posts will "get" contributions if your tenses are structurally correct. My view...

I meant the nairaland forum
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2017
What do you think?
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
bakhtiyor:
What do you think?
Several people have suggested that Nairaland be upgraded. However, it appears doing an upgrade might be technically demanding on the owner of this forum.
Anyway, specifically what features would you have loved to see on Nairaland?
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by Bigajeff(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
I'm a huge fan of nairaland till fade despite having my own social forum. I think upgrading SMF powered into a modern like most people advocate required technical work from the coder or the programmer because it wasn't built from the scratch like a self built forums, so you have to follow SMF blueprints unless seun is ready to move its database to a totally new design. Nairaland has come a long way an still active and functioning with the most populated and visited online community in this part of the world. Better keep running and allow systematic upgrade if needs be than to shutdown for few hours for total upgrade.
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
Laive:

Anyway, specifically what features would you have loved to see on Nairaland?

I want to see many features which has modern forums.

The current navigation & notification are awful, even commenting systems is better than this forum wink
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 3:40am On Jan 21, 2017
any thoughts?
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 4:12am On Jan 22, 2017
seems no one interested
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by MrFemFem: 9:14am On Jan 22, 2017
Check This http:// www.guruprofits.com.ng
Re: Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum? by bakhtiyor(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
MrFemFem:
Check This http:// www.guruprofits.com.ng

What is it Not related reply!

(1) (Reply)

Unn Aspirant Whatsapp Group / I Want To Learn Web Design / I Would Design Any Type Of Website/blog For Free (it My Birthday )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.