Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO (26070 Views)

Lagos Police Reunite "One-Chance" Victims With Family (Photos) / Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone / Six Cultists Who Killed Fashola Arrested By Lagos Police (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by winkmart: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
For a long time, Nigerians have asked if it's right for police officer to search your mobile phones during a routing stop and search exercise on the road. Now, the Lagos State Police PRO, Dolap Badmus has shed more light on the issue saying it is wrong.

In her words,

'Your phone is private, it's your private property because people do alot of private stuffs on their mobile phones so it's wrong. Police officers have no right to do that except there is a reasonable ground to do so'.

Watch the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKIa8iPvSck

[img]https://4.bp..com/-67TDInmpPSA/WH4NApXNalI/AAAAAAALbB8/k43vwMXIFAMVm9-u2kdzsnUTyfAt8Mg7ACLcB/s640/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/no-police-officer-has-right-to-check_17.html

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by TRADELYN: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
That's usually the first thing they do after arrest. embarassed
¬¬¬¬¬¬
Since 2010:
Let's help you with all your research/business plan worries. kiss

3 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by nnachukz(m): 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
OK.
NB: Don't drag an ordinary phone with a Nigerian police who is with his riffle. Use your brain, they don't value life.
A dead man, has no direct benefit from justice.
If you die because of phone, na your life you waste.

Nkwucha aburo ujo.

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Afriifa(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
that's what they usually say, but within the Nigerian Police is your enemy

10 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Off ya pant...

1 Like

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by brunofarad(m): 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Na so
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Madam Dolapo, what kind of vague statement is this? You should have told us what constitutes 'reasonable ground'.

And to you Nigerians, believe this woman at your own peril, Nigerian policemen dobnot value lives, they will shoot you and absolutely nothing will happen.

Even of you want to show you know your rights, remember that your life is more important to your family than your rights

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by alatbaba1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
if I hear. there will always be a reasonable ground to do so. No be naija police?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by nonstan(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Let's be clear here, if you are stopped by a police in a lonely place, cooperate, even if they want your watch or iPhone , give them,..that's just my advise.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Janetessy(f): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ok
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Yandomy: 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
make i munch am

2 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Bioboy1213(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
always password ur phone
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by NetBizguy: 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yahoo Boys this is not a guarantee to go on with hustling for Magas
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by habex005(m): 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
thank God it has been spoken and now my yahoo boy.....make una carry go

1 Like

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by segebase(m): 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
if I hear
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Pilar4u(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yahoo yahoo boys would be happy to hear this
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by legibow: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
Then chop witch.....phone na car, or na goods.
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by gentility16(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
Just like they usually say bail is free

13 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by obamabinladen(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
"Except if there is reasonable ground to do so".

What are the reasonable grounds?.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Mouthgag: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Words
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by mikkypel(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
Check my signature
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Emmafrancis: 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
This woman fine oooo

1 Like

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
Sharap jor, in this jungle called Nigeria, the few who dared challenge the police on their rights are either 6fts below or left with life long traumatic experience.
Our force men are simply untrained in civilian interactions, they seem to get hard ons from intimidating helpless citizens.
Let them check my boxers if they like. I can even dash them the phone if na phone dey hungry them . I would stay alive To Buy a better one

3 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by abogjohn(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
See this woman.. Federal Sars for Ikorodu go slap life out of you if you no drop your phone. Useless pple..

7 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by RentALodge: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
If the Police authorities cannot enforce the ban on Police checkpoints, how will he enforce this one? Looks like these people don't understand the levels the Policemen on our roads go to forcefully take phones and search them. It is embarrasing and I see when some boys refuses, they start beating them up and senior officers will be there and they will look the other way.

My advice: You are better off allowing them to search your phone. Your life is important. You just never know what the Nigerian police will do to force you to do what they want.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Effini: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yandomy:
make i munch am
lol
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by 2shur: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
i go make sure say i stab 5he police officer
deflate rhey tires.
fools..
thieves
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by playfulvivo: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
D idiots go hear...........na money dem dey find na
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by Iamwrath: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Share the shyyt out of this news
Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by helinues: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Is she saying Police is our friend?

Hell no

10 Likes

Re: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Phone - Lagos Police PRO by mantosa(m): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Madam PRO did not do justice to that question. "Reasonable ground" is too vague.

It should be a Yes or No answer. In Nigeria, we suspect each other so meaning the police have every right to search our phones then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#AbujaMassacre Trends On Twitter Over Video Of Soldiers Shooting At Protesters / Cultists Kill University Graduate In Benue And One Other (PHOTOS) / Yoruba Youths Stab Hausa Man To Death In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.