Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,461 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer (1165 Views)

Please Help Me Become A Programmer If You Can / Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming / Top 10 Movies A Programmer Must Watch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by samijay8(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
I always have that love for computers, softwares, mobile and different innovation in computers, so I think going for programming is better too. Iknow iI suck in maths and paid a man wwho's is a VB.net developer for 20 years +. Sometimes I get the logic little by little but always tell me my maths is poor and maybe I may not be a programmer. I haven't get to him over a month cos I think I may have been wasting time over since cos of my maths problems. Do I really must be a maths genius to be a programmer
Re: Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by appcypher: 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
samijay8:
I always have that love for computers, softwares, mobile and different innovation in computers, so I think going for programming is better too. Iknow iI suck in maths and paid a man wwho's is a VB.net developer for 20 years +. Sometimes I get the logic little by little but always tell me my maths is poor and maybe I may not be a programmer. I haven't get to him over a month cos I think I may have been wasting time over since cos of my maths problems. Do I really must be a maths genius to be a programmer
Obviously you don't have to be a math genius to be a programmer else there will hardly be anyone in the field. I won't say I suck at maths, but for most the parts I get away with logic and basic algebra. If you are not developing games or math-oriented apps, you shouldn't have problem with maths.
Maths is cool tho, once you understand it intuitively. Check out betterexplained.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
I think with my experience i rather say that just failed the number one test involved; patience.
Work on these factors • patience, logical and thinking skill, high level of concentration!

1 Like

Re: Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
yeah, a sound knowledge of maths is a cool jump start to gaining excellence in programming, but you do not really need maths. they are many aspects of programming that do not require maths, like front-end web development even some apps, you just need to be cool with logic to be ahead. Nevertheless, they is no skill that can't be acquired with patience, if you really need maths, then learn it bro.... its a skill.... just invest your own 10,000 hours and success wud certainly be your portion.... goodluck

1 Like

Re: Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
Most aspects of computer programming don't really need math except u want to dive into Game development or Graphics.

1 Like

Re: Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by samijay8(m): 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks guys. I think I get it all but I don't just fucking know when he says you won't know programming without maths. I just get depressed
Re: Must You Be A Mathematics Genius Before You Be A Programmer by Craigston: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
Actually, if you want to be an average programmer, a working knowledge of basic Algebra and Logic is enough. But you won't be able to design innovative solutions in Computer Programming.
You'll likely end up relying on the solutions of others, and you'll do more of the kinds of work that require little math.
But there are areas of programming that require good Math knowledge to be productive, and those areas are not where the majority flock.
I'd recommend you do more Math: it won't hurt, and I find it as easy as learning the concepts of programming; you take a few building blocks, then combine them progressively into more complex systems.
Personally, I often find myself thinking mathematically when finding solutions to programming problems. Also, it's not only Math. Programming has resonance in areas of Law, Philosophy, Psychology, etc. It all depends on your aspirations.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AFTER LEARNING HTML, WHAT NEXT? / 10 Mobile App Development Trends That 2018 Holds In Store / Software Developer Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.