Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students (61112 Views)

Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Aborted Baby Found In A Hostel In Federal University Oye Ekiti (graphic Photos) / Osinbajo Changes Federal University, Oye Ekiti To Adeyinka Adebayo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Ekakamba: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
You meant to say Federal Private University Ekiti? grin

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Starships4u(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
bro... he has more 2 pay
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by chicoMX(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
please which one university calendar? No be free of charge?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Prime1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
big time daylight robbery...it's too much. the list is rubbish. library #7500( what are you reading). matriculation 8k(for what), handbook 2500( it's shud be 250 or is it a textbook), university calender 5k chai........enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by dyabman(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
Caution Fee grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Reader1988: 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
But Buhari promised us that school fees would b free of charge. Or affordable.

Buhari, Iam crying. come to our rescue. Help us to marry any member of your family so that we can have food to eat.

Buhari.......why these hardship
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by TVTKOKO(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
wellmax:
Fair for a Federal university
bros u cal this fair? Or you didn't read the write up.. I said he was told to bring money for what is already paid for in the list for school fees
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
Tomorrow you'd want your brother to get the same job private university graduates are getting.
89+30k.. You are complaining. Kontinu
when u envy Universities abroad.. have u asked how much is their fees there?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by donbrowser(m): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
The school is still young and not part of ASUU yet that's why.

If you know what I mean.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by omolorlarh: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
TVTKOKO:
Please I'll like this to get to the relevant authorities. I really don't know who to report this issue to.
My brother gained admission into this very university and after paying an acceptance fee of #30,000 , school fees of #89,000 was paid which includes everything as shown in the break down list from the schools portal. The school had to be requesting for another fee for medical fees, administration fee which was already included in the overall fee of #89,000. I mean, THIS IS FRAUD! DAY LIGHT ROBBERY!

please i don't know how this can get to the relevant authorities.. I just thought of bringing up the issue here.
the medical you have paid for,is forany medical attention he needs in the school throughout the session while the one you are asked to pay for now,is to carry out basic tests such as pregnancy,blood group, HIV etc. for record purposes before becoming a student fully.this payments are normal and not a scam.you are not the first paying for such and you won't be the last too
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by TVTKOKO(m): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Starships4u:
bro... he has more 2 pay
brother,, are you a student in the school?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by dayowunmi(m): 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
Okay so federal university is charging up to 89k and you people will be criticizing private for charging up to 500k. Don't you know that private are all on their own while federal schools have financial backing from the government.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by TVTKOKO(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
dirtymoney:
Tomorrow you'd want your brother to get the same job private university graduates are getting.
common, if it a private uni,, then i knw it's a private uni. Over here in the North A whole ABU ZARIA fees everything is not up to 40k and its also a Federal university so why the disparity?
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
dirtymoney:
Lol
The average undergrad tuition for public universities in the US (for an academic year) is around N6 million!
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Adeolu4(m): 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
As a fresher I think it is not too much
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
AAU moved from 42k to 126k
that one is no longer fraud or robbery, thats qwauruption (corruption)

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by johnads11: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
This one gbege
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Yosuregames: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
u r complainin check out d skul fees of ur sis skul. I paid 50k acceptance n skul fees 205k for law. Dat 255k i for don go private uni.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by FODA(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
@ op,pay the money or let ur brother come back home.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Mayflowa(m): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
donvicky2007:

No tuition fees with that it will be above 100k

No student money gets to federal government. Tuition is free for federal universities. All money collected are utilised by the schools.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by wellmax(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
TVTKOKO:
bros u cal this fair? Or you didn't read the write up.. I said he was told to bring money for what is already paid for in the list for school fees

So what's your point. I said the fees is fair for a Federal University. If someone is trying to dupe or exploit another, what's my business with that.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
TVTKOKO:
common, if it a private uni,, then i knw it's a private uni. Over here in the North A whole ABU ZARIA fees everything is not up to 40k and its also a Federal university so why the disparity?
Kindly remind me of ABU Zaria's position in world university ranking? Thats what u get from a 40k per session education.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
The post is trash
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
why are u surprised? do u know that the school fee we pay in almost all public schools in naija is inclusive of library, id card, medical, dept, and lab fees? but after paying the full school fee dem go still tell u say make u pay for id card, dept and other fee that s already imcluded in the school fee. Just try checking your school fee breakdown. naija school ma bizness centre
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Emassive(m): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
The Budget of Fuoye was is been cut by Half as it used to be and they are currently on strike due to non payment of salaries. They lack the many infrastructure in the rural Settlement where the school is situated All thanks to the Now Minister Fayemi who GEJ requested state Land from to Build the Fed Uni but decided to use OYE his town instead an already developing Ado Ekiti or Ikare.... Politics is what will drown this nation someday. The school is looking at generating revenue as directed by the federal Govt. True Story and first hand source.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by OSESUNATE(m): 11:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ambrose Alli dey pay 164k for med student and 75k for acceptance fee
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by fashionale(m): 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
So is FUOYE VC on NL in.
Instead of him to lay complaint to the DVC Admin office your here asking us Jamb questions. What do yah expect us to do now

He fit be here, those him type full here, they will hide under one funny moniker dey form bobo.
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
baby124:
Which sports fee is that? Why are students paying for sports
in case the student bursts ball! Lmao
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by daveemuobo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Justdulla:
So is FUOYE VC on NL in.
Instead of him to lay complaint to the DVC Admin office your here asking us Jamb questions. What do yah expect us to do now
You obviously don't know the power of social media
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by Tisham20(m): 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
idonbilivit
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by nemelu123(m): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2017
Is too small nah
i paid 91k in year1 in uniport
some paid 120k self
Re: Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students by michaelmo11(m): 12:22am On Jan 18, 2017
Emassive:
The Budget of Fuoye was is been cut by Half as it used to be and they are currently on strike due to non payment of salaries. They lack the many infrastructure in the rural Settlement where the school is situated All thanks to the Now Minister Fayemi who GEJ requested state Land from to Build the Fed Uni but decided to use OYE his town instead an already developing Ado Ekiti or Ikare.... Politics is what will drown this nation someday. The school is looking at generating revenue as directed by the federal Govt. True Story and first hand source.
actually it was a PDP Senator representing a region in ekiti that fought for the federal university to be brought to his hometown (oye-ekiti). one of d reasons i heard why FUOYE's school is high is because they are running two campuses [one would now ask, who send dem make them run two campuses: There is another campus in Ikole-ekiti, while the main campus is oye]. Before the PDP senator (i have forgotten his name) began fighting for the school to be in Oye, the university could have been in ikole ( it was said back then that ikole-ekiti had produced an high number of academicians (majorly professors), although Oye indigene's are more active on the political scene. It later became a serious war between Oye and Ikole, which became settled by sharing the faculties between the two towns in which 4 yr courses(social sciences, sciences) were placed in oye while d 5 yr courses(engineering+ agriculture) were placed n ikole.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A School In Onitsha Invited Father Christmas For Fun But It Ended In Tears - Pho / Transparent Animals You Never Knew Were In Existence! / 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.